Screenshots for fun

Discussions about UT99
User avatar
JimmyCognitti
Experienced
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by JimmyCognitti » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:00 am

Carbon wrote:A keen eye. CTF-Razor by Hook. Beautiful map.
Edit: That's a UT3 map, btw.
Thanks for the link, it's a very beautiful map indeed.

I'm pretty sure most of you already know these maps, but I recently discovered them, 100% awesomeness and beauty:
Image
Image
Image
Image

EDIT: Carbon, what's your "Post Processing" setting in UT3?
Image

User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Carbon » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:27 am

Nice shots Jimmy. I know the map, but can't recall the name...?

My UT3 settings are discussed here, further down on page one and through page 2. You can also see more before/after screenshots there as well.

If any necessary links don't work, let me know and I have also stopped using re-shade since that post. It slowed down the system too much for little benefit that .ini tweaks could manage alone. In-game, the setting is "Vivid", but with the Blossom mutator and the .ini changes, it looks colorful, but I wouldn't describe it as vivid. Blossom not only clears away the haze but also makes the bloom more reasonable and re-saturates the look without being over the top.

-MERGED-
Feralidragon wrote:Funny and sad how the whole game was Necris themed, and it really died quickly.
I see what you did there. :) Nice.

Edit by papercoffee

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9276
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by papercoffee » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:52 am

Dude, really?

User avatar
JimmyCognitti
Experienced
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by JimmyCognitti » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:10 am

Carbon wrote:Nice shots Jimmy. I know the map, but can't recall the name...?

My UT3 settings are discussed here, further down on page one and through page 2. You can also see more before/after screenshots there as well.

If any necessary links don't work, let me know and I have also stopped using re-shade since that post. It slowed down the system too much for little benefit that .ini tweaks could manage alone. In-game, the setting is "Vivid", but with the Blossom mutator and the .ini changes, it looks colorful, but I wouldn't describe it as vivid. Blossom not only clears away the haze but also makes the bloom more reasonable and re-saturates the look without being over the top.
It's a fact, "intense" Post Processing setting is pure evil :lol2: Thanks for the info, it's quite useful :tu:
BTW, those UT99 maps are: CTF-Mysis & DM-EmberTemple (a couple of beauties).
Image

User avatar
Feralidragon
Godlike
Posts: 5086
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm
Personal rank: Work In Progress
Location: Liandri

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Feralidragon » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:04 am

CTF-Mysis is an old map of mine. :)
I'm glad someone is enjoying it, thanks. :mrgreen:

The other, DM-EmberTemple, I have never seen it, but it looks very interesting.
I may check it out later on.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:14 am

Feralidragon wrote:CTF-Mysis is an old map of mine. :)
I'm glad someone is enjoying it, thanks. :mrgreen:
I made a UTDMT edit of it, the version with the extra redeemers.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Carbon » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:40 am

papercoffee wrote:Dude, really?
Nope...fake news, didn't happen. :oops:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Hellkeeper
Masterful
Posts: 709
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:32 pm
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Hellkeeper » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:45 pm

Carbon wrote:History has been kind to the game in a sense. Today, it's a beauty and with the right mods, it retains the great core game play but with all off the vaseline cleaned from the lens. There are a huge number of great maps for the game around, with new ones still being made but people like Moloch and Skaa3z.
I think what turned many people away from UT3 was that it had to be fixed by the players while UT and UT2kx only had to be expanded. It became a great game when the community managed to sort it out, but it suffered at launch.
I understand you're tired of hearing the same complaints, but I think all fans of the series (UT99 fans apart, maybe) had to endure complaints about their favourite specimen. UT2kx also came under fire, although I feel like negative views have become more vocal with time.
You must construct additional pylons.

User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Carbon » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Hellkeeper wrote: I think what turned many people away from UT3 was that it had to be fixed by the players while UT and UT2kx only had to be expanded. It became a great game when the community managed to sort it out, but it suffered at launch.
I understand you're tired of hearing the same complaints, but I think all fans of the series (UT99 fans apart, maybe) had to endure complaints about their favourite specimen. UT2kx also came under fire, although I feel like negative views have become more vocal with time.
Sure, and I'm not telling anyone anything by saying that; just commenting, that's all. You may be right in a sense about the fans 'fixing' the game (though it implies something was broken), but I liked it from the start and while it wasn't a resounding success, it did receive quite good reviews from critics with the negatives being just that it doesn't really innovate. Most of the current retro-criticism is about graphics and art style which to me is missing the point of the game and that makes me re-assert that I found UT3 to be a much closer successor to UT than 2K3/4 from a gameplay point of view.

@Ferali: the screenshots show what UT3 is, not could have been. Just needs fresh eyes and an open mind, my friend.

Anyhoo, this is a Coke/Pepsi thing so back to the screenies. For fun. :rock:

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:51 am

Gotta say I'm amused, and very happy, that shortly after I announced I won't be posting screenshots for awhile a bunch of you have started posting more.

Very cool!
Carbon wrote:Image
Nice to see someone other than me using the Superman skin, though my use is for edits mainly:
Image
team colors
Show
Image
I've been toying with combining it with the War Machine skin to make a Superman robot.
Attachments
819966276.jpg
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
Carbon
Inhuman
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by Carbon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:29 am

Unfortunately Grins, my shots are far less fun than yours. You're UT is much more modded than mine and I tend to take shots for looks above action. I'm frankly stoked about how sweet UT looks at such a high resolution, so it's kind of reinvigorated me to revisit the game(s) a bit more. I've been hooked on Quake Champions lately! :oops:

But yeah, we have to pick up the pace if your going to hang back a bit! :)

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:18 am

Carbon wrote:But yeah, we have to pick up the pace if your going to hang back a bit!
Silverbacks only seem scary until you realize they have virtually no health at all.
Image
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:16 am

Still don't have access to my computer, but I'm getting bored so here's some of my randomness...

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

...did I say "some"? I meant a lot!

Should the worst come to pass and I don't get my system back, at least I had a good run.
Image
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
UTNerd24
Adept
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:06 am
Personal rank: Amateur

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by UTNerd24 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:57 pm

So my copy of UT officially carked it today. And now I'm slowly losing my rationality. With every second I feel like I'm becoming the second coming of Kaal979.

Anyway, here's one last dump.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image





Image
Damn that was fun.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Screenshots for fun

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:25 pm

UTNerd24 wrote:I feel like I'm becoming the second coming of Kaal979.
Whatever it is, it can't be that bad.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

Post Reply