Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Creavion wrote:
Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Sorry Leo, for you the same ... please avoid double posts.
Sorry for that, but it was completely different topic, besides I didn't even realize it when posting the second post, I noticed the dragons too late and hit the reply, I think it doesn't matter anyways (imo) if the two replies are not really related to each other.
Well... you can do it on this way.

@about topic 1: Text

@about topic 2: Text

simple, isn`t it?
I still don't get what is the deal though. Double posting doesn't really matter until it is excessive, or like triple four posting, I usually tend to avoid the double posts though, but sometimes it seems like forums make too much of a big deal about it when it doesn't truly matter in the end, the same is with bumping old topic, even if it's relevant. Think about it rationally, does it matter in the end? Some forums even go as far as to tempban the users or really make a big deal about it.
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Crev and Leo(T.C.K.), get a room and talk this out (so i ment PM stuff)

And yes, Leo(T.C.K.) Double posting isnt allowed though. But paper already said that

@ Topic,

Now get back to the topic where it is made for
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Seems like my "enlightement" isn't enough for you guys (all I was saying was to rethink this on a rational way, instead i get messages if this is the way I wanna thank the staff, besides I said I avoid double posting so what is the deal? I made a mistake there and suddenly this happens, you guys are overreacting). Sorry but I just find this extremely hilarious, one double post and such upset and drama about it. Alright get back to the topic then. Seems like common sense isn't much widespread these days.

EDIT: Besides it still hasn't been explained why double posting is "not acceptable", any sound reason and I will hush. But so far I haven't heard any apart from "rules are rules". Right why is it the most important one I don't really get.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote:Seems like my "enlightement" isn't enough for you guys (all I was saying was to rethink this on a rational way, instead i get messages if this is the way I wanna thank the staff, besides I said I avoid double posting so what is the deal? I made a mistake there and suddenly this happens, you guys are overreacting). Sorry but I just find this extremely hilarious, one double post and such upset and drama about it. Alright get back to the topic then. Seems like common sense isn't much widespread these days.

EDIT: Besides it still hasn't been explained why double posting is "not acceptable", any sound reason and I will hush. But so far I haven't heard any apart from "rules are rules". Right why is it the most important one I don't really get.
I've been called on double posting before and I couldn't tell you the actual reason for it. What I will say is this, it's their forum. They run it so it's their rules.

You don't have to know the reason why.

*ahem*

I don't use them as much lately, but I still have the mechs Team Orbit put together years back.

What was especially cool about them was they had custom weapons built into the models and they explode when they're killed, which gives the player/bot points for anyone caught in the blast.
Last edited by EvilGrins on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

The giant size maps in ut2004 have the ut99 ones beat on so many levels!

There are 2 players in the lower left corner to give an idea of the scale.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: EDIT: Besides it still hasn't been explained why double posting is "not acceptable", any sound reason and I will hush. But so far I haven't heard any apart from "rules are rules". Right why is it the most important one I don't really get.
First at all it isn't the most important one ...it seems so because it is the rule who everyone brakes some day (even the staff) and so it is the most used advice/instruction.
And why we look at it very strict:
Imagine the following scenario ... we keep this rule lax. A new user join this forum and see how even the trusted user keep double post (it doesn't care for what reason) the new user copy this behaviour and do double post or triple post everywhere (other user abuse this situation to get higher post counts (why this could be attractive for some one, don't ask me)) other new member joins and see this mess in the forum. It is no big deal It would be only a little chaos ...but it would be a chaos.
That's the reason why we keep it strict ...no double post for everyone even trusted member and staff.

And now really BTT ...no further discussion about post behaviour this is a picture thread. :mrgreen:

@ Grins
Those Mechas could be use some rework ... where did you get the models/skins ?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Well that sounds fair enough, but everyone should figure out to not spam or exceed it anyways, there's no need to getting upset about it.

As for those mechs, Team Orbit? Or wait isn't it that vehicular mod, how was it called, ah yes NeoCairo, the model seems to be the same(except different skin) was it the team responsible for that? I hardly recall now. But I liked that mod.
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Hmmm maybe i should make a totally new walker thingy? Would be cool :P
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:@ Grins
Those Mechas could be use some rework ... where did you get the models/skins ?
Team Orbit released a total conversion for ut99 back around 2001 or close to. Much more Egyptian themed, an entirely new set of weapons (boomerang gun ruled) new skins for the default ut99 model types, and the mechs. It had everything and various gametypes.

I got rid of the bulk of it but I kept the mechs. I don't know of anywhere it can still be downloaded.

Put on bots, the mechs are beyond lethal. Especially as I tripped out their skills to scary levels. They're fun to play to but using actual ut99 weapons is nearly impossible, you're stuck with whatever weapons that particular mech has built in.

Team Orbit made a followup one, with more advanced mechs, but they did something to the AI that made them less lethal until someone attacked them. Otherwise they just kind watched you creepily. They also added vehicles, around 2003 I think, and battlesuits players could get inside and use.

Their current site is here:
http://www.teamorbit.net/

They're still working on projects for the various Unreal/UT games.

Additive:
http://teamorbit.beyondunreal.com/downloads/
You can grab Neo Cairo from there.

I should really check links before posting...

http://www.fileplanet.com/110804/110000 ... us-Mappack

Sorry.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

man, this is one interesting thread, lol!
(and i am referring to the screenshots :tu:

the start trek pic is awesome :rock:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Stewie has his eye on a new toy in the Police car-park, in the "GangOfFrontCity" map
http://my.opera.com/dr-flay/albums/show ... =140757782
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Dr.Flay wrote:Stewie has his eye on a new toy in the Police car-park, in the "GangOfFrontCity" map
http://my.opera.com/dr-flay/albums/show ... =140757782
I used to have a ZIM of the walking rig model.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

XMAS was scary this year...

Nephew9999
Adept

Post by Nephew9999 »

GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

No offence... but that is the most ugliest mario i've ever seen