Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by EvilGrins »

There used to be a mutator called Cosmic, that was a collection of 15 different mutators with a main one that had a selection menu. You would load up all the mutators that came with it, couldn't pick just any mutator, and then it would randomly assign one of these mutators to each individual player.

Some would fart randomly and take off the ground, others would be really fast or really slow, stronger, weaker, etc.

It was hard to keep track of all the mutators for it. It'd be nice if someone made a single mutator that would randomly assign other mutators, either built in or from whatever was in your systems folder, to any players in the game.
papercoffee wrote:Yeah GunGame is a great mod ...I suggested this earlier in the "screenshot fur Fun" thread as game mode for the new Dispersion Pistol (it was only a Idea) ...but a new and much cooler morphing Dispersion Pistol for UT would be interesting anyway.
Apparently someone did do some enhancements to the dispersion pistol.
[youtube]3-Nt7ODs8bE[/youtube]
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Back at the chocotown idea, it seems there already is a candy land map: http://ut.gamersmafia.com/descargas/show/6967
Might as well rip a few textures (if they're good)... :?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote: Apparently someone did do some enhancements to the dispersion pistol.
[youtube]3-Nt7ODs8bE[/youtube]
The look of this weapon was not changed ...I mean, it should be 20% cooler... ...at least.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

New dumb idea for a mutator:
3rd-person-view-for-all (or behind-view-for-all). I wonder how UT can be a 3rd person shooter instead of a 1st person.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

In my GOTY version is in the key-bind-menu a slot for behind view ...but you are really behind your Avatar and can't really see or aim at things.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

papercoffee wrote:In my GOTY version is in the key-bind-menu a slot for behind view ...but you are really behind your Avatar and can't really see or aim at things.
A mod could actually be made to make UT a 3rd person shooter, it wouldn't be hard.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:
papercoffee wrote:In my GOTY version is in the key-bind-menu a slot for behind view ...but you are really behind your Avatar and can't really see or aim at things.
A mod could actually be made to make UT a 3rd person shooter, it wouldn't be hard.
And now do we have to recreate the third person animation of all default player models for melee attacks like swords or/and chainsaws and then could this be something really great.

:mrgreen:
I'm just day dreaming.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike

Post by UnrealGGecko »

@ferali: Really? Sweet.
@paper: I think the current command only needs a camera adjustment, a fix for the sniper rifle (it's zooming the ass :ironic:) and that it wouldn't revert back to 1st person after respawn.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I think the best idea is the offset to one side (like Gears of War)
I always swap to 3rd person in melee combat in Chaos, but in UT99 you are too far away to judge the distances in front of you.
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

Indeed you would need to change the offset because your character would get in the way most of the time, a new crosshair would be needed as well because if I remember correctly you can't see it in third person.
This reminds me of the Laser Dots mutator that works regardless of this.
And as Feralidragon said, it shouldn't be hard, I already had a mutator that disabled third person view, shouldn't be hard to do the same with first person.
I already have a bunch of ideas on another thread... what should I do so people can check both posts?
You cannot kill what is already dead.
darkbarrage99
Skilled
Personal rank: Barron O' Beefdip

Post by darkbarrage99 »

here's a video of me playing ut2k4 over a year ago with a 3rd person view mutator and various mods based off the unreal championship series

not sure if you'll be able to tell in the video, but the crosshairs kinda shot out like a laser site and 'landed' on whatever the target was

http://www.xfire.com/videos/327c17

on subject, I've always wanted to see the weapons from Tribes Vengeance imported into ut2k4, which wouldn't be too hard since they're both unreal engine games...

but since it's ut99 we're talkin about, I'd like to see the t2 versions. at least the spin fusor, even if it's just a mod for the ripper

it could be a ripper with a blue skin that shoots esplosive disks that blow up like a redeemer corewith less damage. that could be cool. that's probably how I'd do it if i could code worth a damn. another thing I'd love to see is a mine laying alternate fire. in t2 you could use the combination of throwing a mine at an enemy and shooting it with a disk to create a double whammy so to speak. would be cool to see in ut.
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

I got the "Half Pint" mutator and it spawns you in 3rd person view but doesn't disable first person so it should be that hard to make something from there.
The "Laser Sights" mutator works that way, you see a dot wherever you're pointing out like it was a real life laser sight but everyone else can see it was well.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Gizzy
Novice
Personal rank: Brit

Post by Gizzy »

A kickass map needs to be made with the (in my opinion, rather underrated) castle1.utx package.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Any examples of maps using castle1.utx ?
Gizzy
Novice
Personal rank: Brit

Post by Gizzy »

I'll post a few shots later today when i unlazy :)