Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Discussions about UT99
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Your idea for a map, mod etc.

Post by papercoffee »

UTDeath wrote: Yes! I totally feel you on this one GEx. Either NaPali or you are a prisioner in a Skaarj ship...
And I was always wondering why there was no more story in Unreal Tournament, and I know "FPS Noob, who cares about story?" but still. All we have in the game itself is: In twenty two ninety one in an intent to control violence against deep space miners...
That's why I thought about a story when I made my Scavenger Skin.
UTNerd24
Adept
Personal rank: Professional Camper

Post by UTNerd24 »

Oh man. I have So many ideas for mods, but they'll probably all just get shrugged off.
I've been playing UT for so long it's practically tradition.
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

I think the reason we don't have many campaigns related to the tournament is because the tournament is what is mainly focused on in the series's canon. After all, the origin of Xan is explained in ut2004.

Anyway, what about a new type of relic, that makes you transform into a random monster? Yeah I'm a little obsessed with being able to play as the monsters, but that's what happens when you can only play as the good guys.
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

papercoffee wrote:That's why I thought about a story when I made my Scavenger Skin.
Yes, I already thought of a Single Player campaign that goes around my weapon pack. The background story and some other random things.
UTNerd24 wrote:Oh man. I have So many ideas for mods, but they'll probably all just get shrugged off.
Nah Man, do share. You never know. :)
Gameite2260 wrote:Anyway, what about a new type of relic, that makes you transform into a random monster? Yeah I'm a little obsessed with being able to play as the monsters, but that's what happens when you can only play as the good guys.
I believe this is possible, I have seen some codes that change the Player Mesh but I am not sure if it is affected by animations and all that stuff. Anyway, kill your team mates, that way you will play as the bad guy. :D
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I think the proxy Oversurrector may as well be an actual Chaos addon.
Chaos has extra useful anims and effects for things like throwing and melee.
It is just the sort of weapon that suits Chaos :D

I imagine a Random monster swapper is do-able, but will generate lots of missing anim errors etc. to begin with.
I often add the extra info to the ini of a pawn I fancy trying.
If you are lucky you just get a larger log file, but if you are unlucky it crashes.
You also have the wrong hands in first person.

2k4 seems to be more robust for that, and I spent a long time playing as a Head-crab from Half Life 2 :ironic:

Playing as a monster is annoying in team games, as there are not bot orders or taunts etc.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

One of my favorite weapons from another game, Heretic, was this egg you picked up that if you shot someone with it then they turned into a chicken...

...and whoever got turned into a chicken had to fight as one until it wore off. Pecked everyone at close range!

Howabout something similar that turns a player into a pupae, for like 30 seconds or so?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTDeath
Skilled
Personal rank: Tournament Champion.

Post by UTDeath »

I just thought that it would be a nice addition to UT to have an Oversurrector of the default weapons and since Ferali made it look like an orb that transforms into something else, like the skull seen for the Executioner Oversurrector, and then is sent flying towards the area that the player is looking at, then we could do something similar using the Meshes that are related to the Proxy from Chaos [First person, Third person and the Proxy themselves]. It's just a little re-skinning and code work.
Like I said, I already pictured some of them. The GES Bio Rifle could be turned into a huge glob of that disgusting corrosive gel.

And I messed around with the code and it's super easy to change a Player's Mesh and Skin to make it look like a monster, the problem are the animations as you only see a Mesh floating around that won't move at all.
But fix that and you can turn any Player into any monster in seconds! :D

Combine both the Proxy Hands and Mines with the monster code and you can make EvilGrins idea.
You cannot kill what is already dead.
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

A port of the Monster Master mode from u4e on UT2004? I could never get u4e on UT2004 to work, and it'd be nice to have this mode in (Especially since ut2004 doesn't have all the Unreal monsters in it)
Gameite2260
Average

Post by Gameite2260 »

I just got these ideas a while ago.

MonsterGame: A mutator. For each enemy someone kills, a monster spawns in their place. The monster is friendly to whoever killed the player. What the monster is depends on what weapon the person used to kill the other person. The monster might also get some stat bonuses depending on what the health, armor, etc. of the victim was prior to their death. (This is measured by the game taking a "stamp" of what the stats of someone is when they get hit, and if the person does not get hit for a certain amount of time, the game overwrites the stamp.)

EvolveGame: A mutator. When enough points are scored in total by all teams, weapons are gradually replaced, from normal weapons to the crazier Nali Weapons or U4E weapons, and eventually culminating in the EXU weapons. Alternatively, it could be how many points 1 team has scored, and then make it so that only members of that team can pick up the new weapons. Also, the more people using a certain gun, the faster it evolves, unless it's an arena game.

QuadFire: Another mutator. This one makes it so that you can switch out the primary and secondary fires for a third and fourth fire. Pressing middle mouse button switches out the primary fire for the third fire, and holding it switches out the secondary fire for the fourth fire. The fourth fire is generally stronger than the third fire.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Another map theme idea:
A village that once was a home for the vikings (the Norse)...

... Ah c'mon, there's tons of egyptian and aztec maps (I know, textures by Epic), and the greeks have 3 or 4 maps made. There HAS to be at least 1 for the norsemen (eigher that or I played Age of Mythology a little too much).
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

I'm thinking of doing some kind of crazy advanced overkill weapon pack, just focusing on rough ideas since I'm still a noob to coding.

A few things the weapon pack will consist of:

- Advanced seeking projectiles (I'm thinking for some reason to rewrite or extend the traditional seeking code to make the seeking to be more advanced and complex with more possibilities)
- The projectiles and instant-hit fires of all weapons will be able to interact with each other in some way
- A special focus on shock rifle style combo explosions (being to combo-shoot projectiles of weapons using other weapons creating interesting varying events)
- Reflecting beams and projectiles (for some reason I want some weapons' reflecting beams and/or projectiles to be reflecting towards enemy pawns with a bit of inaccuracy added to it to make it less overkill)
- A special focus on projectiles releasing other projectiles (like the flak cannon's altfire)
- Bouncing projectiles (bouncing like balls)
- Projectiles being able to zap other projectiles or pawns (or being able to fire projectiles at them by themselves)
- Charging firemodes (like biorifle's altfire) in order to make projectiles or beams stronger (or more advanced and deadly in some ways)
- Projectiles bursting into multiple smaller projectiles in mid-air (like the cyclone missile launcher in rocketsut)
- Some seeking projectiles being able to avoid collision with anything that is not an enemy pawn (to a certain extend to avoid extreme overkill)
- Projectiles flying in a spiral way (like ut2004s rockets)
- Weapons being able to spawn monsters (maybe that's too much)
- Projectiles accelerating or slowing down (using certain algorithms)

All of those ideas above should be mixed and mangled into each other to the extreme, not sure if I'd be able scriptwise but I dunno, perhaps people could add other ideas to this or use mine in their projects.
Skirge
Novice

Post by Skirge »

Would love sphere CTF Arena map, just a giant ball with like a bowl inside in the middle. Thinking for Low Grav rockets. the angle of the side of the bowl to enable flipping up it for more air.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Giant-size map of someone's backyard, there the planets annd whatnot look like a forest from the player's perspective...

...and a large monster on the map that's called Godzilla!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

EvilGrins wrote:Giant-size map of someone's backyard, there the planets annd whatnot look like a forest from the player's perspective...

...and a large monster on the map that's called Godzilla!
You mean Catzilla...
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Not quite sure if this is an idea or request more :P

I was playing around in UT2k4, you know, downloaded some mappacks, played a bit offline... honestly I had a great time :rock:. Now one of the mappacks (forgot which one) had a pretty cool little mutator that I'd like to see on UT99 as well (a bit expanded even)

Basically the less health you have the faster/slower (I'd like to have both for variation) you become.
Still not quite sure if the fire-rate could be adjusted along with the running speed, but it would be really nice ;)

Thought's on this?