Global Unreal

Discussions about UT99
Lobotomizer
Novice

Global Unreal

Post by Lobotomizer »

since you have decided to lock the thread then how can I prove the modifications? well heres one thing you can do try the 9c then try a newnet server with 9c tim tim has made it will have a version mismatch would that be enough to show you it is a different version?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Global Unreal

Post by papercoffee »

Lobotomizer wrote:since you have decided to lock the thread then how can I prove the modifications? well heres one thing you can do try the 9c then try a newnet server with 9c tim tim has made it will have a version mismatch would that be enough to show you it is a different version?
when it's a miss match ...then it's the same name. Why would you name your own version the same like TimTim did?
Oh and you could provide a download with information about your fixes and changes in the "Report new Downloads" section.
It's that simple.

And stop ranting about other members ...keep it out of public and use the PM system.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

As far as it's established and deemed as a fact, TimTim is the owner of the mod. So from there, I have no idea what you're trying to prove or achieve, and whatever TimTim does or plans to do with his mod or his services, is completely up to him either you like it or not, and this forum is no place to debate it.

So, unless you actually have something relevant to post about other than rips from his work and conspiracy theories, is best to do as Paper suggested and use the PM system to communicate to whoever you personally deem relevant for that kind of conversation.

Other than that, when a moderator closes the thread, you don't open a new one. If you have something to discuss about it, you should PM us first.
Tip: Entering a forum just to start a drama with the very first post, to then have the topic closed and open another one about the same thing, isn't exactly positive for a good first impression towards the community. You just started with your wrong foot here.
Lobotomizer
Novice

Post by Lobotomizer »

I will just say this you have to be careful what you name things now adays as NewNet the name is not owned by TimTim google it...
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Labotomizer, you seem unwilling to reflect upon your behavior.

Your initial post (in the locked thread) was to call out Tim_Tim on a beef that had nothing to do with this forum...you just wanted to complain. You (apparently) registered here with that intention. Wrong #1.

Then, in your next post, you linked to files that had been turned over to Tim_Tim to work on. This was done only to upset Tim_Tim; regardless of who owned the files, he was entrusted with them...it was not your place to post them. As I said, you did it only to make him angry. Wrongs #2 and #3.

Now, after a warning and a locked thread, you open another on the same topic, this time also involving the mods as targets of your ire. Wrongs #4 and #5.

Finally, you claim that Tim_Tim isn't the 'owner' of the mod (which is irrelevant, as he has been charged with its development, not you) and again, target the mods as wrongdoers. Wrongs #6 and #7.

We always welcome more into the community, but not just to whine and complain. I'm sure we all wish you to enjoy your time here, but it is probably in your best interest to stop this pettiness. :tu:
Lobotomizer
Novice

Post by Lobotomizer »

Are you still going on Carbon? I have moved on shouldn't you do the same? and also its Lobotomizer BTW.....
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Sorry about the typo and no, I am done with you.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Lobotomizer wrote:I will just say this you have to be careful what you name things now adays as NewNet the name is not owned by TimTim google it...
So what? If you google it, there are a ton of different "NewNet" entities which are completely unrelated to the mod, and I doubt any of them is truly a registered trademark or they would be all suing each others over it.
The "NewNet" we know, "UT NewNet" is owned by TimTim, and that's all that is relevant here. And if there was a problem with the naming convention, the one who would have to worry about it is TimTim himself and not you nor me.

Anyway, if you came here with the only intent to start a drama around NewNet and TimTim, and you don't even have any solid or even logical arguments for it, then don't bother to post anything more (doing so may in fact shorten your stay here). We at ut99.org do not support personal vendettas.
Feel free however to post about other UT related things, so take this chance to do so or to not do anything at all.
Lobotomizer
Novice

Post by Lobotomizer »

NewNet was developed in UT2k4 read up! then it was idealized to migrate it to ut99 follow the links Unrealkings was going to develop this which is no longer around. The idea and beginning work has been around since before TimTim. Anyways I am not going to bash newnet or timtim anymore as we have resolved our issues.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Say, Lobo... wise up.
I missed the other thread completely, only got to go by you what I see in this one, but it's clear that people that have been here a bit asked you to stop doing certain things... and you just keep on doing them.

You don't like discussions of ownership of things? Fine, but clearly people here do so stop beating your head against a wall arguing something that isn't helping your case.

You want positive results? Stop doing the same bad thing repeatedly. You'll get nothing accomplished but more drama, which seems more your goal than anything UT related.

Just a thought.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Lobotomizer
Novice

Post by Lobotomizer »

Did you read EvilGrins? I already said and I quote "I am not going to bash newnet or timtim anymore as we have resolved our issues" I am done here...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Lobotomizer wrote:Did you read EvilGrins?
I did not. You see, I can't read.

Can't type either.
I'm not really here.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758