Win money for playing your favorite game

Discussions about UT99
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Win money for playing your favorite game

Post by Dr.Flay »

This caught my eye the other day, so I thought I better share it.
Team Unlimited
Hey all you unreal tournament players. We're updating our server and have rebuilt the site!

To kick it off, we're starting some new awards for players! We're calling it the "Yo play awards". You can get a prize of your choice worth $25, or $50 value, just by joining the site and playing on our server!

We're giving out up to 9 prizes of $25 and $50 value for the month of December.

Top 3 players by time.
Top 3 players by frags.
Top 3 players by referrals.

<link removed by Feralidragon>
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Re: Win money for playing your favorite game

Post by Feralidragon »

This is plain fishing, or in other words, a 225$ investment from the host to literally buy players into their site and servers.
Well, it doesn't look suspicious so far yet, so best of luck whoever registers and plays there, but I will just be watching from the sidelines and see how far this will go (the bait is deployed, now lets see how much fish will bite it, I am quite curious)...
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

lol, yeah I agree, this is surely a new way to atract players. It will be educating to see how this turns out. Well, since someone wants to throw Money after it the game can't be all dead :tu:

But why isn't this advertized here and elsewhere in the ut community by the crew behind it?
Retired.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I dunno, I lean to think it is just a way to market something but nothing in a bad way.
I see War_Master on the list, man he has been around a long time, mainly MH.
Binary Space Partitioning
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I am going to lock this topic (and also remove the link) given that the guy who created this still wasn't able to reply directly to any of my posts elsewhere about the subject, besides acting immature through the whole thing from that point onwards.
Therefore, legit or not, I won't risk it nor let anyone blame a link exposed here in case it ends up not being so.

There were several ways this could have went, the guy chose poorly every single one of them.
Greed should never be a reason to play UT1 anywhere anyway.