Active forums

Discussions about UT99
User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by EvilGrins » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:19 pm

It would appear http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/ has either been hacked or is under full assault by spambots.
Attachments
zClip0001.jpg
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:13 am

I haven't been regularly keeping up on forums for the last month, so I'm not sure when this happened to Hook's... but my main concern is I can't find the "new posts" button.
Attachments
zClip0002.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

Deepu
Skilled
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:56 am
Personal rank: Average
Location: India
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by Deepu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 am


User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Active forums

Post by OjitroC » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:46 am

EvilGrins wrote:I haven't been regularly keeping up on forums for the last month, so I'm not sure when this happened to Hook's... but my main concern is I can't find the "new posts" button.
Here it is - New Topic button
newtopic.jpg

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9276
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by papercoffee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:33 pm

Hook explained that his host forced everyone to Tapatalk ...which is manly a Mobile interface and not really suitable for desktop PCs. He works on it and tries to recover his control.

User avatar
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Posts: 2204
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by UnrealGGecko » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:46 pm

@OjitroC: he ment the button that shows the latest posts :P

User avatar
OjitroC
Godlike
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Re: Active forums

Post by OjitroC » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Ooops .... apologies for that - I totally misunderstood there!

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:09 am

OjitroC wrote:Ooops .... apologies for that - I totally misunderstood there!
It's cool, and confusing.

Technically, despite the new format, I know the URL to use to see new posts on most forums. I could enter it manually... but I feel some variation of the button should exist.

Additive: Made a note about Hook's forum over on Herm's, and got this back today:
Hermskii wrote:He and ijust discussed this yesterday. His carrier changed some things and jacked his forum. He is trying to figure out what he has to do to get everything back to normal. I have not been by to see it but I heard it is awful. HOOK will get it worked out soon I'm sure.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

Qwerty
Masterful
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:14 pm
Personal rank: I.T Master
Location: New York
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by Qwerty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 pm

OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:I haven't been regularly keeping up on forums for the last month, so I'm not sure when this happened to Hook's... but my main concern is I can't find the "new posts" button.
Here it is - New Topic button
newtopic.jpg

man they screwed his forums up badly.. Cant even see anything without highlighting all the text. I cant even reply to any threads :(
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB

User avatar
papercoffee
Godlike
Posts: 9276
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by papercoffee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Qwerty wrote:
OjitroC wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:I haven't been regularly keeping up on forums for the last month, so I'm not sure when this happened to Hook's... but my main concern is I can't find the "new posts" button.
Here it is - New Topic button
newtopic.jpg

man they screwed his forums up badly.. Cant even see anything without highlighting all the text. I cant even reply to any threads :(
He is constantly experimenting with the colours.

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by EvilGrins » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Okay, in order to see new posts on Hook's current configuration... once you're in logged in · http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/sear ... d=newposts
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
DLD-RABBIT
Average
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Personal rank: *...*
Location: Eden, North Carolina USA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by DLD-RABBIT » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:34 am

Hook will get it all worked out :tu:

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:35 am

Turns out · https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fragfinity/ · has gotten the same "upgrade" that Hook's forum did.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

User avatar
DLD-RABBIT
Average
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:48 pm
Personal rank: *...*
Location: Eden, North Carolina USA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by DLD-RABBIT » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:47 am

http://utdemo.freeforums.org/ is offline. We have been down about 3 days now. :?

Error below:
The utdemo.freeforums.org page isn’t working

utdemo.freeforums.org redirected you too many times.

:help:

User avatar
EvilGrins
Godlike
Posts: 6258
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
Personal rank: God of Fudge
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Contact:

Re: Active forums

Post by EvilGrins » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:54 am

DLD-RABBIT wrote:http://utdemo.freeforums.org/ is offline.
It's back up now. Looks like admins were customizing it, has an entirely new portal setup.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
Image
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:

Post Reply