UT Chicken version

Discussions about UT99
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Re: UT Chicken version

Post by KeeperUTX »

Feralidragon wrote:Just to inform that I split the topic since the offtopic going on there almost filled a page.
Having that said, do you guys know Legend of Zelda? One of the things that characterized it was the fact that if you tried to attack and hurt chickens, they would eventually all attack you back massively, and they are invulnerable. Good times, and maybe a similar mod for UT could be done. :lol2:

Bit of a bump but I don't think anyone will explode.

Yeah, I remember LoZ, especially Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I tried to hit the chickens out of pure curiousity. Paid an arm and a heart (or three) for it. I've been considering whether or not to fire up an emulator to play them again.

And hey, do you recall Majora's Moon? The thing has a freakin' face.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I'm a great LoZ fan, and I played a lot of its games (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, a bit of Twilight Princess (I still didn't have time to got from start to finish with that one)).
And the chickens bit was always something that cracked me up and remained through most LoZ games. If you try it in Oracle of Ages though, is far more aggressive (you get attacked by dozens of chickens coming from everywhere until your life is fully depleted, wicked stuff, hence wondering if someone made something similar for UT, maybe for MH maps so you have something you literally should avoid hurting).
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Feralidragon wrote:...hence wondering if someone made something similar for UT, maybe for MH maps so you have something you literally should avoid hurting).
Well there are birds ...maybe a Hitchcock's "The Birds" mod/mutator? :mrgreen:
KeeperUTX
Skilled
Personal rank: Eevee will kill you.

Post by KeeperUTX »

Feralidragon wrote:I'm a great LoZ fan, and I played a lot of its games (Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, a bit of Twilight Princess (I still didn't have time to got from start to finish with that one)).
And the chickens bit was always something that cracked me up and remained through most LoZ games. If you try it in Oracle of Ages though, is far more aggressive (you get attacked by dozens of chickens coming from everywhere until your life is fully depleted, wicked stuff, hence wondering if someone made something similar for UT, maybe for MH maps so you have something you literally should avoid hurting).
IMO Twilight Princess has the most "mature" character designs out of all the games. The most recent one, Skyward Sword, comes pretty damn close but nope. Although the final boss looks totally badass. Whatshisname, Demise or something?

And yeah, it'd be hilarious to get pecked apart by chickens and then see your death message in the console:

Xan got styled upon by a horde of chickens. Ironic.
Image This is Eevee, a ferocious creature that never relents in tracking its meal. It will lead you to ruin, and when it does, it will finish you.
The way it bobs its head lefty-righty? It's just cracking it's neck so it can get a better grip on you with its jaws.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Feralidragon wrote:dozens of chickens coming from everywhere until your life is fully depleted, wicked stuff, hence wondering if someone made something similar for UT, maybe for MH maps so you have something you literally should avoid hurting).
That would just make me attack them more. Just think about it...

...insane killer chickens vs NW3!

They can't be worse than those 2-legged reptile predators. Dozens of them are lethal.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
Wises wrote:So.. the chicken thing ... is not a mod with chickens but another UT rip ?

I thought that it was some chicken mod...

What happened the actual link of the chicken that the images above are from? Why was that linked removed as well? He did a search on his site for chicken, came up with 'chickens ut' and 'chase the chicken' or whatever. Was this n*** mod or what? lol
Last edited by UT99.org on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:
Wises wrote:So.. the chicken thing ... is not a mod with chickens but another UT rip ?

I thought that it was some chicken mod...

What happened the actual link of the chicken that the images above are from? Why was that linked removed as well? He did a search on his site for chicken, came up with 'chickens ut' and 'chase the chicken' or whatever. Was this nazi mod or what? lol
I was not checking both links ...was only reacting to the complains. sorry.
The first link is working again.

btw ...it wasn't deleted just disabled.
Oh ...and please refrain from any nazi comparisons. Most Germans react sensitive to this matter.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:lol no problem I will have a look for it. By the way, someone on my ignore list just PMed me the deleted link of chicken edition. Why do I still get the messages of people on my ignore list GRRR

and this is off-topic but because you mentioned it, is the swistica banned on this site? I believe it is banned in germany even for hindus. The term 'Nazi mod' gets thrown around on forums everywhere as well as twitch streams. Generally meaning the mod went too far.

I'm surprised someone being offended by it like that.

So, we just got this new south park game and unfortunately because of countries like Australia and Germany, Ubisoft has been lazy and made ALL PAL versions cut down censored versions. I'm just wondering if you approve this sort of thing, since it has effected other regions. This whole question might be a tad stupid since UT is banned in Germany and here I am presumably on a German hosted UT forum
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

I'm not offended by it ...but I got it in the wrong throat. And other German user could also get it wrong and can be offended.

Yes the Swastika is banned here on UT99.org, as are all nazi-symbols.
Also...
House Rules wrote:5. Leave politics outside please. Here we want to exchange experiences. That is primarily an appeal to you, but experiences revealed that political threads heat-up the emotions and the climate of public opinion suffers heavily.
Your Ignore list is ...I have no clue :noidea maybe a bug. You should contact Shade regarding this problem.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Sorry, I had no idea I was talking politics when I asked if you agree south park should be censored. I meant it as irony, like do you agree with the extreme censorship, like banning UT and the like

Sure the forum is German, so as everything German needs 'cleaning up of swastikas censorship'. Other places like India it's a symbol of peace. We all accept this is the way it is, and it's up to the Germans if that's every to change

This game I'm talking about, is censored in most of the world because of 'how the people of two countries _might_' react'. (Yes I know a lot of people are against it... I get to that)

That seems a step too far for me when the publisher gets lazy and punishes everyone else. We get angry at those countries and the publisher.

But I can see you guys here are possibly part of the uncensor movement (I made that term up), what you are doing hosting this site is protesting the censorship of UT in Germany. Let's hope there are more like you so we all don't end up with a UT4 with full censorship or a flat out ban. As it stands it wouldn't even be worth the publisher's investment to put out something that noone will buy because of censorship

/end rant. You can put into a new thread if you like
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:Yes the Swastika is banned here on UT99.org, as are all nazi-symbols.
Which i am very glad of, though it exists. Given their are those that have a leaning towards that sort of thing i've been glad that such minded types haven't made any skins... that I've seen anyway but I'm fairly well versed in all existing skins.

There is a complete modification for UT that's set in WW2 for ut99, behind enemy lines. I mostly grabbed it for a better range of textures & maps I could convert... and regrettably that thing-a-mabob is in there too. I just don't use it.
billybill wrote:Other places like India it's a symbol of peace.
Not exactly. They symbol is a Hindu sign of luck but the n***'s flipped it around the other direction when they used it. Their boss H*****'s rumors he had a thing for occult symbols was right on the nose, he grabbed a lot of the symbolism his forces used during WW2 from various religions around Europe, Asia, and the surrounding regions.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Well I've heard many times my grand father did later die from injuries sustained in Italy against the Nazis. But I wish people wouldn't censor it because I don't know what the hell they're saying. Maybe I shouldn't have edited it and put the *'s in

I'm glad we agree about about the swastika. It says you are not from Germany, so you wouldn't censor the religious one that is not turned on it's side I'd hope

And for starting of this whole thing, I really apologize, I had no idea some Germans were so sensitive about this. 'grammar nazi', 'spelling nazi', 'nazi mod', the word has have taken on a new meaning. However if I were to call someone a straight 'Nazi' and capitalized the N then it would be much different
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

WTH? How I made that topic? I don't remember for that... :D
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:
ASLYE702 wrote:WTH? How I made that topic? I don't remember for that... :D
So you have sown the bazaar :loool:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:One of my points got lost there, and that is that many people here use phrases like "I thought we won two world wars to HAVE freedom and say what we want WITHOUT censorship". May not be the most informed or correct statement but it does sum up the way most people feel.