s3tc textures

Discussions about UT99
}PsT{ICU
Novice

s3tc textures

Post by }PsT{ICU »

I tried using the S3TC texture patch and still get the sliding palyers is there a fix???????? :roll:
synaesthetic
Average
Personal rank: Where am I?

Re: s3tc textures

Post by synaesthetic »

Can I assume you mean you get sliding player when you connect to a server?

http://www.ut99.org/2008/04/19/tweak-yo ... e-maximum/

The handy info starts midway down the page with "Next we’re gonna install higher resolution S3TC ..."

Hope that helps.
}PsT{ICU
Novice

Post by }PsT{ICU »

hey thanks for the reply but yes I have already installed the higher textures but have still noticed the sliding players when logging into servers

Today I looked to see if there was some patch or download to correct the problem but found nothing so far any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated
}PsT{ICU
Novice

Post by }PsT{ICU »

Hey everyone still waiting on a reply any help would be great! :noidea :noidea :noidea
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

Hi,

Sliding players can also be due to a bad connection to the server or maybe a trojan or virus.

Please check for lame connections on your machine and ensure that the connectivity to the server on which you are playing is good.

If you want to check for the S3TC fix, you can host a lan server yourself and connect to it to check...
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
}PsT{ICU
Novice

Post by }PsT{ICU »

Thanks but I was asking for a fix that included things that was not obvious. No its not a connection problem and yes I have used the fix as stated in the last post.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

That fix never worked for me either. The ONLY way that I know of that will correct problems is for server admins to ditch the net textures included with the server version of UT99 and install all the ones off of the first UT CD and the Chaos UT ones off the second CD.

They can be downloaded here.
http://www.unrealtexture.com/UT/Downloa ... ckages.zip
}PsT{ICU
Novice

Post by }PsT{ICU »

Ya thanks for the input I tried again to install the enhanced textures but still had the sliding players. What was found was if a map was designed on a computer using the enhanced textures you get the sliding players, if the map was designed using the basic game the players looked normal. Thanks again for you input.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

}PsT{ICU wrote:Ya thanks for the input I tried again to install the enhanced textures but still had the sliding players. What was found was if a map was designed on a computer using the enhanced textures you get the sliding players, if the map was designed using the basic game the players looked normal. Thanks again for you input.
I have the enhanced textures installed and it works OK on all models except for the Blade model I got at Skincity. On server and off. Now why would that be?
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
}PsT{ICU
Novice

Post by }PsT{ICU »

Well im not sure all I was saying is what I found out. I guess I will wait for a patch or something