Who is the best current UT player?

Discussions about UT99
fullonshred
Average

Re: Who is the best current UT player?

Post by fullonshred »

Best DM guy I ever saw play that I KNOW wasn't cheating was "No One Special" aka "Face Full of That!". I'm not sure if he still plays or not, or what name he uses now if he still plays. I think he retired the NOS name a while back. Used to be a member of Los Payosos Clan, but only joined them after he was already one of the best players around. Guy is the eldest son of my best friend, and I sat beside him and watched him do stuff that I wouldn't have believed was possible without cheating if I hadn't been sitting right there watching him play. He played many high level servers and was always winning or near the top in almost every game. I saw this kid win across many, many different maps and servers -- Reg or Low Grav, Stock or Custom Maps, Giant or Reg maps, Trans or No Trans. He used to play a server in NY that lots of the top players frequented and he always did well there too.

I have never seen anyone move faster or more purposefully than this young man. He was always thinking 5 moves ahead while moving/fighting at warp speed. And he could stretch 5% health further than any player I have ever seen, and could effectively fight 3-4 players at the same time in a running battle. He would learn maps very, very fast, and was the smartest and most strategic player I ever saw. He was pure death with all weapons, but his use of ShockCore and especially Combo fire was unequaled. I was a decent Dm guy 4-5 years ago, but he would beat me to death! I miss watching him play.
Hook
Inhuman
Personal rank: UT99 Promoter/Admin

Post by Hook »

MEAT wrote:The "best of the best" are the best at what they do.....period.
But at the same time there are variables....game type/style/map...etc
Currently I am the best at "Redeemer" severs.
Anyone up for a "one on one challenge" come visit....and come die.
MEAT (above) probably is the best that I know of in Redeemer Arena. :gj:
But, I did beat him 4 times that I recall in the past 6 months. :agree1:
These wins were in maps that he did not know and had never played before though. :P
Also, I believe, that they were all played in my server (see my sig) and CMM doesn't allow the Translocator that MEAT uses quite a bit.
Once he knows the map, he is very tough to beat - especially if the translocator is allowed.
=Hook=(Member# 626)
HUTP Active Forums: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/forum
HUTP UT99 Community Portal: https://hooksutplace.freeforums.net/
OR: https://hermskii.com/hook/ut99_hutp/
UT99 Server -> CROSSBONES Missile Madness {CMM}

* Newest Versions of: PRO-Redeemers | PRO-SNIPER-Redeemers | PRO-SEEKER-Redeemers <-(the Original)
and Now with FOOD FIGHT and Frying Pan arena !!!
IP: 68.232.181.236:7777 <-(NEW IP to come)
UT99 MH Server -> {CMH} CROSSBONES Monster Hunt (MH) by Mars007 (The Original) - IP: 108.61.238.93:7777
bombenpaule
Experienced
Personal rank: UT fanatic

Post by bombenpaule »

I am best, If U wanna know it.... visit an follow me!

Handycap: Real original std.-UT-Maps!!!!!!

*gg*
maybe I am not the best, but.... who knows and wann know it?
contact me and kill me!
connect community IRC-Channel here: http://www.tribute2ut.de.vu

Sorry 4 my bad english! I´m a german UT99 fanatic!

....--Never eat the yellow snow!--....

Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I am the best player :tongue:

Just kidding: I am average at DM, CTF and IG. But I can kick some asses in SLV and in RX if I am in a good mood, otherwise I get my own kicked LOL :lol:
In Funnel servers I get fragged too much in DM, and hardly I can get the 1st position (but I already could), most times I am between the 2nd and 8th position at the end of the match LOL
But I play better in Funnel CTF, I am better to cap and attack other than really fragging.
Still I can say in zark sniper I can get many wins if the maps are little, like 1on1 maps. I don't like camping maps, it's too slow and I loose frequently before I can get any frag LOL

I really would like some of this forum members to show up in one of the servers I go, it would be fun to play with them rather than only see them active here or in the mapping :mrgreen:
Sorus
Novice
Personal rank: caustic overtones

Post by Sorus »

I only played WFUT, and in that community I was one of best Demoman right there with Altanic. HolyForce was a great spy, Digital was an excellent Cyborg. Ghost, WackMF, Neutralis, they were awesome Marines. Gehenna and Lorsen were the best Gunners, easily (and it appears that it's a Weapons Factory tradition that the best gunners are female).
someoneelse
Novice

Post by someoneelse »

As some have already mentioned, http://clanbase.ggl.com is where you will find them. It's the only proper league left in Europe.
Don't know what the American equivalent is, if there is any.
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

someoneelse wrote:As some have already mentioned, http://clanbase.ggl.com is where you will find them. It's the only proper league left in Europe.
No, here isn't, as far as I know. The people here idolize mind-desintegrator-nonsense-games like Counter-Strike and others...Well, at least here (in Brazil), all the tries to create something like that were big fails. :ironic2:

Clan Base really rocks, although I've never participated on any league there.
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

Slave wrote:
someoneelse wrote:As some have already mentioned, http://clanbase.ggl.com is where you will find them. It's the only proper league left in Europe.
No, here isn't, as far as I know. The people here idolize mind-desintegrator-nonsense-games like Counter-Strike and others...Well, at least here (in Brazil), all the tries to create something like that were big fails. :ironic2:

Clan Base really rocks, although I've never participated on any league there.
Hehehe I tend to load Counter Strike up whenever I want to feel like a bad-ass. Usually after I get owned in the much better knock off Urban Terror. lol
rohitggarg
Adept
Personal rank: The name is Bu||et

Post by rohitggarg »

Hehe....

I have only one (as i think.. or maybe two but not more than that :roll: ) speciality that i can snipe even at 350 pings and that too without a zeroping. Yea i play a lot of insta and keep on practicing to play better and better. I am tough to beat at insta now. If you waana catch me, I am mostly found at the US CTF-Face only server (IP:69.93.101.77).
:face:
Regards,
Rohit

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.............

My website : http://www.appointmentagent.com
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Best UT player in SIEGE/IG/SLV/Normal weapons - [DR]Crash. Period.
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
Dr.Jackal
Novice
Personal rank: Most Known Unknown

Post by Dr.Jackal »

Well of course me =D

lol jk maybe the 300th player in line to be the best

some of the sG people are really good, if you know headshot or ever heard of him I hear he was/is really good player.
Lee_Stricklin
Adept

Post by Lee_Stricklin »

I don't know what his skill level is now, but about 8 years ago one of my Urban Terror clan mates was big into UT99 and also dominated console FPS games (owned my ass in DC Quake III, M64 Goldeneye, and N64 Perfect Dark) too. The dude was insane, I remember watching him telefrag like mad as well as fight off like 3-5 players at a time on high skill level servers that were around when you actually check your stats for UT99. His tag is fubar, though I forgot what UT99 clan he is now.
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

I am the king of Botmatch sniping :P 75 kills in 5 minutes on CTF-Face][ (Although I've never again equalled this, no matter how hard I try :( )

Also, I am the best at Tactics UT :P
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I AM THE BEST ....in my own maps.
No wait ...sometimes wins this ass bot BigBadWolf. Aaaaaargh.
Ok I'm not the best ...my bot is. :(
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

If we're counting bots, War Godess is the best player. EVER.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]