Best threads 2014

Discussions about UT99
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Re: Best threads 2014

Post by Darkelarious »

billybill wrote:Maybe your site should list it under the server itself if it was added manually.
Step 1: Visit http://master.333networks.com
Step 2: Click "Unreal Tournament" (shown below)
Step 3: Scoll down (shown below)

Notice how the "direct uplink" column says "yes" or "no" for servers that send uplinks to 333networks directly, or servers that were added manually or were synchronized from other master servers.
billybill wrote:Somehow I think you're stretching the truth here when I set up so many server and so regularly and they all end up in your database.
You must feel horrible that so many people can find and join your servers. Countering argument with
Darkelarious wrote:All of the above is complicit with what you state; you send uplinks to Epic, 333nw receives these uplinks via Epic, and keeps you on the list of active servers. Thus it tries to query you. As long as you keep uplinking to any masterserver, you effectively state: "I want to be found", exactly what 333networks does: find you.
billybill wrote:Actually, it was one of your guys who started this again.
Please define "this" and "again". I am not playing the guessing game. Don't come up with the same bullpoop. Be clear what "this" is and why I get accused of doing it "again".

Also, if this is an embarrassed or hidden request to blacklist your servers from the master servers, email me a list of IPs you want blacklisted.
billybill wrote:Can I please request that you jump off a bridge
Yes, you can request this. Request denied.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Hi again,

But you don't receive it through epic. You are using clever wording now to try and make it sound like what you're doing is not dodgy. And by this and again I was referring to your quote of me starting forum posts everywhere. It was with angst I found the thread at your semi-official which is really official 333networks discussion forum

Also, if this is an embarrassed or hidden request to blacklist your servers from the master servers, email me a list of IPs you want blacklisted.

Please blacklist anything that is not manually entered, or uplinked directly to you, and that would fix the problem and prevent you from having to defend your dodgy actions.

Also have the database delete servers that are no longer uplinked to you, within a reasonable time-frame to prevent the casual server owner who accidentally lists their server for 2 minutes from being listed for a lifetime. I don't think asking them to ask you to remove them is reasonable at all and having them block you should prevent you from sending excessive requests that go on forever don't you think? I'm sure you can find a solution if it's coming directly from the master list each time, and someone is blocking you then they don't want anything to do with you and never contacted you for 'being found' to begin with

As a community I think we have some pulling power so I'd be careful bragging about things like this, and hope for a quick and reasonable fix
Last edited by UT99.org on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Denied.

My servers have been automatically added and shall NOT be removed.
I am fine if the ip is being spread widely.

It is like google. Google crawly my site everyday a hundred times, so do other search engines. I am happy google does this, so i don´t need to enter everything myself.

Thanks google!

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Darkelarious
Skilled
Personal rank: 333networks admin

Post by Darkelarious »

billybill wrote:Please blacklist anything that is not manually entered, or uplinked directly to you (...)
Ok, done.
I deleted every single page and closed the masterserver at 333networks. Congratulations! You won your crusade!
billybill wrote:Also have the database delete servers that are no longer uplinked to you, within a reasonable time-frame to prevent the casual server owner who accidentally lists their server for 2 minutes from being listed for a lifetime. I don't think asking them to ask you to remove them is reasonable at all and having them block you should prevent you from sending excessive requests that go on forever don't you think?
Agreed. This is actually an issue I came across a while ago. It's awaiting implementation. Added to the to-do list.
--Darkelarious
Masterserver | Discord Channel
Oh, and we still are ready to receive donations. The url works, right? It doesn't seem to be doing anything...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Pileyrei wrote:Why cant we just all be friends? :(
Best response in this thread so far.
Darkelarious wrote:
billybill wrote:Please blacklist anything that is not manually entered, or uplinked directly to you (...)
Ok, done.
I deleted every single page and closed the masterserver at 333networks. Congratulations! You won your crusade!
Wait, what?
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

I agree paper.

However, the site of 333networks is down now.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:noccer, you are the victim when it's up, not when it's down. lol
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

I don't see how any of this thread (including the original post) has anything to do with "Best threads 2014".
If this does not stop now, this thread will be locked.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

Since i cant reach the 333networks masterserver...

I also dont see billybills server "NEW Noobies" where he fakes the player count

(Dear billy, i know you love Bitmap, so i posted a Bitmap only for you ;) )

Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

This is all pointless anyway, as there is more at stake than a few piddly-assed UT servers that can optionally use it or not.
Almost all the Unreal network totally rely on their own hosted 333 masters, and several games companies and communities also use their own, and all with the same capabilities.
Their networks have been running reliably to host games (Rune, Postal 2, Deus Ex, and more)

Billybill, why don't you go and hastle Smirftch to take down the OldUnreal masters so the Unreal crowd can go without a network ?
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:You're right about 333networks using other games who depend on it. Well, Rune and some others. I'd still argue that turning to rely solely on 333networks wouldn't make any sense unless they do want to be labelled abandonware. They could've done better than what they did. It's extremely confusing the amount of version compatibility problems that game has. Almost impossible to know what version of the server to run. Frankly they do a terrible job at supporting their game and that's why no server rental companies want a bar of it. What they should've done is an in-house solution like UT did, they had all the information available to them. Turning to a non-profit service like 333 who could disappear overnight as a permanent solution almost seals their fate

Apples and oranges with Unreal, there's no comparison. OldUnreal patches are official too aren't they? And they don't do or haven't done anything to piss me or anyone else off, so I hope that was sarcastic

Surprised you'd argue for a thread closure, there's no harm and we've all said our piece, we're now waiting for changes on both sides so we can see how the behavior changes, you know trying to make things better. You can go ahead though. We even got a glimpse of the character of some of the people behind master servers, dark now knows the type of people representing his interests. So, noccer I can't thank you enough please don't change
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

billybill wrote:And they don't do or haven't done anything to piss me or anyone else off
So this whole crusade against 333Network was just a vendetta.
Well done ...I hope you are happy now ...you hero.

Thread closed.