Obscure UT sites

Discussions about UT99
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Re: Obscure UT sites

Post by Dr.Flay »

This site may be useful for a variety of Unreal resources, including generic 3D tools and help.
http://www.3dbuzz.com/forum/forums/277- ... Technology
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

I just found this site while trying to heck out how to run UT on a MAC nowadays: http://unrealosx.webs.com/
Very interesting to see that there's a real bunch of people out there who are still supporting the game for MAC and we (or atleast I) haven't even heard of them.
Also nice stuff they have in their downloads section, would love to see the files mirrored so no registration is required ;)

EDIT: Just saw that you are involved in this, Dr. Flay, so I probably overlooked it here :oops:
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Well as it happens if it wasn't for me, no-one could find it :?
It used to be that you had to join to even read the site :shock:
Search engines had no access, so it never showed any results in them (not even everyone's fave Google).
("GoogleBot" or "Google [Bot]" has an account on sites to bypass the issue with forums.)

I was looking for Mac resources for "Your Unreal", and was stunned by the lack of... well anything useful, but I kept digging till I found a link to the site under it's previous location http://osx.beyondunreal.com (Click there for the last capture in the Web Archive).

When I found the replacement site, the doors were firmly shut if you were not a member (bloody typical Mac owners) :wth:
I figured the Mac world should know about this oasis in the desert, so I joined and posted about the draw-back to being exclusive.
The doors opened :highfive:
New members soon started arriving out of the blue, and Tim (Arkon) joined here.
:idea: *(Hmmm, actually he should be persuaded to lend his developer knowledge to the pot, and have a Mac section here) :idea:

Tim has done wonderful work porting and updating Unreal and UT99 for Mac OSX and PPC.
For anyone interested he has just done the same for "Deus Ex" :tu:
He has even given them the ability to edit, and use the new renderers, so now your Mac owning friends can be even more annoying and self-righteous :lol2:
...Oh hi Tim didn't see you lurking back there!

Errr, I recommend if you are a Mac owner to register there and show your support.
He runs a clan called "UT Gods" http://www.gametracker.com/clan/UTGods/ and now runs 3 servers, which all Mac owners should definitely visit :tu:

:satan: Or maybe Windows users may like to go and frag some Mac owners :highfive:
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Yep, and I often play on his servers from time to time :enforcer: and yeah he beats me by a land-slide :flag3: as anyone can do that to me :ironic:

Anyway, I know I posted this link before, but the maps (mappacks especially) are really interesting (El Chicoverde pack, U/UT 0wnage packs (those that got the CliffyB's 0wnage award) and some other stuff). Crazy polish people always hiding the best stuff heh :lol2:
http://unreal.pl/dzial.php?dz=download&id=mapy
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Nice to see they have the "UT99.org Community Map Pack 2", but I don't think they have the update.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Wow nice find, thanks for sharing ;)
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

medor wrote:Yes there is a man who take all the full utfile with multi connexions.
Well, sorry but its the same right now and it was before my post. Loads of great stuff, but who has that kind of time?
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

@Carbon
The issue may not be clear.
You are looking into Medor's personal computer, so if everyone hammers it, Medor cannot use the net.

My tip is, don't sit waiting and watching the DL. Do something else at the same time. It won't be clogging your connection either, so you can just carry on as normal.
I often have large slow files coming down from upload sites, limited at 32 or 64 k/s.
If I have 8 files coming down from several sites, I don't require full speed for an individual file any-more, as my connection is now maxed out (I will often have to throttle it, so I can use a browser).

Use the net as a multitasking resource, and slow sites won't bug you.
Do 1 thing at a time on the net and it will.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Dr.Flay wrote:Nice to see they have the "UT99.org Community Map Pack 2", but I don't think they have the update.
Looks like it is only the 1.0 pack.
"patch 1.1" includes some extra maps, patch 1.3 includes the very final xpickups system files.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Dr.Flay wrote:@Carbon
The issue may not be clear.
You are looking into Medor's personal computer, so if everyone hammers it, Medor cannot use the net.

My tip is, don't sit waiting and watching the DL. Do something else at the same time. It won't be clogging your connection either, so you can just carry on as normal.
I often have large slow files coming down from upload sites, limited at 32 or 64 k/s.
If I have 8 files coming down from several sites, I don't require full speed for an individual file any-more, as my connection is now maxed out (I will often have to throttle it, so I can use a browser).

Use the net as a multitasking resource, and slow sites won't bug you.
Do 1 thing at a time on the net and it will.
Erm, yeah, I can manage my time just fine, and I fully understand why, but it doesn't change the fact that it is terribly slow. Quite separate discussions. ;)

It just seems a shame because clearly Medor has spent a lot of time collecting this stuff and organizing it, but it is a very restricted resource which seems at odds with its incredible scope.

Medor: I thank you for your site. Loads of great stuff mate and a service to all, undoubtedly. :gj: I am just sayin', is all....
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

http://ihsgut.org/u2a/

http://multiplayer.it/download/unreal-t ... avour=full (finally figured out how to browse ut only downloads, just look at the right side (EDIT: OK there's still some sh't appearing but eh, what the hell))

http://www.aceflex.biz.nyud.net/playzone/mappacks/ (Dr. Flays find (EDIT: some 2k4 is mixed in, look at the post below))
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

It is a mixed collection, and some of the Mappacks are for UT2K4
These 7 files are not for UT99
cbp1.zip
cbp2-volume1.zip
cbp2-volume2.zip

ucmp-volume1.zip
ucmp-volume2.zip
ucmp-volume3.zip
ucmp-volume4.zip

Actually Medor should run Shareaza, then his downloads will combine with Maprader (and mine when I connect), and any other users sharing files on all the main p2p networks.
G1, G2, e2k, DC++, Torrent/kademlia

We can all help, if more of us share our files. People don't have to bother with making, hosting and seeding torrents.
I share up-to 200GB of files. All of it legal, and a big chunk of it is most of my Unreal related downloads.
Any one who is downloading from me is always welcome to chat, as I often give priority to friendly people.

BTW. Very important. If anyone wants to try Shareaza, do not go to the fake ".com" site.
It is distributed from Sourceforge http://shareaza.sourceforge.net
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:Ave you magnet links for that files ?

I do not save 2004 stufs http://downloads.unrealadmin.org/UT2004 ... p1.zip.txt

i try ucmp pack 1234 for see if it is UT99 http://www.volved.com/qsr/download.shtml direct http://files.volved.com/qsr/ut2004_map_ ... me1234.zip
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

No, the ones I listed are for UT2K4.
The others are UT99.
The jailBreak files are not so big, but the MonsterHunt ones are, so I will add more magnet links as I get the files.

The ones I have checked are;
AS Map Pack 1.rar

Code: Select all

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:BNTTFPOBTYFZ36FXNZHCGY2DVBGF64J5.DAHORK32JFRFUHX7CRIKLYUI4IM77Q7TWYPX5NY&xt=urn:ed2khash:936291c663cfe20a3d5737d17c0b6679&xl=51973152&dn=AS%20Map%20Pack%201.rar
AS Map Pack 2.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:67TKJXDNP23T62UIPTQVAAY56X4XOVZM.KSSVKP5CHKVTA5KUALADFWLOJ677PNSIR3DOLTY&xt=urn:ed2khash:209af0e14e907906e2fc0ce8be2d11e3&xl=48381546&dn=AS%20Map%20Pack%202.rar
CTF_Internode_Mappacks_1-4.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:XTQQ4DZLUPHYDJMJZMNHGTTWK37VSFV3.OW7Z4Y67LRZL3VKW4JI4FWKK5DUDDMSKGQ5DM2Q&xt=urn:ed2khash:408c7d08f2b8cbef2f9a2a8de0b9f4b7&xl=64377599&dn=CTF_Internode_Mappacks_1-4.rar
MH_Mappack_01.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:IR3L2FQWM5ASC4HIELDJJ35ASYU5CWZG.I4E6GROG5TQSFGO4XF5JEWF3JQFQ5CYAYCGTCVQ&xt=urn:ed2khash:e663be36f0047c0a13393c1d786e087b&xl=135527877&dn=MH_Mappack_01.rar
MH_Mappack_02.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:KA7MPME4BHUCHMZTI2VDGPX6BNJDTYWI.D423ASY4DWXAWLH3VVZCXWSQ2FQM23P27RXF4TI&xt=urn:ed2khash:3cadf46475284ecfb1a163e65ed4d03c&xl=88172943&dn=MH_Mappack_02.rar
MH_Mappack_03.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:BNFUZJAAKNOM26G6LNZQJYBWDGO2QVQG.MYUBUO3M6JC3E4LJENH5Q5C66TLZU3QWK2FC77Y&xt=urn:ed2khash:6c36f21588130748b61bb8aabfc3cf73&xl=122616831&dn=MH_Mappack_03.rar
MH_Mappack_04.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:GBNSOWG6XWTNX5XTLRIJQW6N5YBJSBQU.DE2APMCITEWIYN2VVJLOUS4UZR7R3ZHPO3VIGIY&xt=urn:ed2khash:0774ce95fe261059d4a8f8d24a17c1e8&xl=60040591&dn=MH_Mappack_04.rar
MH_Mappack_05.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:IVS7RII4CTD2I4RES5NSOIPDDBFTIOV3.M4JWSFJLVQWEJPTMBC4SSRSVXKODCMZMX3GUO6I&xt=urn:ed2khash:3d1ad2841b8105033236a0dc9c516f55&xl=100735272&dn=MH_Mappack_05.rar
MH_Mappack_06.rar

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:VCVDCRA3JKAIDGVW2B42KXA4Y2ZTYL5S.4BT7GCI6BTHPQ43RYMVYNGNMLK2WBMUARGFYNNI&xt=urn:ed2khash:986299adce3cda386e7b388b29bdcda5&xl=100873371&dn=MH_Mappack_06.rar
Last edited by Dr.Flay on Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:are already saved all 1 2 3 4 5 6 MH_Mappack