Free UT99 Public redirect by unrealkillers.com

Discussions about UT99
$carface
Skilled

Re: Free UT99 Public redirect by unrealkillers.com

Post by $carface »

Carbon is currently uploading the utfiles.

Please use the following
http://utredirect.org.uk/utfiles/

For the time being, what's there is there. I've limited the server to 50 concurrent connections. If this is maxed legitimately regularly I will raise it. I've also limited download speeds for files larger than 50mb. This is to prevent leechers saturating the bandwidth and port. I have no issues with anyone creating mirrors. However the priority is to serve the redirect files to servers.

I'm quite busy ATM with the servers, GU Siege Season and also Gym. I will be adding some sort of download management script for /utfiles/ which I hope will allow users to submit files through their web browsers. This will minimise management via FTP
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Good to know someone's currently uploading... cuz all the directories for maps are completely empty.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

Give me FTP access to the location Scarface, I have access to broadband w/ 2Mbps upload. I can upload what I have as well.

The script you are using to display the contents has web browser uploading abilities. You'll want to make sure you disable regular users ability to delete files though.

You also should setup the list of directories and files that should be hidden from public view.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

$carface wrote:Carbon is currently uploading the utfiles.

Please use the following
http://utredirect.org.uk/utfiles/

For the time being, what's there is there. I've limited the server to 50 concurrent connections. If this is maxed legitimately regularly I will raise it. I've also limited download speeds for files larger than 50mb. This is to prevent leechers saturating the bandwidth and port. I have no issues with anyone creating mirrors. However the priority is to serve the redirect files to servers.

I'm quite busy ATM with the servers, GU Siege Season and also Gym. I will be adding some sort of download management script for /utfiles/ which I hope will allow users to submit files through their web browsers. This will minimise management via FTP
Ahh cheers bro :) this is what I use most often lol.

and with this it will free up some of Medors resources as well.

@Skillz hey bro :)
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Hey all...I just got back from a short-ish vacation. Resuming the uploads now, but it is slow going.

Good to hear from you Skillz.

EDIT: Well, slow is being optimistic. I know it isn't me as my up/down speeds are insane. I am trying to upload my CTF maps folder and it says it will take more than a day....that's just CTF. Then it logged me out or something. Ugh.

Not sure if this is going to work out. I haven't the time to babysit an upload for a week, which is what it looks like this will take, 24/7.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I've uploaded ~35.5GB in the past two days.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Well, keep going I guess.

With torrents, I upload @ over 10GB/s but with this FTP, I am looking at kilobytes. Maybe my location? Not sure, but like I said, I haven't the kind of time this will require.
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

I upload ~270 KB/sec which is ~2Mbps.

Could be a number of factors that cause you not to upload at your full speed, geographic location could be one but unlikely if you're on that fast of a connection. You shouldn't see a drop that far in your connection speed. The FTP client you're using could artificially limit your speed. You could be uploading one item at a time, thus by the time your connection gets "up to speed" it has to restart due to starting a new session. I've noticed that his FTP server only allows 4 concurrent connections so make sure your FTP only makes 4 connections. If it makes too many, it could be slowing you down as your client could have a timeout before it retries. When I first started, I just assumed it would allow at least 10, so I left it at 10. Though I discovered that it's actually 4 and thus my uploading got a lot faster.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@carbon perhaps upload as Torrents and send links to $carface (as well as post here or new thread for others?) idk.
$carface
Skilled

Post by $carface »

@170gb currently so we are nearing maxing capacity on server....traffic is still low, so depending on the files being requested, some might be archived or moved off server while the requested stay.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:i'm curently uploading the utfiles full.

i ned to stop ?
Skillz

Post by Skillz »

$carface wrote:@170gb currently so we are nearing maxing capacity on server....traffic is still low, so depending on the files being requested, some might be archived or moved off server while the requested stay.
Guessing it's maxed out then. Yesterday I started getting errors trying to create new files while I was uploading the rest of the archive. Pretty sure it's because there isn't space to create new files.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:You need to remove sommes 2 gigas files from the folder utfiles/Texture. I restart upload when you give me the green fire :rock:
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Have you been able to do a basic scan for duplicates yet ?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
Dr.Flay wrote:Have you been able to do a basic scan for duplicates yet ?
From ut-files to utfiles i have use " Duplicate Cleaner" and remove a lot of files.
When i upload at this one i use filezilla and not rewrite or auto rename files but it's a idea to do a scan for see if there is same files in different folder to remove.