EPIC EULA regarding UT99?

Discussions about UT99
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

EPIC EULA regarding UT99?

Post by TheDane »

The EULA for UT99 has been replaced a few times over the years and has been dwelling for a long period at what I think was the EULA that was released with UT2k4 (I may be wrong? But it was at that period?). Now as you can see in my thread over at my place: http://www.forum.unrealtournament.info/ ... hp?f=8&t=9 the link to that last place where you could view the EULA is no longer there and you get redirected to the wiki instead.

Now, I have googled and searched Epics website(s) and forum(s) to read anything related to this, but I can't find it anywhere? The only thing I can find is the EULA for the Unreal Engine itself? here: https://www.unrealengine.com/eula

Now in that EULA there is a little funny thing mentioned in part 12:
12. Attribution

You agree to place the following notices in the credits for any Product (replacing xxxx with the current year):

“[Product name] uses the Unreal® Engine. Unreal® is a trademark or registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. in the United States of America and elsewhere”

“Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998 – xxxx, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.”

No other license or right in the Epic Trademarks is granted under this Agreement. All use of the Epic Trademarks will inure to the sole benefit of Epic. You agree not to engage in any activity that could tarnish, dilute, or affect the validity or enforceability of the Epic Trademarks or cause consumer confusion or diminish any goodwill relating to any Epic Trademarks. If you wish to make further use of the Epic Trademarks, please go to unrealengine.com/contact.

Epic may use your trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos used with any Product, as well as publicly released screen shots and video content from the Product, in connection with Epic’s marketing, advertisement, and promotion of the Unreal® Engine in any and all media without restriction.
Here I notice the "Copyright 1998-xxxx" part, does this mean that we are no longer under the old EULA and have to read up on this new one? Does anyone have any knowledge where we are standing right now - has EPIC adressed this somewhere that I have missed?

I have raised a simular question here as well: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/98 ... st31839137
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: EPIC EULA regarding UT99?

Post by papercoffee »

What was the outcome?
Wormbo
Adept

Re: EPIC EULA regarding UT99?

Post by Wormbo »

Why don't you just click on the link and see the disappointment? ;)

So essentially there are multiple EULAs around and none of them seems to be available online anymore, except for archives and caches. I posted the only EULA related to the original UT I could find - the simple one included in the manual, but there was no official reply yet as to which EULA actually is in effect.