TODAY is the day...

Discussions about UT99
Raynor
Adept

TODAY is the day...

Post by Raynor »

...when Unreal Tournament launched ten years ago. Happy birthday and much love! :highfive:
Best.shooter.ever.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Re: TODAY is the day...

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Best gaming Christmas present we ever got! Thanks Epic, and Happy Anniversary.... :D

Best FPS ever!
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"
SkaarjMaster
Novice

Post by SkaarjMaster »

Best entertainment I've had these past 10 years!:) I played the demo for a few months and then finally the full game in June 2000. Why it took me so long, I'm not really sure.
awergh
Novice

Post by awergh »

Yeah happy birthday/aniversary UT best FPS ever,
hmm should go back to playing some more UT, im sure thats the best way to honour or something
brdempsey69
Average
Personal rank: Ex Marine

Post by brdempsey69 »

Happy 10th birthday original UT. You are still the best.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Best multiplayer game on any given platform. I've seen very few games that have challenged it and I've been a gamer pretty much my whole life.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

The first contact I had with this game was in the electronic school (on the 2nd year), and I started to play with my friends there, mostly in the breaks between classes (since our teacher allowed us, but only during that time of course :tongue: ).
We even did a little championship (DM ladder with some map and a CTF one with just CTF-Face :mrgreen: ).

On the 3rd year the network admin "banned" the game from the computers since it was taking way too much bandwith in the internal network everytime it was played, but since the last 3/4 months of that year were spent in a computer lab with admin priviledges and an independent network, we played once again UT (this time I bringed a copy myself).

After those times I started to edit a few maps, and made a Lavagiant 2 and a Kosov 2 as well, but they were really crappy as you might imagine and I think I don't have those maps anymore LOL

Then I started to develop in the begginning of the last year some maps from scratch, and also I started to look into the UScript code and do my own stuff. Crappy stuff as well :lol2:
In that same year I got my first Internet connection ever at home, and so I started only then playing online as well.

Today I just hoped I could start playing and developing stuff for it sooner, since I knew this game a bit late and started to do some stuff even later, and now although I am a bit better relative to the old days, UT is not half active relative to what it was when I knew it.

But truth is that people come and go, but there are always plenty of people today still playing it and developing for it (be it maps, mods, server tools, TCs, SPs, etc), which is really good :mrgreen:

And still today I see several popular mods being played a lot, like SLV, RX, MH, custom weapons at CTF, etc.

Happy 10th birthday Unreal Tournament :tu:
Myth
Inhuman
Personal rank: Low Poly Freak

Post by Myth »

10 awesome years have passed, not many games live a decade...
I'm looking forward to the next 10 awesome years.
Happy 10th birthday Unreal Tournament.
note:cake not made by me, cheap copy&pasta from google
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

First contact I had with UT? In 2006, when a guy at school hacked the school computer network and installed UT on every computer in the computer lab. Eventually, the teachers just gave up, and the second half of each computing period became mindless blood-filled chaos. We only had stock maps and mutators, but LAN PWNZ! My favourites back then were The Last Command (CTF-Command) Unmutated, Hall of Giants (CTF-HallOfGiants) with Low Gravity and Jump Match, and Orions Barricade (DM-Barricade) with Low G and Jump Match, or Facing Worlds II (CTF-Face][) with Jump Match and Low G. Redeemer maps FTW!!!! Command was only my favourite because everyone played it so I learned it real fast and pwned. I played as a Yellow War Mech with the matrix face, named Zac_Sic... Lol, I remember it like it was yesterday!!!
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]