Question of pros players

Discussions about UT99
.reaven-
Average
Personal rank: godlike

Question of pros players

Post by .reaven- »

Its true that the pros players use sens too high or too low ? i dont know what sens i should use because i want to be use very good sniper i should change.
I have seen to many videos of good layers but i dont know if they use high or low sens or what they do, to have that perfect aim :mrgreen:
MouseX=Axis aMouseX Speed=
MouseY=Axis aMouseY Speed=

or how i could train and the sens pls tell me :loool:
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Re: Question of pros players

Post by rohitggarg »

Hey reaven!!.. I think i know the solution. For training you can try and shoot a guided deemer wid sniper. Just see that you are able to aim at it with ease. You also need to figure out the complete screen shift when you move the mouse accordingly. Both should be balanced. I mean it should not be the case that your hand gets stuck or looses mouse pad while you think that the screen should have shifted a little more and vice versa (so called cm/360 deg). Some figures are 8/360 deg, 5.5/360 deg..

Hope that helps!
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
.reaven-
Average

Post by .reaven- »

:gj: ty Short Bullet but i dont understand that of cm/360 deg i have made a post like 3 weaks before of that but nobody answer that question :mrgreen:

Thats my quesitons in da post

"""Could some one tell me what Fov i should use i have 1440x900 resolution i use sometimes 80, 90, 100
and what means that --------> 8cm/360
Because this person post that:
Zulg( beated Fatality) second on ESWC, has 8cm/360 - high sens.
Lotus, Lauke - both one of the strongest players in the world atm, have kinda 22cm/360 IIRC -a fairly moderate sens. So looks like it doesnt really matter. The size of the mousepad defines the E-leetness :D

AND I DONT UNDERSTAND 22cm/360 this what mean ????"""

:mrgreen: Explain me this menas 22cm=
and this opther 360 :wink:
Pls i am really noob u-u

And u mean that this allways need to have the same numbers right ? :tu:
MouseX=Axis aMouseX Speed=5
MouseY=Axis aMouseY Speed=5

And if i use like this i will have problems right ? :barf:
MouseX=Axis aMouseX Speed=5
MouseY=Axis aMouseY Speed=2.5

And finally XD wassup with the sens its better low or high sens to have a better aim :loool:
n][c][o
Average
Personal rank: New generation

Post by n][c][o »

Well, I'm not a pro player at all, but I have a couple of years of experience, so I can say some of my opinions:

What you MUST:
  • You must set the mouse sensitivity as an enough high number to be able to look around. :)
    My test is, that you must be able to do one continuous move of the mouse which makes you turn in the game for 180 degrees (to look behind yourself). Actually, you don't need to turn more - I will return to it later.
  • But you must set the mouse sensitivity as an enough low number to be able to hit with the sniper rifle a non-moving target in an arbitrary distance. Without zooming and you should do it with ease.
Now these are in my opinion two basic boundaries of successfull sniping (or generally aiming).
Now my opinion is, that - You don't need higher mouse sensitivity, than the value, which allows you to look behind comfortably (as I noticed before). If you had the higher value, you would lost the precision of course. But what would you gain? The possibility to do 720 degrees with one move? To be able to turn around like a carousel? :D Thats useless imo.
Thats one point for "The lowest sensitivity".
Next one - You will agree, that the lower sensitivity is, the more comfortably you can hit the long range targets. Thats the second point for "The lowest sensitivity".

I personally have also almost the lowest boundary of mouse sensitivity and I heard, that many pro players have it the same.
Well, i need to notice, that I spent quite a lot of time to set it to the best value for me. But if you do it and you take some time go get used to it, you will feel, like the cursor in the game is just the continuing of your hand. ;)

What I could recommend for testing - first, go, walk alone in the map and just look around, if you're able to see everywhere comfortably. Next one, take a pack of Novice bots, sniper arena and some large enough map - Deck-16][ for example and try, if you are really able to hit the non-moving targets comfortably.

These are some of my opinions.. Hope that help. :mrgreen:
(huh, now I recognized, that my english sux. :ironic: )
nicio
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Topic moved.
"Suggestion, Criticism, Questions" refers to the site itself.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
.reaven-
Average

Post by .reaven- »

u_u sry creavion i think questions of all :/ i always post in the wrong place thinking is the right is not to make anibody gets angry :ironic2:

Thx :gj: n][c][o but you dont change anithing to this: :rock:
MouseX=Axis aMouseX Speed=
MouseY=Axis aMouseY Speed=
:satan:
and how many sens you use because i say that a low but exactly how many :omfg:
:loool:
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

No problem, it was just to inform you for the next time.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
n][c][o
Average
Personal rank: New generation

Post by n][c][o »

.reaven- wrote:how many sens you use
lol :mrgreen:
Umm, it's not that easy as you may think. There is no "1.85 = value FTW!" :)
Everyone uses a bit different sensitivity, because..
Just because! :D Same as everyone uses a bit different underpants! :ironic: :mrgreen:
Seriously, take the advices posted here and go find the value that suits YOU the most. :wink:

PS.: And at the end - the sensitivity also depends on the mouse.
I had sens. around 6 and now I have 1.2. Same sensitivity, but different mouses.
nicio
.reaven-
Average

Post by .reaven- »

Roger and what menas this --------> 8cm/360 means :mrgreen:
8.0 sens ? and a turn of 360° ?

i take the advices posted here but i have the dude is better to use low sens that gives you better precision or fast but accuracy is lost to sniper asmd etc and looks great on it is better to lower sens poara head can do a shoot in the air "I think" :???:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:For info UT99 ini players (i play with a base edo ini's

http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... 20players/
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

Ok.. Dude reaven...

There is something that you still are not able to understand i guess... There are two things here that are linked. One is the resolution of your screen and other one is the sensitivity of your mouse. I have a samsung mouse which has a sensitivity of around 800 dpi (dots per inch). Now that sensitivity means that you will have 800 points on the mouse pad per square inch. In order to aim accurately, you should map those points to each pixel on your screen. Means there shouldn't be any pixels that can't be mapped to a corresponding dot on the mouse pad. That is the best sensitivity. If you think that you mouse is way ahead of the world technology, means something like 4k dpi, then you can choose to set any damn sensitivity because no matter what, you will surely be able to go to each and every pixel on your screen by moving the mouse by very little distance. As far as the X cm/360deg is concerned, its just a value which says that you will have to move your mouse by X cm (centimeter) for a whole 360 deg shift on the screen.

Summarized, your hand can adjust itself to the sensitivity that you play at but the only thing is that it shouldn't be impossible to go to a pixel because of the hardware limitation. Also, higher sensitivity or lower X value is always better.

Hope that is clear enough!!
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

rohitggarg wrote: Hope that is clear enough!!
For me it is.... :mrgreen: