Slow

Discussions about UT99
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x
Average
Personal rank: Server owner (BT)

Slow

Post by VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x »

Ok, i'm a bt'er and time is basically life.

And to be honest theres absolutly no point in me rushing if people can move faster than me.

I've found online that people dodge more farther than me, SWIM faster, FALL faster. I need to know WHY this happens, my ping shouldn't effect it but my average on my "home" server is 30-40.

I need to know if My computer is the fault or it's just gonna keep happening cus it's pissing me off.

Also in BT can comeone explain why my timer skips :) when i cap it skips a certain amount of seconds.

UN|| is a CLan born from the ASHES of VRN. Remember. Shade Also pays for UN||'s site, so he is a busy guy :P

Check our clan site here : http://www.vrn-klan.com/ Enjoy!
[DoC]Str!Ker
Adept
Personal rank: DoCker!

Re: Slow

Post by [DoC]Str!Ker »

There is the possibility to change the Dodgeclicktime into your User.ini. That means the time you have to click W,A,S,D two times is a bit longer then, but that shouldnt be the problem... may you are just not dodging so often as they are? they are doing it maybe in an shorter cycle?
---It Is Fatal To Enter Any War Without The Will To Win It---
-General Douglas MacArthur-
-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x wrote:Ok, i'm a bt'er and time is basically life.

And to be honest theres absolutly no point in me rushing if people can move faster than me.

I've found online that people dodge more farther than me, SWIM faster, FALL faster. I need to know WHY this happens, my ping shouldn't effect it but my average on my "home" server is 30-40.

I need to know if My computer is the fault or it's just gonna keep happening cus it's pissing me off.

Also in BT can comeone explain why my timer skips :) when i cap it skips a certain amount of seconds.
Lol Plox, why did'nt ya ask me? Haha

1. People probably dodge farther than you because of either
a) Better timing.
b) hacks.
It all depends on the scenario.

2. You can swim faster by ensuring you remain at the surface of the water as long as possible, and avoid "bobbing" up and down.

3. You can fall faster by holding down crouch. Also if you want more momentum jump up off a ledge instead of stepping off.

4. Regards to losing time at the end of your cap. Thats server delay for you. But don't worry you can't decrease the time loss, nor can it increase. Everyone has the same amount of time "added" its usually one second, maybe two.

@ DoC Striker - Thats just to make it easier on some people. It doesn't affect the speed at which your avatar dodges, just the amount of time it takes to activate the dodge in keypresses.

Hope this helps! :thuup:
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x
Average

Kings i think i lost about 3 minutes on capping in lowgravityi4g something like that.

I will get the link. It was a LONG time ago and it was my first time on the map. I capped it quite good tbh considering i hadn't been on it before.

Link : http://www.vrn-klan.org/album_pic.php?pic_id=84

Now i never noticed this until recently, but i was a newb sort of when i capped it XD

Doc, explain what you mean dodging? I always double tap the D or A to dodge, is there a way i can make it 1 click? :P

UN|| is a CLan born from the ASHES of VRN. Remember. Shade Also pays for UN||'s site, so he is a busy guy :P

-Feint-
Skilled
Personal rank: Amateur Mapper

Post by -Feint- »

Testaccount wrote:
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x wrote:
Doc, explain what you mean dodging? I always double tap the D or A to dodge, is there a way i can make it 1 click? :P
What he means is in the Ini there is a double press dodge setting you can change.

Most people have it set to about 3 - 5 ms, all it does is change how fast you have to press your keys in order to start a dodge.

E.g.

3ms = A...A > Then dodge activates

8ms = A.......A > Then dodge activates

It basically gives you more time to make your double press, a bit like how you change the speed of a double click in windows. It does not affect your Avatar in game. You won't dodge farther OR faster.
DanomanUK@i4games-Forum wrote:Nah, people bitch one way or another.
You cant win as a mapper ;)
[DoC]Str!Ker
Adept

Post by [DoC]Str!Ker »

if you would set your ini like you just have to press one time to dodge that would be hardware cheating and is not allowed...
I dont know what your doing wrong but normally nobody swims faster as you as long as you always keep your head up the water...
lauren
Skilled

Post by lauren »

VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x wrote:Ok, i'm a bt'er and time is basically life.

I know what this problem is .

Its not the server, its your computer . i dono why this happens . but when i brought a new laptop i was slow at dodging and falling and it added seconds for my timer when capping .

Maybe you could try another computer in ur house for ut to show u that the computer is the problem.

Hope this helps :?
LT
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x
Average

Lauren you are right.

It is more a work computer, i think the best thing to do is try my laptop and then try my brothers pc.

If all else fails ill try my sisters laptop.

People have said it could be my skin, but i can't even cap a map called "easy ...." (can't remember it all).

Im sure you know that map, it's like a 30 second map and has easy in the title, it's were theres a black mover and you dodge off to it into a short fall into water, then you push a secret door and swim through.

I never make it in that water. EVER the door either squishes me or i never even get to the end. O.o

[DoC]Str!Ker
Adept

Post by [DoC]Str!Ker »

maps called easy are mostly the hardest ;)
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x
Average

nah i capped it once, and now i can't...

I don't move fast enough through water :'(

Thanks for help guys!

shadow342
Average
Personal rank: UT map maker

Post by shadow342 »

hey plox, (UN||Xan). People can be using speedhacks too. I know alot off peps who do on CTF-BT-SlideBitchSlide. :?
VRN|0wn_m3_pl0x
Average

I guess so, i did hear of d4console giving an advantage in speed for when you shoot things when falling / moving.