Anticheat development?

Discussions about UT99
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: Anticheat development?

Post by Wises »

just thinking Anths , if youre about.. is there any possibility to combine all features from SCF / AnthChecker / ADV Patch and TF2 etc into the ACe mod.

eliminating the need to load all these separately?

perhaps optional switches within the config for these things?..
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

Wises wrote:just thinking Anths , if youre about.. is there any possibility to combine all features from SCF / AnthChecker / ADV Patch and TF2 etc into the ACe mod.

eliminating the need to load all these separately?

perhaps optional switches within the config for these things?..
ACE, SCF and TF2 can be merged. The adv-patch can't be merged easily since that one replaces Engine.so/dll
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

Hey buddy :)

With your Anthchecker I really liked the way it displayed a few details like renderers etc to console on join
With the displaying of IP though would have beeb good to have only first 2 octets instead of entire.. ie; 192.268.*.*
And perhaps optional (Isp name)

Merging all your important mods into ACE would be a major improvement.
Agreed the adv patch may need to be manual.

Thanks for your on-going efforts to produce quality products and helping to keep UT Alive.

Also.. incase you missed my post on WAN ip issues.. basically need to allow for any WAN ip
Not default one. Which is hardcoded into ACE. This also fixes Endpoint problems in cloud based
Hosts. Which use multiple WAN IP addresses.

Cheers.
anth
Adept

Post by anth »

These are some of the new configurable variables in ACE v0.9:

var config bool bAutoFindWANIp; // Automatically find the WAN ip if the server is behind a NAT router
var config bool bCacheWANIP; // Cache the WAN ip (recommended for servers with a static ip)
var config string WANQueryServer[10]; // Servers to query to find out WAN ip
var config string ForcedWANIP; // Force the WAN ip. This WILL be overridden by the automatically found ip if bAutoFind is enabled
var config string CachedWANIP; // Last known WAN ip
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@paper , can you enable ability to delete post don;t work for me..
Last edited by Wises on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@anths

Thanks for info!

*Just thinking re: TF2 if it would conflict with newnet in any way.. perhaps Timmy could provide feedback on these matters.

Exciting stuff.. we should have a small ACE LOGO competition for a bit of fun

For the new release ^_^
Higor wrote:@Wises, most of those are heuristic checks and may be incompatible with certain mods.
It's still a good way to let admins know if a player accumulates too much 'anticheat heuristic points' during a game, so they can be inspected and screenshotted/evaluated (memory dump on engine binaries and packages, sent to servers, references could be resolved as well).
Just thinking here that perhaps the screenshot/other checks could be automated based on a HP (Heuristic Points) predefined thresh-hold.

So in theory ... normal players HP would be less then say 5-10 (idealy 0)... but a suspect could be > 10HP

A Trigger could be set to request a SS from said player and mem dumps etc.. these mem dumps could be auto forwarded to anth via ACE (As he would know ehat to look for) ..

Based on 3way communication in fact .. client > server > anth , results could also be updated / confirmed faster as a flag could ve set once hack is found ... then when ace reloads the results of dodgy players would be either 1, 2, 3 (True, False, Pending)

This way .. instead of needing to post in forums .. is this etc.. the systems would have the required info based on ^^

Also anths would only need to set the flag once with a bit of info.. on what it is.. X22.blah and all servers would be instantly updated with latest info.

Perhaps..

So to clarify above methodologies <sp> ..

3 way communication..

~Client
~Server
~Security checking server (anth) SCS

Instead of old method.. possible cheat detected .. post to forums .. etc
> possible cheat detected > upload info to SCS > set flag to pending.
or.. if already confirmed ..
< Return confirmation info to server admin

SCS confirms instance and all servers are alerted instantly without need to go posting logs.

Also on that note there could be.. an option for instant blocking of any/all clients that have returned positive.
With whitelisting feature of course.. or some kind of 2nd chance system.

This way.. if player X gets caught using Hack on sny server running ACE.. then all servers could be alerted to thus player
And have the choice to alloe/forbid player X from entering. Perhaps alerting that player to visit original source servers website for debate.

Edit: re multiple platform support .. wouldn't java be a better alternative?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Aren't you the same guy who wants to take screenshots of spectators? I'm wondering if you will retract that statement before making suggestions. Looking at the many snaps I have of myself multi-tasking and all the sensitive information I can view while alt-tabbed. If that's from me playing I have chills on my spine thinking of a spectator doing something that overlaps their UT screen
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

@ anths re:WAN IP DETECTION
I've been failing to get ACE works and any visitor is kicked for "Check TimeOut" shortly after joinning game. With feedback from my mate, he reports ACE got stuck on connecting to TCP 100.100.1.2:7778 on the clientside. To my dismay, 100.100.1.2 is my server's LAN IP. So ACE did not get my server’s WAN IP.

It happens that my server provider use a LAN IP different from 192.168.1.1/24, but rather 100.100.1.1/24.
After throughout testing, I have strong reason to believe that ACE would only recognize IP with 192.168.X.X as devices behind a NAT.
If your host has other IP, then it’ll take it as WAN, and ignore relevant settings.
i.e. It will not bother checking any of "WANQueryServer[0]=blabla" to get the WAN IP.
I’ve also tried setting "bAutoFindWANIp=False", "ForcedWANIP=100.100.1.2", "WANQueryServer[0]=", in hope of ACE using ForcedWANIP when there's no query server on top of above settings, with no luck.
It doesn't use "CachedWANIP=100.100.1.2" after I've set "bCacheWANIP=True" either.

Is there any way to bypass this limitation or will an update address this issue?
I think if the system itself had direct communication between an intermediary service which anths could provide or is providing (ace updates).. it would allow admins to focus on keeping servers clean.. without needing to also decypher technical jargon which only makes sense to the elite (s).

Therefore automating the process almost entirely... and not relying on Admins to have to post .log's to forums.. ;)

Now re: specs ... no problem with them.. unless ofc they were banned for being dipshits.. then yes.. problem.

Resolution to this... check 'specs' and ippolicies them so they can't come back and distract server anymore ... imo
Last edited by Wises on Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I have no qualms playing on Linux, although I can say the majority don't and wouldn't know how. I'm safe from this screenshot abuse already, but I have seen the effects of it and people should be aware of this. Finally I want to say

@Anth I believe I am the only person to date to have tested the dll install of nploader with custom dlls and it beats the old method of having them 'favorite' a server because of the required game restart. This method wins hands down and you deserve some credit for that. Even though nobody has made use of it to date. When you had the nploader in mind you made it capable of multiple file installs, and no doubt some thoughts on expanding it's use even more, maybe a warning when a DLL was going to be used for example. I suppose my main qualm is being an admin of servers and seeing the potential for abuse that could happen, and the distrust from players. I don't think I would have to look hard to see abuse of the HWIDs over the internet on forums related to UT. All I would need to do is post a few logs out and blow-arse and troll and I would turn people away from the game, away from servers, maybe mess up their own computer in the process, think more about their privacy, think about buying cheat software Etc. Not that I would do that but there is potential for abuse in not having the client accept each time. Saying that, you don't debate in forums from what I can see, and nobody has backed either side. So I will leave the issue and let you get on with making it to how you see fit for the game and community etc