A number of ideas and some questions (I'm new at this)

Discussions about UT99
synaesthetic
Average
Personal rank: Where am I?

A number of ideas and some questions (I'm new at this)

Post by synaesthetic »

I'm not so much new at this as I have been 'out of the loop for a whike'. I was a faithful fragger back when this game first hit the market. Just haven't been paying attention since however. I'll get to the point.....start a practice match with these mutators....ChaosUT 1.1 with weapons cycle, the although stupid mod Batshitinsane thing from the downloads (I'm sorry, I know it sucks horribly) http://www.ut99.org/download/112/ for the sake of the piñata mutator, and no health powerups. That makes for pretty intense game. If you don't know what the piñata does, all the guns you pickup get dropped when you die. Over time pretty much an economy of guns gets started. I'd love to start a server like this. I'm going to need some advice on getting that working. 2nd....and here's a hard one. In the Chaos UT weapon cycle it goes like this....Redeemer, Redeemer, Turret, Vortex. Is there a way to make it go Redeemer, Instagib, Turret, Vortex? I clearly have no idea what I'm asking for, so just humor me. If by some chance there's a real control freak mod for item swapping I'll settle for Instagib in place of the UTPower amp.

And one last thing - Does anybody know if the King of The Hill maps from OSP's Quake 2 KOTH mod ever got ported?

Thanks

update - founf exactly what I needed with Stuffswapper
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Re: A number of ideas and some questions (I'm new at this)

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Pinata mutator....there's one for UT99? 8)
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
synaesthetic
Average
Personal rank: Where am I?

Re: A number of ideas and some questions (I'm new at this)

Post by synaesthetic »

yessir, in that rather unfortunate mod I linked to. I'm not sure what file specifically it is that goes into the game system directory, but it's in there.