Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by EvilGrins »

There's a specific thread on this forum about this edit, as this map has been fully bot pathed and beautifully... but I can't find it at the moment.

However, I get no end of joy over 1 error that was never corrected and I'm cool with that.

There's a BSP-hole just left of the door, which is easy enough for players to avoid... but monsters keep getting stuck in it:

Kills them instantly, but the way they get stuck in it is just beautiful!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

EvilGrins wrote:An overwhelming appreciation of fun, I suspect.
Any definition of "fun" which doesn't match my own is obviously wrong. :P
You must construct additional pylons.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

EvilGrins wrote:There's a specific thread on this forum about this edit, as this map has been fully bot pathed and beautifully... but I can't find it at the moment.
What is the name of this map?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Barbie wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:There's a specific thread on this forum about this edit, as this map has been fully bot pathed and beautifully... but I can't find it at the moment.
MH-Skaarj-Tower - see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11942&hilit=skaarj+tower#p94160
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:
Barbie wrote:
MH-Skaarj-Tower - see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11942&hilit=skaarj+tower#p94160
There it is!
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

Was recently giving a test to UT3 weapons for 227. No custom projectiles or effects so far, just weapons coded.

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Looking good. How about a UT hud ported as well.
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

WIP shots of a noob ctf map i shall call Fluxing w00ts

naturally, this is based on a port of DM-Flux by Juan Pancho 'XceptOne' Eekels, that was ported over from the console versions of ut.
(to whoever ported over the console maps thank you!!!)

i took these screenshots before some major editing. now that i've added zone portals, the battle of the bsp errors has begun lol :roll: :cry:

one big issue i'm having is that since the map is so huge, weapon range is a problem, meaning sniper shots aren't making it all the way across the map like i'd like. this seems strange as it doesn't feel much longer than CTF-Face. perhaps i'm not doing something right or i have to do some coding to extend range or something? idk. i am a simple man and i do not own an engineering degree; nor do i own the idiot's guide to uscript.

anyway, it's surprisingly fun so far! I still need to fix a lot and add the rest of the inventory. thinking about making a floating platform over the center to hide a redeemer or super shock rifle, and placing w00t pads around to get up there, kinda quake 3 space ctf style. the two pillars on the sides of the center have an invisibility and udamage, and there's a shield belt in the middle among the walls. i also wanted to place some sniping spots inside of or on top of the huge towers but if the shots aren't going to make it across the map then idk what to do.

criticize my bs creation!

EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

darkbarrage99 wrote:WIP shots of a noob ctf map i shall call Fluxing w00ts
You know you don't need to type "shot" to take a screenshot.

Just hit F9. It's the default screenshot key.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

darkbarrage99 wrote:WIP shots of a noob ctf map i shall call Fluxing w00ts

naturally, this is based on a port of DM-Flux by Juan Pancho 'XceptOne' Eekels, that was ported over from the console versions of ut.
(to whoever ported over the console maps thank you!!!)

i took these screenshots before some major editing. now that i've added zone portals, the battle of the bsp errors has begun lol :roll: :cry:

one big issue i'm having is that since the map is so huge, weapon range is a problem, meaning sniper shots aren't making it all the way across the map like i'd like. this seems strange as it doesn't feel much longer than CTF-Face. perhaps i'm not doing something right or i have to do some coding to extend range or something? idk. i am a simple man and i do not own an engineering degree; nor do i own the idiot's guide to uscript.

anyway, it's surprisingly fun so far! I still need to fix a lot and add the rest of the inventory. thinking about making a floating platform over the center to hide a redeemer or super shock rifle, and placing w00t pads around to get up there, kinda quake 3 space ctf style. the two pillars on the sides of the center have an invisibility and udamage, and there's a shield belt in the middle among the walls. i also wanted to place some sniping spots inside of or on top of the huge towers but if the shots aren't going to make it across the map then idk what to do.

criticize my bs creation!

There are multiple versions of the dm flux map floating around, there was an initial remake by someone which wasn't that good, then an improved version and later I got the original map from an inside source, though some of those maps were beta, but I believe flux was identical to the release version.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

darkbarrage99 wrote:criticize my bs creation!
Well... I've got a deathmatch map that's practically identical to this, an oldie from around 2002 or thereabouts.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Very dark pictures but I like the idea. DM-Flux really was an interesting map so I'm looking forward to your map. :thuup:

Oh also, what are you using for the w00t pads? SwJumpPad.u is my go to custom file for that :)
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:Looking good. How about a UT hud ported as well.
Thanks. You mean the UT3 HUD?

EDIT-------
Here are few fixed screenshots from his dark screenshots:
Spoiler
Dsl1pec.jpg
n9h3f6G.jpg
NC0Q27t.jpg
NcjQX4g.jpg
oyBuG8t.jpg
Interesting looking map.
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

Spectra wrote:
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} wrote:Looking good. How about a UT hud ported as well.
Thanks. You mean the UT3 HUD?
I suppose since you are making UT3 weapons port maybe UT3 hud would be best suited.
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

EvilGrins wrote: You know you don't need to type "shot" to take a screenshot.
Just hit F9. It's the default screenshot key.
sometimes you just feel a bit too lazy to hold the fn button on your laptop.
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: There are multiple versions of the dm flux map floating around, there was an initial remake by someone which wasn't that good, then an improved version and later I got the original map from an inside source, though some of those maps were beta, but I believe flux was identical to the release version.
pretty sure the version i based this off of is the identical one. it was part of some "console map pack" somebody patched up and put together.
EvilGrins wrote: Well... I've got a deathmatch map that's practically identical to this, an oldie from around 2002 or thereabouts.
:lol2: yeah man this is based off of that map, and that map is a port of a 1v1 map from the console version of UT. i'm basically taking the port and mirroring it into a ctf map for fun.

I also did this with DM-Pressure and i'm also pretty happy with that one but i need to mess with it a little more and fix bot pathing. i've got the flags in the pressure chambers, and it's really satisfying being able to trap bots in there right after they take the flag. it's got a real quake 2 ctf kind of feel to it, i even added in some acoustic dampeners with 60 second charges. but thats for another post.
UnrealGGecko wrote:Very dark pictures but I like the idea. DM-Flux really was an interesting map so I'm looking forward to your map. :thuup:
Oh also, what are you using for the w00t pads? SwJumpPad.u is my go to custom file for that :)
Thanks! yeah i don't know why they're dark. and yep! that's the one! love those little w00t pads!
Spectra wrote: Here are few fixed screenshots from his dark screenshots:
Spoiler
Dsl1pec.jpg
n9h3f6G.jpg
NC0Q27t.jpg
NcjQX4g.jpg
oyBuG8t.jpg
Interesting looking map.
oh thanks man! i dont really have photo editing stuff on this computer so i appreciate that.