Any photoshop wizards here?

Discussions about UT99
rsbloom44
Experienced

Any photoshop wizards here?

Post by rsbloom44 »

I'm trying to center my cross hair right smack in the middle, but no matter what I do the 1px square always snaps to the four squares surrounding the center. Here is a picture to show what I mean

I want it in the center (like the red square) the dots are to show where it snaps into place. No matter what I can't seem to get it in that spot, I think it has something to do with the grid.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Any photoshop wizards here?

Post by papercoffee »

Is this really a one pixel thingy?
If yes then its usually impossible ...but you can try the transformation tool.
Make this dot on a separate layer ...the press strg+T ...a frame will now surround this dot and a center will be shown.
click on your dot and move it to the guide lines ...don't touch the frame itself or the center spot.
After that press enter.

But I doubt that it will work because a pixel is a pixel ...you can't make half pixels.

I would suggest that you make your dot out of 4 pixel in a square. Then you will get a physical center which can snap to the guides.
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

Yeah it's 1px, just super zoomed in. I tried the transformation tool, for some reason the color changes to greyish and is not really visible like it disappears. 4 pixel squares would work, but on 1080p it's rather large. I took a look at quite a few 'centered' crosshairs and they all just seem to be 1px squares in either of the 4 squares. Thanks for your suggestion though, you might be right about it being impossible.
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

Maybe better use program kinda corel draw for such dimensions?
What exactly you need?
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:It's UT :loool:

WMUTxhair is not a simple pack of Crosshair.
As some of you know, designers UT is misplaced the "HUD class" by moving the crosshair of a few pixels. "It only visible for players with weapons." This problem of aiming accuracy can be solved by this patch .. The positioning of the viewfinder will be changed in the texture itself.

If you play with your weapon accuracy is visible no more. And it is strongly recommended that you install this hotfix. http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfi ... Txhair.zip
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

I was thinking of trying out gimp. I just need the white square to be in the dead centered at 1px.

Here is a comparison of each crosshair.
For reference the teal lines just indicate the exact center(it's just really zoomed in on the other pics)

This is the default UT dot

Here is TimTim2x2 centered dot

WMUTxhair Right handed dot

This is what I believe to be the most accurate
Tim-_-
Average

Post by Tim-_- »

rsbloom44 wrote: Here is TimTim2x2 centered dot
That crosshair is slightly below the center because for whatever reason, Epic coded the shock/instagib rifles in a way that causes the trace (shock beam and hit registration) to land slightly below the true center. I haven't really looked into the real reason for this, so I couldn't tell you exactly why off the top of my head, but I have adjusted the sniper rifle's trace to match the shock's, as the default sniper's bullets actually land slightly above the true center.
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

Interesting, I never took into consideration actual bullet registration. Just from a photoshop standpoint it seems off, but I guess it's not the case.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

But as you can see ...all the dots are consist of minimum 4 pixel.
You can't put a single pixel in the center of a picture which dimension can be divided by 2 ...
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Have you looked at candyman's dot?
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

yeah, it's the same as neo's dot, which is 1px to the lower right square
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

In photoshop turn snapping off I think its toolbar > window > snapping > off (something like that)
rsbloom44
Experienced

Post by rsbloom44 »

Couldn't find that, are you talking about under preferences there is an option called snap vector tools and transforms to pixel grid? I think paper is right about it not being doable. It kind of sucks that you can't make 0.5 pixels.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Wises wrote:In photoshop turn snapping off I think its toolbar > window > snapping > off (something like that)
I don't have that either. Specificity which version btw.
I have PS CS5.

On topic:
I've tried doing the same as well, but I couldn't get it to fix in the mid as well. As far for having half the pixels but I end up filling all 4 pix in each corner, not gonna go anywhere lol.
I just wanted a itty bitty xhair... haha.

Candyman's dot has been fine for me. I just wish it animate like the other xhair, rainbow colors. Don't like looking at the light background and can't see xhair.
I still use the color green. :D