Discussions about UT99
Pileyrei
Masterful
Personal rank: UT Survivor

Re: A nice UT link

Post by Pileyrei »

Wow, didn't realise the attention this would create :D

Added 333networks to the title.

Mods - Please do whatever you like with the thread....edit, sticky, whatever :tu:

Pileyrei

Our Server

[donate][/donate]
Donate to UT99.org!
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
Darkelarious wrote: The map screenshots are a known problem-- I have a folder with 536 map thumbnails. They are community-provided, once in a while somebody sends me a zip with new map thumbs, in the hope to keep my list sort-of up to date. The picture is selected based on a full match on the mapname (not to be confused with maptitle).
You sure about this? I've looked over the source and it looks like you've got this wrong. Like I said the localized "Morpeus" returns b/s/images/thumbnails/DM-Morpheus.jpg and when "Morfeo" it returns b/s/images/thumbnails/DM-Morpheus2.jpg. Both the php server query it was based off and gametracker use the correct variable to set the thumbnail regardless of the language of the server
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

papercoffee wrote:Pileyrei made this thread he has to decide. :wink:
There is no need for that. Besides, he wanted to share a link and got a positive response. As did I,since I wrote the site in question. I think I'll make a new thread about 333networks and our occupations when I have a newer site version ready.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Darkelarious wrote:
papercoffee wrote:Pileyrei made this thread he has to decide. :wink:
There is no need for that.
Too late, he renamed it already :mrgreen:
Darkelarious
Skilled

Re: A nice UT link - 333networks

Post by Darkelarious »

Yeah. I did not realize that my bookmark only went to the first page. And I was wondering why the thread suddenly fell silent. Ah well.
Pileyrei wrote:Wow, didn't realise the attention this would create :D

Added 333networks to the title.

Mods - Please do whatever you like with the thread....edit, sticky, whatever :tu:

Pileyrei
Sweet, thanks!
billybill wrote:You sure about this? I've looked over the source and it looks like you've got this wrong. Like I said the localized "Morpeus" returns b/s/images/thumbnails/DM-Morpheus.jpg and when "Morfeo" it returns b/s/images/thumbnails/DM-Morpheus2.jpg. Both the php server query it was based off and gametracker use the correct variable to set the thumbnail regardless of the language of the server
I think I know where the problem in that is. I'll update my regexes when I get back home. I probably thought that I matched exact names, but only matched the exact *start* of the name. Do you have a link to that server for me to see if it matches correctly when I fix it?

Also, I'm getting ready to swap the old MasterServer for the new one, to see if everything functions correctly. I'll post about that on 333networks.com soon too.
--Darkelarious
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:68.232.164.64:7778 Spanish server

I haven't checked other languages, but be aware of French, Italian, Russian, Hungarian. I believe that covers all the official ones. It still sounds like you are using the wrong variable, I have no idea why you would deviate from the map's 'file name' to use the 'localized string' name for the map screenshots
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

billybill wrote:I have no idea why you would deviate from the map's 'file name' to use the 'localized string' name for the map screenshots
I do not. I made a mistake with the regex, as I suspected. Instead of matching the full mapname, I matched only the mapname plus any characters behind it. After that, it's the default sorting of my mapthumb folder that determines which screenshot is shown on the side. Naturally, we want that turned into "only show the picture if it matches the exact mapname".

So

Code: Select all

m/\Q$o{name}\E./i
should have been

m/^\Q$o{name}\E\.(gif|jpeg|jpg|png)$/i
However, the IP said above does not work for me-- it is not in my database, nor can I connect to it. I guess testing it on your said map image will have to wait.
--Darkelarious
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Sorry temp downtime, keep checking back after like 12 hours. I switched over the query reply with a new one which obviously doesn't work. We do all bans and other admin commands by UDP

Sounds like you fixed it anyway. But yeah like I said it wouldn't make much sense given all the different languages and work you'd have to do to support localized map titles :tu:
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

And we have a visual! :highfive:

http://dev.333networks.com/ut/68.232.164.64:7778

I did not know that map names and skin names were translated in UT's different languages. Though, it does not change much, given above observations/conclusions. Eitherway, now let the map thumbs come in!
--Darkelarious
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:The Morfeo bug still exists unfortunately

I was working on an int generator(translator) script at one point that would generate new files in any google translate language. I completed it but have yet to put it onto server. I imagine some of the translations would be off and a native speaker would need to go over the files

Anyway, I wanted to mention something else, and this probably doesn't come under category of 'bug':

you have on the left
servers 780
players 383
But that is not totally accurate since you are counting bots. A lot of servers send the bots in the query response, they mark it as "bot" in the ngstats field. There's not really a need to check for a "0" ping as the query object is designed to send that response in that field by default if they do try and send bot details. Gametracker have seemed to have picked up on all this to get more accurate stats

[If you wanted to show 'spectators' on your site seperate from players and bots you would need to check their mesh which *IS* localized. However, since spectators shouldn't show up in the overall player count then this is all irrelevant. Not sure how Gametracker does this, but no servers are sending bots without them included in the total so equation TOTAL-BOTS=Realplayers would work]

an example of the bot/player return below. (all returned on a \status\ or \players\ query)

"ngsecret_0\true" indicates a player
"ngsecret_0\false" indicates a player
"ngsecret_0\bot" indicates a bot
the 0 of course is the playerID

This would of course require some major html and query script changes. Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

billybill wrote:The Morfeo bug still exists unfortunately
Now I am not really sure what you consider to be the bug: the mapthumb filename is an exact match of the map name (filename) from query. The map title is shown right under the map image. Are we talking about the map title displaying "Morpheo" instead of "Morpheus"? If it is the server responding with that title in the query, then in my definition the site is working correct, as the server submitted this data.

Or is it the wrong image being displayed? In that case, what was the map filename, map title and (link to) the correct screenshot?

The bot part, I was wondering about that already-- I noticed that when developing for UTDemo, that I never saw any bots in my server statistics. Recently, when I was debugging/testing my new RealWeapons server (click!), I was playing several bots, yet it only shows me in the server, alone, without additional players or bots.
billybill wrote: "ngsecret_0\true" indicates a player
"ngsecret_0\false" indicates a player
"ngsecret_0\bot" indicates a bot
the 0 of course is the playerID
When I went over this data, I did a number of queries to see how many of the players shown are actually bots. So far, the ngsecret_$i only returned true and false, but none of them "bot". In my database, none of them returns the value "bot" either, only "true" or "false". For example: the server EXTREME EDITION has 16 bots ("minplayers" field, value 16), but at the moment that I viewed it, only myself as player. It however only claims to have 1 player (me) in the query.

Additionally, in the playerinfo, I only see myself, but none of the 15 other bots in the game, that are shooting at me while I type. It shows this no bots in both the UBrowsers and 333networks. I do not have any checks on the site to look for ping > 0 or other checks to make sure the player is in fact a real player.

I guess the numbers are correct after all. There is one BUT in this story; some servers managed to manipulate the numplayer data and respond in their queries with fake players -- these players are just randomly generated and added to the query string, tricking a new player into joining a full server. In reality, the server is empty. Neither 333networks nor the Ubrowser can detect these players, other than joining the server and visually counting the actual amount of players walking around.

If we want bots to be shown on the site, I am sure we can get that to work (also answering your PM), but I doubt that that was the point of what you were saying.

Upcoming weekend I intend to replace the current site for its newer self, I will make sure to share the source code online later as well.
--Darkelarious
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:ohh it's fixed now, you applied the update after I last checked I guess :gj:

With the bots, I'm merely saying your numbers of "players" are inaccurate when you are counting bots in the total player stats of the site, gametracker nicely take it from the total of players on the server as well. here's an example server for you http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 2.25:7777/ . Once again I don't think this is extremely important unless you want accurate stats like player numbers.
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

billybill wrote:here's an example server for you http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ ... 2.25:7777/
Interesting-- some servers do return the "bot" value, other servers do not send it at all. Marked for update where servers do have it.
Any idea why some servers do send this info, and others not? Different query mutator?
--Darkelarious
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:You mean they have a 0 ping and the 'ngsecret' parameter isn't even sent? Interesting, I don't know what it is stopping that from being sent, if it's only on a couple servers then it's a custom, if it's on a lot of servers then it's a public mod which I've never seen before. The default code suggests it is always sent

if( P.PlayerReplicationInfo.bIsABot )
		ResultSet = ResultSet$"\\ngsecret_"$PlayerNum$"\\bot";
	else
	if( P.ReceivedSecretChecksum )
		ResultSet = ResultSet$"\\ngsecret_"$PlayerNum$"\\true";
	else
		ResultSet = ResultSet$"\\ngsecret_"$PlayerNum$"\\false";
	return ResultSet;
Regular UBrowser should show this parameter. There are UBrowsers where it doesn't show: I can't see it on one of my UT installs, I believe this it's Eavy's server browser. Not sure on 'xbrowser'
Darkelarious
Skilled

Post by Darkelarious »

And the results are in!

So far there are <s>two</s> three servers that show the property "ngsecret = bot":

Nueva Novatos{NoReglas}
!SX! **$niper-Free$tyle** {CAMPER/FREESTYLE} [[[NO RULES]]] ~NO WIMPS!~
{dFb} Sniper/Freestyle Server - UK

I don't doubt that there may be (a few) more. One needs players to be able to start a match and to spawn bots, both at a moment that 333networks registers them while I am reading through the database. At this moment, above servers both show the following information (reduced to 1 entry per server).

45  | Archon   |  255 |     6 | Comando (varón)  | CommandoSkins.cmdo              | CommandoSkins.Blake                 |    0 | bot      |
166 | rodent   |  255 |     0 | Male Soldier     | SoldierSkins_Assassin.flyn.asss | SoldierSkins_Assassin.flyn.Headshot |    0 | bot      |
358 | Liche    |    0 |     0 | Male Commando    | CommandoSkins.daco              | CommandoSkins.Ramirez               |    0 | bot      |
Here we see the server ID (in the 333networks database), name, team, frags, class, skin, face, ping and ngsecret. Since only three out of eight hundred servers show bots this way, I expect a custom serveractor. If the admins of the servers read this topic, I gladly invite them here to tell more about how they advertise bots in the server.
--Darkelarious