Game Concepts

Discussions about UT99
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Game Concepts

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:Put simple, why do you like / dislike certain concepts like Double Jumping, Walljumping, HammerJumping,Telefragging etc No XXX Sucks posts please.

Personally I like Double Jumping and Walljumping, however now I have tried it in UT3 it sucks, the double jump is now pointless and the wall jump is therefore pointless.

However I would still like to see some Double Jump BT maps or some Walljump BT maps, they could be rather ingenious and therefore no longer for sissies. :ironic: :loool:
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Re: Game Concepts

Post by Dare »

I like instagib. I like it because you only get one chance to kill your opponent and if you don't they will kill you unless you are good at dodging or they are a crap shot. Also you need a good aim and good reflexes if not your opponent might kill you before. You need to have stealth and just one little mistake could end the game for you. :tu:
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

I think it would be cool to see a mod that replaces the impact hammer with a sword that has this:

Primary attack
-------------------------------
Slashes repeatedly (provided you can keep clicking the mouse button) at an attack and damage rate similar to the chainsaw's primary attack mode. You can also rip somebody's head off with it if you aim for the neck.

Secondary attack
------------------------------
Cocks the sword back for a hard hit (similar to the impact hammer's primary attack) that does two thirds the damage of an impact hammer primary hit. You can also use it just like an impact hammer to achieve high jumps (minus the damage done to your self).

NOTES: Add an option to game that enables you to wield this melee weapon left or right handed (allow people to position the sword differently than their ranged weapons, impact hammer, and chainsaw).
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:
Lee_Stricklin wrote:I think it would be cool to see a mod that replaces the impact hammer with a sword that has this:

Primary attack
Slashes repeatedly (provided you can keep clicking the mouse button) at an attack and damage rate similar to the chainsaw's primary attack mode. You can also rip somebody's head off with it if you aim for the neck.

Secondary attack
Cocks the sword back for a hard hit (similar to the impact hammer's primary attack) that does two thirds the damage of an impact hammer primary hit. You can also use it just like an impact hammer to achieve high jumps (minus the damage done to your self).

NOTES: Add an option to game that enables you to wield this melee weapon left or right handed (allow people to position the sword differently than their ranged weapons, impact hammer, and chainsaw).
See the Bastard Sword in the Chaos UT gamemodifier. It was included with GOTY.
Wikipedia wrote: ChaosUT: A weapon mod based on destructive, chaotic weapons such as gravity vortexes and flamethrowers. One of the most famous ChaosUT weapons is the Proxy Mines which are mines, shaped like a ball with a smiley face on it, which jump all over the map targeting enemy players and detonating themselves.
It also includes weapons like the;

Crossbow - http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_scre ... poison.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/re ... 5%26sa%3DN
Ironically on that gamespot blog, LT Unreal had the last post :loool:

Sorry about the long link it wont shorten - too many linkbreaker characters.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
Dare
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 God

Post by Dare »

There is a lightsaber which does the first thing you want for the sword i think.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

-K¡ngS- wrote:
Lee_Stricklin wrote:I think it would be cool to see a mod that replaces the impact hammer with a sword that has this:

Primary attack

Secondary attack

See the Bastard Sword in the Chaos UT gamemodifier. It was included with GOTY.
Wikipedia wrote: ChaosUT: A weapon mod based on destructive, chaotic weapons such as gravity vortexes and flamethrowers. One of the most famous ChaosUT weapons is the Proxy Mines which are mines, shaped like a ball with a smiley face on it, which jump all over the map targeting enemy players and detonating themselves.
It also includes weapons like the;

Crossbow - http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_scre ... poison.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/re ... 5%26sa%3DN
Ironically on that gamespot blog, LT Unreal had the last post :loool:

Sorry about the long link it wont shorten - too many linkbreaker characters.
I meant a sword that acts like a chainsaw and an impact hammer.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Gameconcepts... i think the hole Unrealengine is perfect. :P

But i like dodging, bouncing and sliding the most. Fun pure, especially in BT-Maps.
Sergeant Todd
Adept
Personal rank: Retired Jedi

Post by Sergeant Todd »

Hey -KingS-

I use lowgrav so much I can't remember the last time I double-jumped. I like dodging alot...keeps me alive...laterz
Sergeant Todd
---------------

"I miss Olmos & BG, as a matter of frak'd!"