Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
UTX
Skilled

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by UTX »

So I was working on my Starvation mutator and got to the part where I needed to turn player gibs into pickup items rather than carcass decorations. As I wanted to give full support to all standard models, I noticed that the Nali, Nali War Cow and Skaarj Hybrid models didn't have alien gibs, they actually spawn male human body parts, and that doesn't make sense at all. So I wrote up some of the code to make replacements and ended up with those models spawning the classic gibs, just as if you killed a pawn Nali, Cow or an old Skaarj. But it didn't stop there, I thought to myself why aliens have the same blood color as us humans and then, I made green blood and green gibs for aliens. There was some green blood if for whatever reason you played with low gore but that was not enough and also, it did not affect the gib skins to reflect the green blood. In the picture you can see the a dead Nali and a Skaarj Hybrid covered in their new green blood.
But wait, there's more. I made it customizable, which means you can choose if they will have green or red blood. And once that was done I decided to do the same for all standard models so now both female and male commando and soldiers can be set up to have green blood. The only one left is the Boss model.
I am going to finish that, patch some things up and then I will release it for you guys to use, from then I will update it to add black blood and make it compatible with the Nali Weapons Ultra Gore system so everything looks much better.
Attachments
Display.jpg
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But, NW3-ultragore has already green blood/gibs for aliens and black (silver) blood/gibs for robots.
You only have to change the ini or add new models or skins to it.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

No matter what version you use, from the old excessive MoreGore to the beautiful NW3-UltraGore, when it comes to gibbing bodies you always wind up with unexpected body parts at weird angles...

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

papercoffee wrote:But, NW3-ultragore has already green blood/gibs for aliens and black (silver) blood/gibs for robots.
You only have to change the ini or add new models or skins to it.
Yes, but this one is different. This was not made as a mutator, this is a modification to the models and how they carcasses, gibs and such things work out in the match. This is not made as another Ultra Gore system, it was not made to create more gore than there normally is, this is just to improve things a little and adding green blood to the classic models seen in the game without replacing things as NW3 Ultra Gore does.
Another thing is that I am working on a couple of extra things, on actual mutators, and this was needed to be done as I could not relay on Nw3 Ultra Gore for anything, and because I want players to be able to play with just what I provide, I don't want to make them download any extra stuff.
The black blood would be added just because NW3 has it and I don't want people to have problems when using both. I have tried and without the proper .ini configuration you will see people with two different blood colors. So I am going to add it as well so people can use both those models and the Ultra Gore mutator.
And honestly, I don't use Ultra Gore all the time.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I use it, but with a lowered gore level.
The shake effect when you hit someone with an head-shot or a rocket is just too good :mrgreen:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Ferali's gore mod will override any gib changes you will make so don't try to test them together.

This is more of a discussion for a different thread but making changes to the gibbing system can make the game feel very different. Be prepared for that. Yeah, the gib models are wrong here and there but it's what you've seen for many years. When you make changes to that I guarantee your mind will notice it immediately.

For me Ferali's mod is the be-all and end-all to the entire discussion of gibbing. With some minor ini edits you can fully control everything you are doing via mutator.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

I had to remove said gore mod from MH2 testing. Too many server crashes. :cry:

EDIT: On a side not the config ini is not set properly.

Code: Select all

class NWBloodyMess_UGSSE expands Mutator config(NWConfig);
When specificly this ini is in the download "NWUltraGoreSSE.ini"
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

Let me explain myself, this whole UTX project I have been working on is mostly things I personally want to see in Unreal Tournament. This is why some things may be just small changes, things that perhaps for others are not important or things that appear similar to other user content but that I decided to modify to adapt it to my needs. I just figured that others may enjoy it and that is the reason I am working a little extra into giving it some sense when used by other people.
One of the things I like about UT is that you can have in it whatever you want, and sometimes I do play with Nali Weapons and Ultra Gore but other times I do not, but I still want my green blooded aliens.

Edit:
Like this little thing I made that keeps decals and bodies in the match, now I can do my graffiti and Liandri can't do a damn thing about it.
Attachments
Screenie.jpg
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

EvilGrins wrote:RUN AWAY!
Man you remembered Doom's Lost Souls!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Computer's still in the "shop" so here's some shots I'm fairly certain I haven't posted here before:

InspecktahDeck
Average

Post by InspecktahDeck »

Last edited by InspecktahDeck on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Does the album have Lost Sould too? :ironic:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
InspecktahDeck
Average

Post by InspecktahDeck »

Last edited by InspecktahDeck on Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

NW2 (Nali Weapons 2) Ultima Protos remains my fave UT gun: