Machinima with UT99

Discussions about UT99
Cerebrate64

Machinima with UT99

Post by Cerebrate64 »

I don't really need anything too complex. I need to do an advertisement for ut for one of my classes, I need to know if you can do Machinima with it. Mostly a map flyby and some views of players in action. For the flyby I know I could just record before a match starts, but I want to remove the match information.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Machinima with UT99

Post by EvilGrins »

You mean something like this?
[youtube]UB_N80n6Al8[/youtube]
Not mine, but there's tons of things like this on youtube.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Yeah, flybys and stuff are common.
The opening sequence for example.
You can easily just have a botmatch playing, unless you want specific actions or timings.

People have made/edited UT Machinema but, if you just want to show-off UT, use the demo recorder and play it back.
You can swap camera as often as you need, re-run the same section over from different angles, and capture clips you can then edit to some music.
Use a free remix or mashup of a track you may want, or stick with a UT original if you want to avoid complications.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

You mean this?...

RypelCam: http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=M ... pelCam.rar

http://rypelcam.net

Tutorial by Locomotive - Hello everybody!

Road-book of RypelCam (UT`99)

After many testing I compile an instruction. With these files I could reach some success. I want to share it.

1.\ step: Downloading

The compressed file contains:

a.) A modified user.ini (in User folder). It is a simple user.ini file, but contains special key assignment;
you will use these for making paths and flying camera.

Left=summon cam.speccamlinks
Up=summon cam.speccamvorne
Right=summon cam.speccamrechts
Down=summon cam.speccamhinten

Insert=summon cam.speccamoben
Delete=summon cam.speccamunten

P=summon Cam.faster
O=summon Cam.slower
I=summon Cam.softlyfaster
U=summon Cam.softlyslower

1=summon Cam.saveMouseRotTrigger
2=summon Cam.mouseMoveTrigger
3=summon Cam.mouseMovezTrigger
4=summon Cam.timeDispTrigger
5=summon Cam.btimetriggerNumPad0=FirstPerson

NumPad1=viewclass CamControl
NumPad2=exec startTrigger.txt
NumPad3=exec startTrigger2.txt
NumPad4=exec showControls.txt
NumPad5=exec Knoten.txt
NumPad6=summon cam.mouseTrigger
NumPad8=togglefullscreen

GreyMinus=exec updateViewerDec.txt
GreyPlus=exec updateViewerInc.txt
GreyStar=summon cam.textTrigger
GreySlash=summon cam.drawkey

Experience shows that you don't need all keys.

b.) Files of RypelCam (in Rypel folder). The folder contains: Cam.u, LoadCam.int and some important text files.

c.) Files of a simple Demo Manager (DemoManager folder). The folder contains: udemo.ini, udemo.dll (152 KB), udemo.int and udemo.u (235 KB).
Very important: Rypel won't work correctly with Anthrax' or Poema's demo manager.

/// For resemblance: Anthrax's: udemo.u (250 KB !!) ; Peoma's: udemo.u (429 KB !!) ///

2.\ step: You have to copy all files to UnrealTournament\System\ folder. /// Don't forget: Open Unrealtournament.ini (in the system directory) Find the
line that says DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver . Change it to: DemoRecordingDevice=udemo.uDemoDriver . ///

You should see this:

3.\ step: Click "Demo3+LoadCam". Select a demo. Be careful that be the"3rdPerson" checked and the "Timing" on "Time based".

If all good, demo is running.
For example I choose a BrokenLimits demo. I place the spectating camera (W, A, S, D) to the middle of the map, like here:

I push the "NumPad5",you have to see a lil flag:

Place your spectating camera at a good part of the map and push 3 times (3 times cause of a randomly bug) the "NumPad5", you will see this:

Place your spectating camera at an other good part of the map and push "NumPad5":

Place your spectating camera at the third part of the map, and push "NumPad5":

With this pushing "NumPad5" we "save" our flying camera's places and direction (x, y, z, pitch, yaw, roll)

You may ask that what am I seeing? In ideal case you can see 4 flags on the middle of the map: the first flag and three others what you placed by own yourself.
Between the flags you see moreover many many lil balls. These balls show your expected flying camera direction. When you will be flying the camera will look such a direction
how you saved the spectating camera with "NumPad5".

4.\ step: Saving co-ordinates and directions of your future flying camera:

The real saving is coming just now: Press "NumPad8", and then "NumPad4". At this time you see the "CamControlProperties".

Open the "RypelCam_Properties", and change the falseness of "save_to_all_ini" to "True":

Quit from game clicking "X".

If you watch your UnrealTournament\System\ folder you see a "RypelCam.ini" file which contains different things, for instance all co-ordinates.

5.\ step: Replay

Now we fly, but not in the old spectate mode, but with rypel like you view in the UT Intro.

Play the same demo with "Demo3+LoadCam". Press "GreySlash" for hiding the balls and flags, and then "NumPad3". You fly across the earlier given points.

You can fly faster by pressing "P" or "I", slower by pressing "O" or "U".
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

[off-topic]
@ASLYE702 ...what is this map name ? Looks interesting.
[/off-topic]
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

CTF-BrokenLimits There is a lot version of this map just because it's a league map.
No weapons in this map, it's for insta and for sniper arena.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

ASLYE702 wrote:CTF-BrokenLimits There is a lot version of this map just because it's a league map.
No weapons in this map, it's for insta and for sniper arena.
Then it's perfect for Random Arena and Ridiculous 'Deemer... thanks.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

The best guy by far I ever saw making this stuff was Alucard. This is his mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/bounce and he has an account here under the name "VatcilliZeitchef". He's a really great guy and he doesn't mind if you ask him questions. Take a look at his mapping and you'll see that he's an artist as well, his work is on a higher level than the vast majority of released stuff.

Several of his released maps have cutscenes and cinematics that would be in line with what you are wanting to do.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

JackGriffin wrote:The best guy by far I ever saw making this stuff was Alucard. This is his mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/bounce and he has an account here under the name "VatcilliZeitchef". He's a really great guy and he doesn't mind if you ask him questions. Take a look at his mapping and you'll see that he's an artist as well, his work is on a higher level than the vast majority of released stuff.

Several of his released maps have cutscenes and cinematics that would be in line with what you are wanting to do.
Ah Vatcilli ...yes he is a great "guy" :wink:
The best part is ...did you know, that I like to play his Bounce mod together with your Ridiculous 'Deemer... :mrgreen:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

I was just reading that on his bounce page and enjoying a moment of nostalgia. I had a good time making the mod and it makes me even happier that someone "got" it :tu: You made my day paper! Damn now I want to play it....
So long, and thanks for all the fish