Redeemer Explosion Texture

Discussions about UT99
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

I'm just making tweaks for fun, for myself. I re-textured the Shock Rifle Explosion. Now I want to re-texture the Redeemer Explosion.
Somebody can tell for me where I can find that effect in the Actor properties, or how call that Redeemer Explosion?

Shock Rifle Explosion Texture

Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Re: Redeemer Explosion Texture

Post by Torax »

Looks nice)
The Redeemer explosion called "ShockWave" or something like this. Search in "Effects" tab.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

@ASLYE
Your Redeemer skin looks great ...how did you do this?
Or might to share the skin with us?
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

That skin is just the environment map of the standard skin
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Shadow wrote:That skin is just the environment map of the standard skin
I know, but how can I activate this as skin for a weapon? :noidea
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Post by Shadow »

Simply set bMeshEnviroMap=true and set the skin with the "Texture" variable
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

papercoffee wrote:@ASLYE
Your Redeemer skin looks great ...how did you do this?
Or might to share the skin with us?
Shadow say it right.
Papercoffe, make a simple file and open with a text document, and copy this:

Code: Select all

SET UT_FLAKCANNON BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET ENFORCER BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET MINIGUN2 BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET IMPACTHAMMER BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET PULSEGUN BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET RIPPER BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET SHOCKRIFLE BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET SNIPERRIFLE BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET TRANSLOCATOR BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET UT_BIORIFLE BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET UT_EIGHTBALL BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
SET WARHEADLAUNCHER BMESHENVIROMAP TRUE
After add a name for the file, and put in to your UT \System folder. In the game type to the console: EXEC (FILENAME) ~ Enter
Anyway coffe, do you interested more tweak like this? If yes I can make a new topic and share with everyone. :tu:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Torax wrote:Looks nice)
The Redeemer explosion called "ShockWave" or something like this. Search in "Effects" tab.
Torax, I try ShockWave but still don't work. This two command doesn't work. :(

Code: Select all

SET SHOCKWAVE SKIN (TEXTURENAME)
SET SHOCKWAVE TEXTURE (TEXTURENAME)
Torax
Adept
Personal rank: Master of Coop

Post by Torax »

That's because if you want change default texture of mesh and don't want to set it to bMeshEnviroMap, you must change it's multiskins.

In editor, open "Display" tab in defaultproperties of class 'ShockWave' and then open tab "MultiSkins".
Usually for meshes with one simple texture, to change their default texture, you must set one of first multiskins (under number 0 or 1). If it will have no effect try all multiskins slots - from 0 to 7. Probably you will find slot which affects default texture.
Unreal. Alter your reality..forever...
Spectra
Masterful
Personal rank: Nullified!

Post by Spectra »

I remember I made my own custom ShockWave with custom texture applied to it for my Atomic Launcher from my WOT mod.
This is the custom simple Atomic ShockWave.
But here I didn't use those text file method. I simply created a new class and imported the custom texture over there and multiskinned it, compiled it and done.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For MultiSkins, UT mainly concentrates on Number 1 mostly, but not always. But Unreal1 weapons and effects, they mainly use Number 0.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Torax wrote:That's because if you want change default texture of mesh and don't want to set it to bMeshEnviroMap, you must change it's multiskins.

In editor, open "Display" tab in defaultproperties of class 'ShockWave' and then open tab "MultiSkins".
Usually for meshes with one simple texture, to change their default texture, you must set one of first multiskins (under number 0 or 1). If it will have no effect try all multiskins slots - from 0 to 7. Probably you will find slot which affects default texture.
I already set in my map the Shock Wave effect and I set the texture for it. (MultiSkins - [2]) But still don't working. :( Read under Rocky's quote what I reply.
Rocky wrote:But here I didn't use those text file method. I simply created a new class and imported the custom texture over there and multiskinned it, compiled it and done.
I made this "tweaks" for myself just because I can't make own weapons and it's fun to change the textures, font colors, meshes, lighting, sounds, etc, and much more.
So you can change everything what you want really easily. Please check this and you will understand what I mean.

WOD UScript - EXEC's ...So that's why I use this commands - SET SHOCKWAVE SKIN (TEXTURENAME) or SET SHOCKWAVE TEXTURE (TEXTURENAME)
But these are doesn't work and I don't know why. :noidea Hope now you guys understand what I mean. :)