Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I though I might make a board like this since there lots of players having great ideas but they don't know anything about the editor...

What ideas do YOU have?

Perhaps YOU will inspire someone to make YOUR (or at least finish his) vision come true!
Or maybe you know how to use UED but need some other people opinions?
C'mon, don't be shy and speak up!
Skin, map, mod, voicepack, mutator, gametype and any other ideas related to new UT resources are welcome (just don't over-do it, like ask for a UT3 port :D ). Have fun and please DON'T fight!

Here are a few of mine:
1. The most EVIL map in history of UT99 :twisted: ... So evil that it's nearlly inposible to describe... All I can say is it's related to FLOWERZ, RAINBOWZ and the colour PINK :loool:
2. An Assault (?) map where you have to jump from vehicle to vehicle to take over the leading vehicle.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by Creavion »

If I have an idea for a map, I make sure to realize it myself ...

your ideas

1. How do you want to call it? DM-Eyecancer? ColorNightmare? RetardGayness? SimplyStupid? :ironic2: :thudown:
2. AS-Hispeed2
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Creavion wrote: 2. AS-Hispeed2
Maybe, but instead of a train and helicopter mission, I was thinking more of a car chase. (AS(BT)-Cobra11?)
@#1, OK now that I think about it... Maybe it is a bit too evil :mrgreen: .
3. This:
www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2540
It was almost done but where the f... did it go??? Last man Assault would really be awesome!
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Oh man... I used to have great ideas for maps, mods, characters and all that. They came up constantly, and back in my young days I had all the energy in the world to make them come true in UT. But now I'm a bit rusted and I can't exactly spend much time on UT either. I guess I could make someone do the job for me but... I don't know, it feels bad to boss people around telling them what to do at all times (without even paying them :P)
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Saya-chan wrote:Oh man... I used to have great ideas for maps, mods, characters and all that. They came up constantly, and back in my young days I had all the energy in the world to make them come true in UT. But now I'm a bit rusted and I can't exactly spend much time on UT either. I guess I could make someone do the job for me but... I don't know, it feels bad to boss people around telling them what to do at all times (without even paying them :P)
Yearh yearh, you used to have great ideas for maps, mods and characters until you took an arrow to the knee...
Unbelievable nonsense. I am 27 and also still mapping (and hopefully releasing soon something new) ... and you think being 19 is OLD? Seriously, how can you already be out of energy!? I tell you, with 30 you will say from yourself you are about to die (senile decay you know)! What`s up with this generation??? Seriously, WTF?
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I played MH-EyeCancer, truth be told. If you remember Spronx and his <cough> remake of dead city...I'd tell you about it but you wouldn't believe me.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Personally I have tons of ideas for both mods and maps, but I lack something almost everybody equally lacks: time :cry:
Mapping wise, I want to make a full SP campaign (and yeah, already thought in the maps and all the features), lots of different places to explore, different themes, moods, full story (fully original, but still based on nali, skaarj, Unreal characters and the overall UT theme), etc.

One of the first maps would be like an AS-HiSpeed2, but the illusion of the moving train would be so strong, you would actually think you're seriously traveling a long distance.

As for mods, tons of ideas, many of them I think I will keep for totally new games in newer engines rather than attempting in UT, since at least one of them it's that complex to pull off.
The ones I still want to try in UT is a full war gametype (kinda like Siege, but much more intense and with much more freedom and stuff to build), a vehicles mod and some stuff for maps (like a full weather system, fog, etc, all from uscript though and nothing native, which is mostly to use to myself and my maps, but I would share it anyway ofc).

I also built a map once (in my mapping early days, knew zero about uscript at that time) attempting to mix: AS, MH, CTF and that atmospheric feel of SP with scripted sequences, although it's ugly, I think its still has a nice concept (ever saw a nali actually catching fish and other planting stuff? you see that in this map)... I might post it here if someone wants to take ideas from it or attempt the idea itself in a better way though.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

A couple of my lunatic ideas are here already :mrgreen:
Mjolnir the friendly Banhammer
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3626
and a "Cloverfield" type monsterhunt
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2885#p34504
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Mod/mutator: Glue Gun. It hits you and knocks you back hard and you get stuck to whatever you crash into (walls, objects, other players) for a minute or two.

Map: No specific design but I always thought it would be cool to fight on, any gametype, a map where the statues, after everything else is cleared or done, come to life and attack you. Statues being made of stone being much harder to kill than anything else, maybe throw in a destructible items type function as you shoot off it's arms and legs as it still comes after you.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Renegade
Adept
Personal rank: Vigilante

Post by Renegade »

A last man standing map that slowly fills with lava as you play.
Players are forced to the upper floors until one is left.
The map would include several trapdoors.

A one-on-one map taking place on a rotating platform/room.

A map that shrinks as you play (related to first idea) like a spaceship that is breaking apart.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Renegade wrote:A last man standing map that slowly fills with lava as you play.
Players are forced to the upper floors until one is left.
The map would include several trapdoors.
With UT quite difficult until nearly impossible specially because of "slowly rising lava". You would have to trigger the zones to change their behaviour (AFAIK there was an actor for that in ONP). This would only work in steps (otherwise you would quickly run out of available zones) and not steadily. Playerstarts could be triggered on and off, but the path nodes would be the real deal of course. Not even talking about the bots, telling them, go higher if possible. Might work with "MaxDesireability" and faked pickups like the BotBurger from Ferali (used in Antalius), but it would end up as a huge pain in general.
About to be non-active
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I'll bet you it could be done with attachmovers and zoneinfos. The bots will not select a node that is under water and you could add script in the zone to disable playerstarts/pathnodes upon touch. I've seen rising water in a couple of MH test maps over the years (one weapon test map in particular uses it on a timer to flood/recede and it functions online fine).

Renegade if you ever map this out I'd script the zoneinfo for you. We could make it work.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I have only one Idea* what could be done (and should be) ... a simple visual change but something that bothered me for very long.

Akimbo for the player models ...

The double enforcer could look so much better ...the akimbo-mod it self would benefit from this.
everywhere where you use both hands for weapons.

Even in Counterstrike/half-life was this possible. But no, epic screwed this... why??

*I have much more ideas but right now I am busy with Food Fight ... Test server: 208.167.224.185:7777 :mrgreen:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

One of my favorite weapons, though I rarely use it, is the Bunny Bomber. It fires Nal-rabits which more or less work like heat seeking missiles as they hop after you, and then explode like a rocket launcher blast. With a bunch of variations of a particular mutator I've seen lately I think I've got a good idea for something new.

The Zombie Bazooka!

It fires a fast moving zombie that chases you down, grabs you, and slowly drains your health as it eats you.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
AliveTillFragged
Average
Personal rank: Semi-Noob Mapper

Post by AliveTillFragged »

An idea for a map:

a closed box canyon, with a Briggs fort like great wall in the middle,
separating the two bases, the wall will be of detail, and the rest terrain, NOT LIKE CTF-GREATWALL, a bit more polished, and if possible, tall towers jutting out of the mountainsides for the red and blue bases.. ?? Hows that? :idea: Maybe an underground river running under the bases?? :idea: