Public IPToCountry Server for ut99 by unrealkillers.com

Discussions about UT99
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Re: Public IPToCountry Server for ut99 by unrealkillers.com

Post by JackGriffin »

Not without rewriting the scoreboard. The Christmas server is just for fun and I already spend a good amount of time recoding everything to follow the theme. This is such a small thing it's not worth a version. I'm just really surprised that this feature fell away as it was super popular.
billybill wrote: TheDane set one up on the forum domain in your sig... but you would've checked that
Not when I didn't know about it. Really? See the thing is Dane left so abruptly that I am somewhat not aware of what he has available at the site. His issues were pretty important and he had to fully immerse into dealing with them so he may be away for a while, but I do expect him to return someday. When he let me take over there was little discussion, he just didn't have time. I was more concerned with keeping things running smoothly than poking around his personal stuff but I'll certainly try to find this. If there is one you can guarantee I'll post back for people to use it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
JackGriffin wrote:Not without rewriting the scoreboard. The Christmas server is just for fun and I already spend a good amount of time recoding everything to follow the theme. This is such a small thing it's not worth a version. I'm just really surprised that this feature fell away as it was super popular.
Just copy all the functions from IPtoCountry and nullify them, except one: instead of looking up it returns the parameters. Name it IPtoCountry and compile. It's a serverside mod. The result will be that you shouldn't need to re-write any mods, they will all show every player as being from North Pole. Once again though I believe you need to return on one function both a country name and country code . You might have to make a code up here Shouldn't be a problem since your scoreboard only uses the returned country name, you can check that though
JackGriffin wrote:
billybill wrote: TheDane set one up on the forum domain in your sig... but you would've checked that
Not when I didn't know about it. Really? See the thing is Dane left so abruptly that I am somewhat not aware of what he has available at the site. His issues were pretty important and he had to fully immerse into dealing with them so he may be away for a while, but I do expect him to return someday. When he let me take over there was little discussion, he just didn't have time. I was more concerned with keeping things running smoothly than poking around his personal stuff but I'll certainly try to find this. If there is one you can guarantee I'll post back for people to use it.
Second thought, I think he may have disabled it at fear of being DDoS'ed. This was around the time he removed the public listing of files, redirect etc. And coincidentally around the same time the host pulled his forums offline for showing a cartoon pair of boobs. *sigh*. There is an "ip to location server launch" thread somewhere there though which might confirm if I'm right or mistaken. Or it could be a case of switching something on
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Updated top post. Forgot to update the thread.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Dane mailed me too, his is still installed and updated but I need to clarify with him whether or not it's 'public' or not. When he replies back (assuming he says it's OK) I'll post a thread and add it as a second place to resolve from.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Top post updated
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Updated top post
Dr.Flay