Delay and how to fix it.

Discussions about UT99
bones9965
Novice

Delay and how to fix it.

Post by bones9965 »

Their is a server I like but it keeps kicking me because my delay is too low. Says it needs to be 80 and mine is like 30. I have re installed UT. No one seems to know what the heck it is and how I can fix it. No admin email for the server. Does anybody know what the hell it is? I have a great ping there would that just be the cause?
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Delay and how to fix it.

Post by papercoffee »

I think you mean a high ping, right?
maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

This problem is called crappy admins.. Are you trying to play on Party Central, El Dorado, or some other server with Spanish interface? That's probably one of the servers run by an admin who abuses his power by kicking people that are better players than him. He usually lists low delay as a "problem" that the player has, even though high delay is actually the problem - it's ping that the admin calls delay. So basically you can pretend to be a noob and have higher ping and then you won't be kicked. (If you really want to put yourself at a disadvantage and manually simulate higher "delay", you can right click your UT shortcut, click properties, and at the end of the "Location" string put -pktlag=60. I don't remember but the 60 might have to be in quotes. NOTE THAT THIS WILL RAISE YOUR PING BY 60MS ON ALL SERVERS, so if you need it undone just delete the -pktlag=60.) But the best solution is just to find a different server.

Also, don't quote me on this but I think the admin of those servers might be user of this forum "billybill". So if you're banned maybe you can contact him. I'm not sure though.
Last edited by maximdymok on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:What ip server ?
bones9965
Novice

Post by bones9965 »

papercoffee wrote:I think you mean a high ping, right?
My ping is like 10 there, maybe I have a killer ping is a better way to say it. :tu: They dont ban me its just set to kick people off with a "delay" under 80. I also think its correct to say these guys hate my awesome ping and its best to move on. The server is at 192.210.143.221
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

bones9965 wrote:
papercoffee wrote:I think you mean a high ping, right?
My ping is like 10 there
:shock: ...I got kicked because I had an awful ping but never vice versa. You should consider to change to another server.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

medor wrote:It's here http://oceaniaut.com/
maximdymok
Experienced

Post by maximdymok »

medor wrote:It's here http://oceaniaut.com/
Read the server rules, stupidest things I've ever heard. Apparently if you have low ping, you are "delay cheating". And you can't have a name without vowels :roll:
*Kr!D_o)
Average

Post by *Kr!D_o) »

hey bones. did you use to play with the LP clan a few years back? maybe around 08??
bones9965
Novice

Post by bones9965 »

I played for the RIIP guys, KFH and I think thats it. Been a a few years since I played regularly. Back to the wackos at Oceanwhatever.. I found another one of their servers where I pinged about 90. They used to require a ping no better than 80. Admins are total douche bags and after I explained that I played on one of their servers where my ping was over 80 they just raised it to 100 then 140. They keep saying a low "delay" is cheating and just keep raising it higher and higher. Then I told them to F off and moved on. Not many good ole regular UT servers. I did like the servers and I never play anywhere where my ping is over about 110 or so.. not much fun being slaughtered by guys with a 35. lol.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

OMG, wtf is that? People really act like these? Can't believe that.

Just play somewhere else? :)

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Post by Hellkeeper »

It's nice to see we're not running out of douchebagery.
You must construct additional pylons.
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I guess the next thing to ban are sniper headshots, after all a sniper headshot does a lot more damage than a normal body shot, and are henceforth "cheating" too... :ironic:
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Are people really ridiculing this? You are putting it on par with things like "let's ban players who have good mouses"? It's really not. Why do NewNet or zero-ping exist? This is more like anti-tweak, anti-fireadjust, anti netspeed-change, they exist to stop people using unfair advantages that they can help. Only, we took the decision that it's enforced and anyone who doesn't attempt to join with higher than that number is kicked with an info message, then they can add the delay to their command-line and try and rejoin. Far better than messing with their connection, I'm sure we could try something experimental that changes the playerpawn's Timedilation and then give them a scoreboard ping to match their simulated delay if need-be. But, it's un-tested! Therefor it is correct to keep it off servers where people might stumble into it not prepared. The huge majority of players either join with command-line simulated lag or live far enough from the server to not have to worry, it's only an issue to players who make it an issue. Going back a moment though, NewNet's code could have some clues to simulating an enforced delay instead of always forcing 0 milliseconds. It IS how we old-timers know the game and remember our dial-up days on well setup servers that match those settings
RocketJedi
Inhuman
Personal rank: I.T Master

Post by RocketJedi »

billybill wrote:Are people really ridiculing this? You are putting it on par with things like "let's ban players who have good mouses"? It's really not. Why do NewNet or zero-ping exist? This is more like anti-tweak, anti-fireadjust, anti netspeed-change, they exist to stop people using unfair advantages that they can help. Only, we took the decision that it's enforced and anyone who doesn't attempt to join with higher than that number is kicked with an info message, then they can add the delay to their command-line and try and rejoin. Far better than messing with their connection, I'm sure we could try something experimental that changes the playerpawn's Timedilation and then give them a scoreboard ping to match their simulated delay if need-be. But, it's un-tested! Therefor it is correct to keep it off servers where people might stumble into it not prepared. The huge majority of players either join with command-line simulated lag or live far enough from the server to not have to worry, it's only an issue to players who make it an issue. Going back a moment though, NewNet's code could have some clues to simulating an enforced delay instead of always forcing 0 milliseconds. It IS how we old-timers know the game and remember our dial-up days on well setup servers that match those settings
your joking right?
https://www.vulpinemission.com
Image ROCKET-X8 Server
Image MONSTERHUNT w/ NALI WEAPONS 3 + RX8
Image BUNNYTRACK NY
Image SNIPER DEATHMATCH
Image InstaGib + ComboGib + Jailbreak
Image ROSEBUM ROCKET-X RB