Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by OjitroC »

I think that may have already been done - there is a SuperShotGun & SPAS ShotGun v0.1 by Zardoz (Dweapons.u which contains DooM SPAS ShotGun, DooM Doubled Barreled ShotGun and DooM Plasma Gun). The Plasma Gun is cool, not so keen on the shotguns and there are better ones in the Infiltration and Counter Strike weapons mods.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote:I think that may have already been done - there is a SuperShotGun & SPAS ShotGun v0.1 by Zardoz (Dweapons.u which contains DooM SPAS ShotGun, DooM Doubled Barreled ShotGun and DooM Plasma Gun).
There's a doom weapons .u file in the download here · http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/65673.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote:Ok we did see already in this forum a crossbow+sword combo ...but what about a grapple-hook+chainsaw combo?
It can be the same weapon.

The Cable Gun:
primary fire shoots the grapple-hook ...if you jump the GH pulls you towards its target. Walls, meshes, opponents or team-mates. if you could hit a player in midair will he be pulled towards you. Another click on the left mouse button cancels the hook but gained momentum will be carried out. This means, if you cancel midair the hook, you'll still flying a little bit further toward the former destination but you will drop down ...if you shoot again in another direction are you pulled towards your new target. Same happens if you pull an opponent towards you and cancel the hook will he fly and drop down ...you can use it to smash opponents against walls or drawn them into lava.
The alternate fire activates the chainsaw or buzzsaw and kills an opponent instantly.

Imagine how you hook up an opponent and jump towards him to gib him with a buzzing sound.

This weapon is very complicated to master but also very satisfying when it hit. And you can use it to navigate through a map like Spiderman. :mrgreen:

What do you think?

I made similar concept once for UT4 but no one seemed to like it.
Sooo ...even here is no one interested to create this awesome weapon? :ironic:
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

papercoffee wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Ok we did see already in this forum a crossbow+sword combo ...but what about a grapple-hook+chainsaw combo?

The Cable Gun:
primary fire shoots the grapple-hook ...if you jump the GH pulls you towards its target. Walls, meshes, opponents or team-mates. if you could hit a player in midair will he be pulled towards you. Another click on the left mouse button cancels the hook but gained momentum will be carried out. This means, if you cancel midair the hook, you'll still flying a little bit further toward the former destination but you will drop down ...if you shoot again in another direction are you pulled towards your new target. Same happens if you pull an opponent towards you and cancel the hook will he fly and drop down ...you can use it to smash opponents against walls or drawn them into lava.
The alternate fire activates the chainsaw or buzzsaw and kills an opponent instantly.

Imagine how you hook up an opponent and jump towards him to gib him with a buzzing sound.

This weapon is very complicated to master but also very satisfying when it hit. And you can use it to navigate through a map like Spiderman. :mrgreen:

What do you think?

Nope, it's bad. :P Lol joke

Ok, so I make the models (Keyframes are separated files for convenience) while someone makes the rest. I don't know how to UnrealScript a weapon or even import models from Blender to UnrealEd as meshes with success :loool:
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

After a long time, I decided I instead wanted the following weapon:

Long-Range Rocket-Based Anti-Infantry (Lorrobasanti)
Codename Lorrobasanti, nicknamed Assassin Homing S***, is a weapon that fires rockets that are 1.215 times faster than normal UT rockets, that home 1.4 times faster and even when their target is behind them and know how to use navigation points when a obstacle is incoming and they have to go around it to encounter with the enemy. To balance this, the rocket deals only 40-75 damage. The speed at which the homing system locks in the target is quick, and it takes 1.5 seconds to have that lock go away. These are better for medium-to-long range.

However, the gun has a scope (Alt-Fire mechanics similiar to Sniper Rifle) and features moderate fire rate (despite firing two rockets at once). Alternate rockets are fired by holding both Right and Left click. These alternate rockets deal only 5 damage, but they are fired at the rate of a Minigun's primary fire and are very fast at homing AND moving. Also they home very well. These alternate rockets are launched one at a time, however. They are great for actual long-range like CTF-HallOfGiants or CTF-LavaGiant.

Credits
  • Moddeler and Creative Director: Gustavo6046
  • Coordenative Directors: papercoffee, Dr. Flay
  • Developers: sektor2111, LannFyre
  • Sounds: freesound.org, Audacity
  • Graphics: MrLoathsome, Gustavo6046 (paint.NET)
(yep, this is a invitation-to-help list :) )

How the F*** did you have this Fantastic and Brilliant Idea?

Well, I was just playing CTF-LavaGiant with Rocket Arena because I wanted to home at everyone at long distances. But vanilla Rocket Launcher just sucks for this job. :P (I know there are better long-range weapons, but hitscan and it's surprises sucks too)

Link to model Here!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

Get RocketsUT and then tell me if you actually need any more rockets.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

papercoffee wrote:

The Cable Gun:

What do you think?

Well I think it is a cool idea, especially with so many huge maps available.

I never got much feedback on my idea for "Mjolnir the friendly Banhammer" which could be both an anti-camper mod and game.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3626
Or for a Cloverfield style monster that spawns other smaller monsters depending on where you shoot it, and with what weapons used.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2885#p34504
Gustavo6046
Godlike

Post by Gustavo6046 »

UTX wrote:Get RocketsUT and then tell me if you actually need any more rockets.
I can't even find the mutator/gametype/whatever after using UModExtractor :<

But I have hungry monster idea. I like hungry monsters, so here is...

Black Stomach

This is a Titan cousin that boasts huge mouth and walks in four legs with hooves. He can suck opponents into his mouth with air and then... The own substance around his tongue is a mix of poison and glue. And after the slow, burning death of the opponent, the glue temporarily stops and the opponent goes down throat.

He also have sticky front hooves where glued opponents go up the mouth if they are unlucky enough to touch them.

The only way of killing this monster is to shoot from below him, with the risk of the monster sitting.

The monster is pink. Joke, it's grey. I just said pink as a reference to the Pinky Demon.

It also have a brown variant which is even deadlier, as eating heals him and he can eat the corpses of fallen comrades and opponents that died in the hands of one of the comrades.

For example, say Rhea is in battle. A random Lava Sith kills her from nowhere near a brown BS. The BS then sucks her corpse in and heals some hit points that were taken off by hard work from rockets, flak and whatever.

But why hooves?

Because a certain pink centaur from a upcoming game from the same series as the Pinky Demon taught me the uses of hooves.

Now imagine a Black Stomach (BS), with the size of TItan, and man-sized hooves.

Weapon of Destruction
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

I have some fresh new ideas.
But first I need to recycle one...

There needs to be an addon to worm that allow weapons and ammo to cycle a la Chaos UT.

Alright. Now for the new ones.

Play of the game: Yeah, I've been looking at Overwatch recently. Now. I am aware that Its gonna be impossible to re-play footage of a game, But I thought of an alternative. At the end of the game, a message will appear on the leaderboard saying "[NAME] Wins Play of the Game for [STRATEGY]!" In order for a player to be legible for Play of the Game, you will need to perform things like: End a Killing spree with a low priority weapon, End a Killing spree with a Melee, Getting a large number of multi-kills within a time period, Making a last-second save in Capture the Flag, Denying a Redeemer, and other things.

Critical Hit System: Fair and balanced. Each weapon, except for the Redeemer and Instagib Rifle have a 2% chance (By default) to do X3 Damage. And yes, Critical hits can be (By default) stacked with the Udamage.

Payload: I had the idea from TF2. One team must push a Fusion Reactor along a path into the enemy base. The other Team must stop them for a set amount of time. Hopefully with bot support considering I have nobody to play UT with and theres literally only TWO Australian UT99 servers.

Piercing Instagib: Based on a mod for UT2004, Instagib Rifles that can shoot through walls!

Alternative Railgun Multi-kill sound: Most of you probably know about how the Railgun in the Beyond Unreal Bonus back, broadcasts a message and plays a sound when getting a "Conga-Line". But for me, I never found it as rewarding as a sound. If it were possible, I would make a modified version that had a sound like this: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/ ... 0820101635 . It still gives me goosebumps even today. I aint taking the piss, I'ts a great mod, especially the Worms Super Sheep and the Marble Gun, I just want to find an excuse to implement this sound in game.

Audience: I know UT isint exactly story-heavy, but I kind of like the concept of Deathmatches being presented before a live audience. So why not make a mod where a crowd cheers, chants and jeers depending on whats going on? On that note, are there any Maps that are like that? Just an arena with thousands upon thousands spectating?

Is there any league/competitive versions of maps out there? I know theres one of Arcane Temple, but Im curious if there are others.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

UTNerd24 wrote: Is there any league/competitive versions of maps out there? I know theres one of Arcane Temple, but Im curious if there are others.
Yes, quite a few - go to any of the sites hosting maps and look for map names with either LE at the end as in (example) http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ma ... -LE102.zip or CE at the end as in (example) http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=M ... -CE100.rar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

A lot of players that do MonsterHunt online complain about players that rush to the exit... so I think a map with something that spawns a super powerful monster if a map is played too fast would be good.

Mutator with a timer sorta thing.

I can think of 2 monsters ideal for this... Grim Reaper & Caerbannog Bunny.

Should probably explain the bunny. Have you ever seen Monty Python & the Holy Grail?
XcxKIJTb3Hg
I did a favor for GoPostal awhile back, and I asked him to make me a UT version of that bunny.

Other than him, I may be the only person who has it.

It's a damned scary bunny in MH!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758