I am done with UT99 forever... Pfft, yeah right!

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

I am done with UT99 forever... Pfft, yeah right!

Post by EvilGrins »

Over the years I've heard people say this who, after a few months, always came back. So far I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they were giving up on the original UT that didn't come back eventually. It's why I'm about 85% positive ferali will pop back in here before 2015.

I knew JackGriffin would be back, and he was/is.

Off the top of your heads, how many people can you think of that said they were done with the game forever that came back before too very long?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Shadow
Masterful
Personal rank: Mad Carpenter

Re: I am done with UT99 forever... Pfft, yeah right!

Post by Shadow »

So? Now.. what?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:The new foodfight trailer made me laugh a little. How can a mod for an engine change to a mod for another engine? I don't know exactly why, it just made me laugh :P, never seen anything like that before
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I hear a lot of peoples saying this and then I found them playing, even for 1 game or so, under a different nick or whatever community they hang out at.

There is 1 guy that I know since he helped me with modding on my sniper rifle, and he told me that he is moving to USA (from Mexico) and he said "no more ut99"... from previous experience, he said that before and he played UT99 after his words. I am sure he will be back again, regardless of what he said. He just need to find some time to play again or so lol.

It's always endless of what peoples can say, but the game addiction will beat your quitting words. ;)
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Heh, I only left until I matured... and here I am now.

I just can't stop working with my beloved horrible Unreal Engine 1.5.
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Shadow wrote:So? Now.. what?
^This
billybill wrote:The new foodfight trailer made me laugh a little. How can a mod for an engine change to a mod for another engine? I don't know exactly why, it just made me laugh :P, never seen anything like that before
What do you mean with "trailer"??
FF is no modification anymore ...it will become a standalone game.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

EvilGrins wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Over the years I've heard people say this who, after a few months, always came back. So far I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they were giving up on the original UT that didn't come back eventually. It's why I'm about 85% positive ferali will pop back in here before 2015.

I knew JackGriffin would be back, and he was/is.

Off the top of your heads, how many people can you think of that said they were done with the game forever that came back before too very long?
This kind of discussion can get inflammatory and honestly it's much more nuanced than to say someone is 'back' or not. Take me for instance. I answer the occasional question but I can't tell you the last time I played UT. I think I logged into UM's MH server long enough to chat up Hitty but that's all. I feel a certain obligation to share the things I learned if someone wants to take the time to ask a question, but does that put me in the 'back!' category? I'd think that would be someone who plays or runs a server or makes things.

Claudio will never be back, and that's best for him. He was always bigger than what UT could offer. A few years from now you'll read about him running some dot com and enjoying life. He deserves it too. You'd not ever know it but he didn't have the best of opportunities. Everything he is comes from his own hard work and determination. Guys like that usually go on to excel and I fully expect he will do that too.

I'd be careful tossing around any more players. It's easy for this to feel a bit like a "name-and-shame" thing.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
TheDane
Masterful
Personal rank: Happy fool :-)

Post by TheDane »

EvilGrins wrote:Off the top of your heads, how many people can you think of that said they were done with the game forever that came back before too very long?
All of Clan [DANISH] except for me, but don't Count me as active because you wont see me on a server I think? Then most of Clan [AMLP] appears to be gone? Then all my friend mappers from back when I was most active at that. The Danish Viking Clan members. The old core of ........... man the list goes on and on and on and on.....

Why do you make this topic? If I count them all I'm sure I will go way past 100 persons I could name?
Retired.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

You see Grins ...this thread has no real purpose ...it just makes people angry or sad.
We all know that UT is dieing, every day a little bit. We are the hard core fans ... but even in our ranks are people leaving and going to other games. That's natural.

I will close this thread tomorrow.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:You see Grins ...this thread has no real purpose ...it just makes people angry or sad.
Spur of the moment, random funny thought. Guess just funny in my own head.

My bad.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Raynor
Adept

Post by Raynor »

Question is - who will be the last one standing?
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

papercoffee wrote: I will close this thread tomorrow.
Closed!