Free UT99 Public redirect by unrealkillers.com

Discussions about UT99
$carface
Skilled

Re: Free UT99 Public redirect by unrealkillers.com

Post by $carface »

Are they UT FIles or .uz files for redirect? I'll give you the FTP details after Medor has finished uploading his share.

Redirect size currently at 99GB
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

The files are exactly what was on UT Files. I ripped his whole site over the course of a couple of months before he went offline. They are .zip files primarily.

I have well over 600GB of stuff over the Unreal series for all games. No way to torrent that though and for that matter, a 56GB torrent? Well, not the most efficient way of getting this out there. Send me a 1TB HDD and I will fill it up for you. :)

Maybe Shareaza is better? I could share my whole drive (I have a dedicated 1TB HDD for Unreal).

EDIT: Ok...I am sharing 77GB of UT files on Shareaza (the UT Files stuff included), but have no idea how to let users 'browse' my files. Maybe Dr. Flay can help out...? A lot of these are loose files, not zipped, but in folders. Maybe I should do that first...
Last edited by Carbon on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

To give yourself as a link, get your IP address and port number by looking at the bottom-right corner of the GUI.
Make a URI like this (This is me).

Code: Select all

shareaza:browse:81.156.185.39:6346
You add the URI to Shareaza as a new download, in the Transfers section.
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

Cool. Thanks again.

EDIT: Sharing about 115GB of UT stuff, mostly maps, probably doubles (maybe triples).
Last edited by Carbon on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

:(
I can't see you.

If you have a normal dynamic address, you will have to keep an eye on the corner of Shareaza to see when your ISP allocates a new one.

Also if you add the Mapraider IRC to Shareaza (see tutorial), it will not matter what address you have, as you are then findable via your user name.
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

I can't see you either. I am connected to Mapraider though without issue...?

I will get his sorted soon enough. Maybe my router, firewall....?
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

Carbon wrote:Cool. Thanks again.

EDIT: Sharing about 115GB of UT stuff, mostly maps, probably doubles (maybe triples).
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2032515/ ... files.html

perhaps
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Carbon wrote:I can't see you either. I am connected to Mapraider though without issue...?

I will get his sorted soon enough. Maybe my router, firewall....?
find out what ports it uses and configure FW/router to allow these outgoing connections.. all incoming connections are allowed.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Sorry for off topic, but I just recently downloaded the huge assault torrent from here:
http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/6077013/
Didn't tried it yet (I was only trying out my handheld androids ATorrent app, so currently everything is still in there) but it seems to come with the files it needs.
If anyone finds an AS map from there that isn't anywhere else let me know and I'll upload it at myOpera. :rock:
I'm also currently trying to seed this torrent, hope it works!

(ontopic) fantastic work you all, thank you for your effort!
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

I got that AS torrent some time ago. Good stuff. I have 475 assault maps total...I guess a few more than the torrent. :)

Ok, well all ports are enabled and properly forwarded.

Here is me again:

Code: Select all

shareaza:browse:14.32.252.11:6346
I have a static IP.

I am sharing ~82GB; not all I have, but enough for now. I took some doubles out, etc, so the total went down a bit.

I could make a torrent for this stuff as well? I have a fast connection and no bandwidth cap, so go nuts.

EDIT: Just wondering why Medor and everyone else who has UT files doesn't use Shareaza? It's free and more sources mean faster downloads and ultimately more people who would have more files, which is important in situations where one of our primary holding sites goes offline. The software does have a somewhat large memory footprint, but running it in the background while doing sundry tasks seems reasonable.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

Hey Carbon, can you zip it and host it for download? If so I can do a wget which would be faster.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Post by MrLoathsome »

$carface wrote:Hey Carbon, can you zip it and host it for download? If so I can do a wget which would be faster.
I second that.
blarg
Carbon
Inhuman

Post by Carbon »

I have all of the files fairly well arranged and organized @ 89.4GB. I will zip the entire thing and offer it to $carface, but that is for him to setup a repository or redirect, whatever he is doing. I am not interested in supplying everyone with a personal collection however; that is what Shareaza is for.

Medor has an arguably more extensive UT collection than I (or Skillz for that matter), bricked up behind a terribly slow connection (practically inaccessible). Perhaps we should also invite him to share what he has as well. Doing so would probably create the single most comprehensive UT collection on the net.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Medor being a member of most active ut99 sites consrantly adds the newer releases as they become available which is why his repository is slightly more extensive then skills was.

If we have 3-4 repositorys about the web it would be good. Problem these days is finding a good secure script ehich allows for sharing as well as uploading/editing on a group basis.

I have found a few but am in the process of testing these scripts for a filebase this huge.

The script that medor/skilz used is old outdated and cumbersome to say the least.

We really need something more modern which can cater for a whole lot more ie;

Ability to peek inside .zip files and extract various bits of information and display it within the site.

Like a torrent only slightly more advanced?

Ie;

If there is a map for example:

Mymap.zip
(Contents)
/textures/Mymap.utx
/music/Mymap.umx
Info.txt
Readme.nfo
Other.info
Adobe.pdf
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.png
Screenshots.gif

So based on the contents of the archive the webapp could self import the contents of the readme's into its database (for search queries later) and also either on-the-fly when file accessed display screenshots and/or readme info into the browser as such.
Dr.Flay
Godlike

Post by Dr.Flay »

Wises wrote:Medor being a member of most active ut99 sites consrantly adds the newer releases as they become available which is why his repository is slightly more extensive then skills was.
That is somewhat misleading.
Ask Medor to post any files from Unreal, Unreal 2, UT2003, UT2004, or UT3 (or any other Unreal game).

UT-Files went far beyond anything Medor is willing to do.
Medor is only interested in 1 game. The other collections were more important, as ironically it is easier to find more stuff for the older UT.

In recent years people have started to rely more on a single depositry, and doomed their files to oblivion.

I have a tool for looking inside remote zip files (you can also extract a file remotely), I'll see if I can find it. (BTW Shareaza can see inside remote files)
Please STOP using ZIP for archives. It is an archaic archive format, that is NOT owned by the people who make ZIP software, therefore it will not get better. All you will see is changes to the GUI and functionality.
The algorithms used by 7zip and RAR are owned by the people who make the software, so it keeps improving, and when 7zip add recovery records I will use them exclusively.
(Also never make "clever" ZIPs with 7zip, as others cannot open them).

A tip regarding duplicates, and why people end up with them.
I recommend you make torrents of folders, not a big archive file.
No one will already have any of the new giant file, and will have to DL 100%
They will however already have many of the individual files inside.
eg. If I download the torrented folder, I will not have to re-download all the files I already have.

BTW. I recommend setting your default tracker to
udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce
Torrent.png
BTW.BTW. I nearly went for a job at PCWorld, but when I realised I would have to be dishonest with customers, I changed my mind.
They highly rate any product they sell, no matter how good it is.
They actually rated Norton AV as the best for many years, as it is one of their biggest sellers.
Take any of their reviews with a pinch of salt, if they sell it.

*EDIT*
WebZipExplorer 1.5 http://www.cgsoftlabs.ro