Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
UTX
Skilled

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by UTX »

That's totally possible, UnrealGecko, I can whip it up today and post it later. Not so sure about firing speed though, I'll check a relic I got to see what I can do.
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

A grenade that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades that explodes into...
It's not a idea because is super easy to do! (Copy/Paste skills)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

FXANBSS wrote:A grenade that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades...
Somewhere in the screenshots for fun thread, somebody posted a pic of a redeemer that does that.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

My mod, if I could have someone tutor me on UnrealScript and specific engine items (at this point, mutators).

That being said, I'd love to see more engine ports like what was done with Donkey Kong Country in IdTech engine 1 (Doom). But that is more of a project than a small idea.
xSmT_kHn_Ks
<<| http://uncodex.ut-files.com/ |>>

Code reference for UGold, UT99, Unreal2, UT2k3, UT3
Additional Beyond Unreal Wiki Links
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Console_Bar
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Exec_commands#Load
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Exec_Directive#Loading_Other_Packages
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:Config_Vars_And_.Ini_Files
wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:INT_File
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Hey, I know GZDoom! I used to be in the Doomworld forums before being losered TWICE and coming here!

Also I would like a port of SWAT 4 to Unreal Engine 1, since this one don't overheat unlike the Revenge Engine used by Sierra.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Gustavo6046 wrote:Also I would like a port of SWAT 4 to Unreal Engine 1, since this one don't overheat unlike the Revenge Engine used by Sierra.
Do you know this?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/tacticalops-a ... /downloads
http://www.moddb.com/mods/infiltration- ... /downloads
http://www.moddb.com/mods/strike-force/downloads
http://www.moddb.com/mods/covert-forces ... ces-v1-raw
http://www.moddb.com/mods/combat-zone
'Zac
Experienced
Personal rank: Who knows.

Post by 'Zac »

Prop Hunt for UT, everyone can choose to be a like a barrel or what not and each prop is a gun you carry so you can easily spawn them, equip them, and switch them, and the third person view works just like a CTF flag would. only problem, is how tf do you do that.
Prophunt for UT99!!!
Github
ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

'Zac wrote:Prop Hunt for UT
This. But I would agree, how many maps do you know of that have enough props to even consider doing this on? You'd probably have to make a slew of custom maps for a playlist.

also more than 5 people in over 1000 servers ayyyyy

UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

EvilGrins wrote:
FXANBSS wrote:A grenade that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades that explodes into more grenades...
Somewhere in the screenshots for fun thread, somebody posted a pic of a redeemer that does that.

The LAG grenade, huh?
The Cluster Redeemer, there were different ones, some spawned rockets, other grenades, I saw one with bio gel blobs as well, though those grenades didn't spawn more grenades, it just spawned a lot of them.

And sorry UnrealGecko, I couldn't get my hands on my computer today but I promise I will make this as soon as possible.
ANUBITEK
Adept

Post by ANUBITEK »

If you want a genuine idea, if you can model I'd like to see a double barrel shotgun replace the Enforcer. It would also be great if it could cause knockback like the Force-A-Nature from TF2, so the player could in theory perform Force Jumps (run forward, aim at a 45 degree angle toward the ground, jump-n-shoot, launch high into the sky like a Impact Jump). I actually did a sound mod for TF2 that replaced the stock FaN shotgun sounds with the Flak Cannon sounds, but it also broke another Scout gun's sound so not the best idea there.

JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

We did all this with the salad shooter. Rip the code out and make it into a shotgun, it would be super easy.
UTX wrote: And sorry UnrealGecko, I couldn't get my hands on my computer today but I promise I will make this as soon as possible.
If you do be sure to add something that the server admin can limit. I played around with this idea like every coder does and two things jumped out pretty quick:
1) Limit iteration cycles because it can run away on you very fast. A single grenade that spawns 10 will make 100 with only one more cycle. That's too much.
2) Give some sleep time for the spawns. The grenades need to move around a bit to make space. If you try to spawn too many too fast you'll get failures because of collision hash encroachment.
oh and let me add
3) Add code to make the grenades sleep a bit after spawning. If you don't they will trigger each other. Here's the code I used in FF....

Code: Select all

var() bool CanHitInstigator;
var() float HitInstigatorTimeOut;

simulated function ProcessTouch(actor Other, vector HitLocation)
{
	if ((!CanHitInstigator || (CanHitInstigator && (Default.LifeSpan - LifeSpan) < HitInstigatorTimeOut)) && Other == Instigator)
		return;

defaultproperties
{
	HitInstigatorTimeOut=0.500000
	CanHitInstigator=True
This simple check looks to see if the projectile has lived long enough to allow it to do the touch. I have this set to half a second and it's pretty good for most uses. It will stop grenades from going off if you are running forward really fast and fire forward, stuff like that. A half second lets the projectile get moving and get away. It will also prevent a clump of grenades from detonating each other ;)
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

UTX wrote: And sorry UnrealGecko, I couldn't get my hands on my computer today but I promise I will make this as soon as possible.
Hey, no rush man. Thanks a lot for doing this :tu:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UnrealGecko wrote: Basically the less health you have the faster/slower (I'd like to have both for variation) you become.
Still not quite sure if the fire-rate could be adjusted along with the running speed, but it would be really nice ;)
I have no idea of the ease with which hit location can be determined but what about
1 Hits in the arms/hands reduce fire-rate

2 Hits anywhere in the body reduce/increase running speed
(see the PlayerSpeedMutator - quoting from the readme "The properties you can alter are the groundspeed, waterspeed, accelrate and jumpz.
- Groundspeed is the speed that the player walk.
- Waterspeed controls the swimmingspeed of a player.
- Accelrate is the accelerationspeed which is the time it takes to reach groundspeed.
- JumpZ is the vertical acceleration of a player when he/she jumps."
Don't know if/how well it works as have not used it yet

3 After the initial hit damage, hits in the upper or lower torso continue to drain health at a reduced rate for a specific period of time

4 Add in something like the Bleeder mutator - from the mutator readme "This mutator makes players bleed from where they are hit. The blood will spurt depending on the amount of damage done. While most common hits will leave you bleeding for only a short time, good hits will leave you spurting blood permanently until someone kills you, making you easier to pick out and track."
Or use in conjunction with Mr Loathsome's BloodyMess mutator which is better than the Bleeder.
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

No Jack, I meant the Speed - Health thing UnrealGecko mentioned, not the LAG grenade, I don't want to make that at all.

And here it is: The Speed To Health Ratio Mutator, first edition.
Attachments
UTX.rar
(2.92 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Will give that a try later.

Note though that files with the same names (UTX.u, _UTX.ini and _UTX.int) already exist - in your project The Unreal Tournament X

EDIT
Works fine ingame and adds some more interest to game play - just to note that the mutator preferences don't show up in the Mod Menu