A decent video editing program? anyone?

Discussions about UT99
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

A decent video editing program? anyone?

Post by Feralidragon »

It's like this: I record my UT videos to show and promote my packs with fraps, with a very good quality and speed.

The problem is the video editor: I used Windows Movie Maker, but I only could save into a crappy WMV.
Then I used Video Spin, a freeware good one, but the trial expired so I can only save in crap formats like wmv, avi, mpeg1 and rm, so I would have to buy the divx/mp4 encoders to get a good quality in my videos.

Currently, after the edition of a video, the best quality I get is this:
http://files.filefront.com/NuclearLaunc ... einfo.html

That's actually a new nuke that's going to come with the new version of Nali Weapons II (I tried to somewhat achieve a bit the UT3 Redeemer explosion effect, with no much success).

What I ask you, is that if know good and simple video editors, that are free and come with the mp4/divx encoder, so I can get full quality in my videos, otherwise they will always look like crap.

Or if you know a way to use Video Spin at it's full glory, or something I missed, let me know as well

:help: :help: :help:
S'Calain
Novice

Re: A decent video editing program? anyone?

Post by S'Calain »

omg, please no dumb divx, that's crappy shit. I know a lot free programs where you can use x264/avc1 XVid, aac ogg mp3, mp4 mkv, softsubs, etc etc.

Therefore there are MeGui, VirtualDub Avidemux, and many more, but there is kinda mux to do to install them. No wonder there are so many crappy expensive dumb-shit-programs around the net when no one knows about the free professional programs

If you need help with these programs to install them, look on this page http://www.doom9.org/
or ask me: 297387569

MeGui can convert video to many formats
VirtualDub can cut videos mainly can create avi with xvid and h264/x264 an dmp3
Avidemux can do both as fa I know, but I don't have that much experience with especially since I didn't get what I wanted with it.