Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by JackGriffin »

You've obviously never had one chase you....it's um...intense.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

UTX wrote:I could have a Redeemer edition and a Rocket Launcher edition, it seems a little overkill to have a seeking Redeemer missile.
Redeemer like that would be cool, and you can always turn around and try to shoot it.

I'm familiar with the Rocket Launcher version; mutator called Smart Rockets. They last 3 times as long as normal rockets, and they will chase you endlessly. If you're killed by someone else they lock onto where you respawn into the game and start chasing you again.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

But those were smart rockets, not chainsaws. But nice one, I will check those smart rockets to make things intense, for Jack. And yes, you can try shooting it, but that won't always do the trick, I will make armed warheads that blow up even when shot down.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So idea is to have stuff for 0 skill player, rockets tracking target by themselves because player cannot use mouse to aim properly?
We have some stuff already as I know so far, even in multiple forms. Do we need new copies?
To nominate "MissileGun01 to 0x", SeekerRedeemer or such, whatever EXU stuff (here is better balanced somehow), and so on ( I did not check all collection ).
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

The idea is to make things fun, and you don't have to play with it.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

This is an old video and the code was greatly refined. You are welcome to use it if you want.
FM4q__GH05o
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Make a standalone demo support. Must have directory linking to v436 and in advance, v451(b too?) for multiple patch demo support if needed.

The purpose of this program is to play any demo without UT and an easy demo replay/converting. Only thing is, to provide needed file... without starting UT and playing demo from there. The .ini would suppose you to add a link to your UT directory, save video file directory, and demo directory.
The addition should include demo forwarding/backward without crashes, timeline for you to be able to click when you need to get to it sooner. Additional UI for other things, behindview 0 and 1, change FOV, how fast or slow, etc. and the extra limited edition here of this feature is to add in a support to be able to record the demo with some codec, to convert into a video (Avi, MP4, sounds or without, etc.) and another UI to upload to featured website such as Youtube or save it in your drive and upload it somewhere else.

I'm assuming this program would be made in C++. So this is one of the idea I had in mind... now if I can think of any other.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Much as I don't like BunnyTrack maps, I'd love to edit one where all weapons are replaced with the BunnyBomber.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Something that I can admin login and get what is file missing for a map on the server, other than reading server log to make thing goes faster even when I don't have access to server log.

Something that can be done for this would be great.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Chamberly wrote:Something that I can admin login and get what is file missing for a map on the server, other than reading server log
For this purpose (and not only this) I have the same UT installation in a virtual machine (VM) as online. With the VM installation I can test new code, new maps, connection with a fresh client to see if everything works proper. If it does, I start a reverse FTP sync program to mirror my VM to the "real" server (except some installation related files like INIs or caches). An advantage beside is: if your provider has a data disaster, you have an almost complete mirror at home.
Its easy: take VirtualBox and install your preferred OS (Linux or Windows) there.

EDIT: spell fix
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Barbie wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Something that I can admin login and get what is file missing for a map on the server, other than reading server log
For this purpose (and not only this) I have the same UT installation in a virtual machine (VM) as online. With the VM installation I can test new code, new maps, connection with a fresh client to see if everything works proper. If it does, I start a reverse FTP sync program to mirror my VM to the "real" server (except some installation related files like INIs or caches). An advantage beside is: if your provider has a data disaster, you have an almost complete mirror at home.
Its easy: take VirtualBox and install your preferred OS (Linux or Windows) there.

EDIT: spell fix
Well maybe I should've mentioned I can't have access to the server at all via ftp. I'm only doing this to help other. Get it?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:So idea is to have stuff for 0 skill player, rockets tracking target by themselves because player cannot use mouse to aim properly?
Hey, when you've got like 50 of those Smart Rockets chasing you... it takes skill to shoot at them while running backwards!
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

Some ways to make searching for such actor easier in Unrealed. Keywords, and including the script.
Script compare from original to changed, myleved to original compiled ones, etc. Spotting the difference would be easier to spot any cheat embedded in the map.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Chamberly wrote:Some ways to make searching for such actor easier in Unrealed.
At least I can give a hint here the way I search for several things (like "hidden" events in Dispatchers): I export the map to T3D and then use a text editor to find desired properties.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Who wanna me convert the Doom II Super Shotgun to UT? I mean, only with modelling Blender files, with the skin.
Alt-fire could be firing one barrel at once, and when both are used reload, instead of all at once.
After all, if I can convert NW3 to Doom, why not vice versa? :D

I'm already moddeling! :tongue:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction