Request SantaHats for UT99

Discussions about UT99
AlchemY666`
Novice

Request SantaHats for UT99

Post by AlchemY666` »

Hello everybody !

I wanted to know if somebody could realise santa hats like it has been made fot ut2004 ?
Just some hats that would be added on players skin head.

here is a picture of it : http://www.unrealcentral.com/request.php?download.72

It's a request that i'm making to anybody that could realise it.
I'm a chrismas fan but i really have no clue how to make something like this... :( i wish i could do it myself !

Thanks a lot !

i'm waiting for your answers.

AlchemY666``
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Request SantaHats for UT99

Post by Feralidragon »

I don't think that's possible in this UT.
Or better yet, it would be possible but it would only work with a few models and it would be painful (very painful) to do something.

You see, UT2k4 animations are based from bones and joints, and it's fairly easy to attach things to UT2k4 characters since all you have to do is to attach the hat to the head joint, and done, however UT1 is heavily based in vertex animation, and bones and joints were only introduced with the BP4 for UT1, which means that one could make a hat for the latter (which are a few characters) but as for the former, you either would have to recreate every frame by hand relative the originals (=pain), since the original characters are vertex animated.

I think you have to forget this idea, and believe me, there's nothing I would love most than being able to add hats, armor and the like to UT characters, but there's just no feasible way to do it like in UT2k4.
AlchemY666`
Novice

Post by AlchemY666` »

Ohhhhhh :( i m sad now lool ! Hearing the truth is sometimes hard...but i understand what you mean and i will forget this idea !

Maybe you could help me to make a nice realistic looking pumpkin for my incoming halloween maps ??? :))

maybe you got staticmesh of punpkins or have an idea of how to make one ??

I hope that this time ot will be doable ^^

Thanks for your answers ;)
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
AlchemY666` wrote:Ohhhhhh :( i m sad now lool ! Hearing the truth is sometimes hard...but i understand what you mean and i will forget this idea !

Maybe you could help me to make a nice realistic looking pumpkin for my incoming halloween maps ??? :))

maybe you got staticmesh of punpkins or have an idea of how to make one ??

I hope that this time ot will be doable ^^

Thanks for your answers ;)

http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/foru ... f=9&t=1593
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

\0/ Medor, You know everything! :D
jaypeezy
Experienced

Post by jaypeezy »

While I'm not sure this can be done in UT, I think the AttachActor functions in the newer versions of Unreal make this possible. I know of a mod that has made it so you can see a player's weapons on their body, so perhaps it would be a matter of doing the same but with hats...
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

jaypeezy wrote:While I'm not sure this can be done in UT, I think the AttachActor functions in the newer versions of Unreal make this possible. I know of a mod that has made it so you can see a player's weapons on their body, so perhaps it would be a matter of doing the same but with hats...
Yes, that feature exists but it's Unreal exclusive (as in 227 versions afaik), since full skeletal support was added, and therefore functions to attach actors to bones/joints.
But in UT there are no such functions. Skeletal support was added later on and it was in a very preliminary phase, thus no functions to attach actors at all.
AlchemY666`
Novice

Post by AlchemY666` »

thanks guys !!!
AlchemY666`
Novice

Post by AlchemY666` »

ASLYE702 wrote:\0/ Medor, You know everything! :D
medor is da UT99 king !
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

AlchemY666` wrote:
ASLYE702 wrote:\0/ Medor, You know everything! :D
medor is da UT99 king !
I would say he is more the treasurer of UT... sometimes more important than a lousy King.

Oh and btw.
Please avoid double posts in the future...
Pointing at our house rules