Invisible Flags!

Discussions about UT99
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Invisible Flags!

Post by Spectra »

This only happens in CTF-EternalCaves. I can't see the flags and also even in certain areas when a player carrying a flag, that I also I can't see him carrying the Flag on his back.

Any idea why it is like that??
Spoiler
UT99.org

Re: Invisible Flags!

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:It's a custom flag ?

If no try with a custom one for be sure http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... xFlags.zip
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Depending on graphic setting, could be a memory issue. UT often auto-compensates for certain problems, like when memory is low and it can't handle certain models it converts player-models to the default Soldier model.

Have you tried being the same distance from the flag but checking it out from different angles?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Post by KeeperUTX »

Something similar happened to me once, but with the player models - they all defaulted to the Soldier model, resulting in their textures (skins) to be slapped onto that very model instead of the one its supposed to be on. Kinda stupid to see a Skaarj Hybrid's face on a soldier's buttocks.

This is almost certainly an issue regarding the memory, as EG said. But if this consistently occurs in CTF-EternalCaves, even if you restart the game and play a different session, then it could be something else. Perhaps some kind of corrupt texture file?
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

KeeperUTX wrote:Something similar happened to me once, but with the player models - they all defaulted to the Soldier model, resulting in their textures (skins) to be slapped onto that very model instead of the one its supposed to be on.
Ironically it was this happening so often back in the day that taught me how to skin the Skaarj Trooper player model.
KeeperUTX wrote:Kinda stupid to see a Skaarj Hybrid's face on a soldier's buttocks.
What any consenting human & skaarj want to do on their own time... I'm not judging.
KeeperUTX wrote:Perhaps some kind of corrupt texture file?
Usually a corrupt texture file doesn't result in invisibility, and more often than not a map won't run when that happens.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758