Unreal engine ~~ Licensing and download

Discussions about UT99
Prestus_hood
Novice

Unreal engine ~~ Licensing and download

Post by Prestus_hood »

Hello everybody, I had asked for help in another topic creating weapon mods for unreal tournament and helped a lot and I ended up entering a team creating games. comesamos among us decide to create a quake schooter, and I decided to take the unreal engine, only that the UDK is very advanced and heavy for our knowledge and our machines, so we decided to use the unreal engine 2.

I ended up buying a book on the creation of games on the unreal engine, written by a Brazilian, edward silva filho and this book he focuses on the unreal engine 2, and comes up with the runtime, but it can not import textures or models, so preventing any progress. so I decided to try to license the program for me but I find no place for me this information. I ended up looking at the site of epic games and also not found, only license to unreal engine 3.

I wish you can show me where I can buy or download the unreal engine 1 or 2. now I'm very grateful to everyone.

Note: I used the google translator.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Unreal engine ~~ Licensing and download

Post by papercoffee »

You should contact Epic itself for this issue. http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome.html
however, I doubt they still selling this old engine.
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

I believe they do not license UE2 anymore let alone UE1, but you should contact them directly: http://www.unrealengine.com/licensing/
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Pointing to their official unreal engine website they only license Unreal Engine 3 anymore. If you want a good basis to work with Unreal Engine 2 take the Runtime or some suitable UE 2 Game (UT2004), concerning Unreal Engine 1 I'm surprised you want to work with that good old mommy.
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Even I would want to work with UE1.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Saya-chan wrote:Even I would want to work with UE1.
Stockholm syndrome
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
Prestus_hood
Novice

Post by Prestus_hood »

Shadow wrote:Pointing to their official unreal engine website they only license Unreal Engine 3 anymore. If you want a good basis to work with Unreal Engine 2 take the Runtime or some suitable UE 2 Game (UT2004), concerning Unreal Engine 1 I'm surprised you want to work with that good old mommy.
I have the Runtime, but is for educacional use, I can not use for sale of my games.

I'll send a message to the site of the epic, I'll see if I can get permission to use the runtime. or unreal engine 1.

and thanks to everyone for the info =)

PS: i used Google translator :P