Best threads 2014

Discussions about UT99
UT99.org

Best threads 2014

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I want to confirm to noccer and everyone else here, that I am indeed the Grinch. I have evidence
untitled.PNG
Should've put a huge bitmap file there hey Noccer haha

Anyway, I am the Grinch, and that's why I go around demonizing 333networks, which has apparently had huge rise in use due to being included in XBrowser. Who would've known an anti-competitive port scanner master server would spring up and have a couple clones doing the same thing

So putting threads in my private forums (Hook), and changing my signature to troll people (Noccer). Of course, I *AM* being sarcastic. I really found I had a couple horns sprouting in my forehead a couple days ago! Sorry, I forgot Germans have no clue what satire is, so much that we cannot put certain 'N' words to describe extremity. Or symbols of ancient Hindu origin. I want to stress *NO* I am not the Grinch or the devil. Seriously, I was only kidding. Sorry to disappoint anyone

Well, another year goes by... I sincerely hope everyone had a good Xmas and as with every year, gopostal, nelsona and myself wrote a bunch of stuff that nobody downloaded, New Spawn Locations, some new skin algorithms, new monsters, a whole updated Monster Hunt that works most maps with bots on your team and no log errors (http://forum.unrealtournament.info)

Earlier in the year the final NewNet was released. It should've fixed some of the exploits and he added some admin-configurable variables for weapon re-fire rate and damage. People can no longer complain about overpowered plasma beam or sniper that shoots too slow. Still has some bugs that favor high ping players and doesn't really live up to the expectations of a lag compensation system but hell remember all I do is focus on the negative and sing and dance. He did a good job although I can see why in it's state people are dropping it and going back traditional for tournaments (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5640)

(G)ott released a new XBrowser, this one goes a long way in respect to master servers and filtered custom server lists. A couple of very small minor bugs, some that have existed since the older one. Others like not being able to use a open location listbox and scroll through your history (viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3284)

I probably missed something, I know some ACE ban mod got updated, I'll have someone else link to that. Purely for the obsessed security conscious folks

What do we have to look forward to? Unreal 1 people!! Massive changes! This one campaign pack I forget the name has many new models and vehicles, big open maps with lots of detailed models and textures. Another guy porting and finishing all the missions from the un-released Unreal sequel for playstation

So besides thes prepubescent girls modifying their signatures and crying the same crap on their forums. The rest of you, wishing you all the best for 2015. Hope to see more of the good stuff
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: Best threads 2014

Post by Hellkeeper »

I read diagonally, was about to post TL;DR, but realized I hadn't undersoot anything.

Reread thoroughly, didn't quite get it.
Read it with focus, this seems to be a list of name-callings and passive-aggressive references until about halfway through, where it becomes a list of stuff to download.

I don't understand what this thread is about. Merry christmas though, and wish you the best for 2015.
You must construct additional pylons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I don't even...
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

papercoffee wrote:I don't even...
This.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

What the F are you talking about?
Last edited by noccer on Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:
untitled.PNG
Hey noccer. What the F are you talking about?

I did the same thread at the end of last year, only I was absent half the year and found it more difficult to get the links together. Let's be honest here not much happened this year worthy of the thread. I'm sorry if the humor was not understood. I'll put it this way though, I have friends and relatives who use my own personal forums for the info on it. I wasted my time responding on my own forums to some allegations or pre-pubescent cadenza that Hook decided to put on his forums. It's definitely a bigger deal to me because of the fact I had to waste my time doing it, and others have to read about it. Anyway if you could kindly explain the signature and don't forget to explain why it's there too then we'll forget about the little boy and his forums
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

You got a fan

http://hooksutplace.freeforums.org/post ... 1045%C2%A8

Btw, what font do you use?

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Doesn't explain your signature. Anyway I could provide proof of how the new 'master servers' work. I think people genuinely don't understand how their servers end up in that list when they don't uplink to it. It's kind of sad that they could uplink for 5 minutes by mistake and then they're stuck in the database after they remove the uplink. It's a type of harrassment. There's a couple more things I never addressed, well I guess I did address how I've gone out of my way to prove the O.P wrong before on corrupt files. There was another guy in the thread saying 333networks are so clever, so much more clever than me. Or something like that. It's really really sad. Sorry but people need to grow a brain. If you want to host a server noccer, and be ignorant to what it does or how it works I'm not going to try and help you. It's your decision and thus consequences are yours sir

Edit: hah P.S just had a quick read of what the guy thinks of my site, servers, rental. It's quite a laugh. He didn't quite understand where I was coming from with the master server but I already went through that in this post. Mostly aimed at YOU, I don't even know who that guy is. Anyway, the site loads unevenly because I haven't scaled down the pictures, and a lot of php code is being executed. I mean, the forums he posted on are full of spam, amateur ads and well I could go on but I won't. The servers I run are generally vanilla with server-side mods. The fact he would attack anything I write that isn't server-side is scare tactics. I don't believe I link to anything illegal, and the incomplete sections are not really urgent. I actually read his post as screaming with jealousy for all the different little things he mentions in that he can't do it himself, or he hasn't seen it, or he'd like to have it. But anyway, the game servers would run off my reseller accounts for VPSs, only there would be an ftp account and a start/stop button. Don't actually intend to maintain it for customers. Regarding that last part, obviously that forum IS the official forum if he's posting there right? hah, have him come over here and introduce himself
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:I'm sure I could find one of cops conducting a cavity search if you want, bury that head a little more son :tu:

The Rune being illegal software I can half agree with. Here's my defense though so hear me out. The game has been dead in the water since they made it steam software. They announced a Rune 2 and released a trailer. Most likely Human Head just wanted to increase steam sales. Either way they never released anything more than the trailer and Rune 2 is dead in the water too. I'm sure they still hold the trademark or whatever, and after Prey 2 you never know... hopefully a UE4 release.

But hear me the F out syntax error. Your friend noccer, the people who admin and founded this site, and half the people who use it are all located where? Germany. Guess where UT is banned for sale? Which brings me to "If you live in Russia or somewhere where you cannot buy it on steam". Some of us, you, me, we're lucky enough that we can go get a disposable debit card, load it with cash and go on a spending spree. People in South America, parts of Asia, Africa, Russia, screw it you get the point they cannot use cc's, steam, paypal and other services we take for granted.

That said, I was meaning to add some alternate links of where to buy older versions of the game which seem to be included on some of the file repos where you'd find maps and mods for the game. I'm not saying that makes it right, if you look at some of the sections made later on the OceaniaUT site, like Starcraft 2, they contain links to where you can buy the software.

Once again I'll repeat the phrase to emphasize... "If you live in Russia or somewhere where you cannot buy it on steam".

And back to UT, those files are considered official, which is bloody good on Epic's part that we don't have people torrenting the game and all the baggage that comes with that. I could name a hundred negative effects that would spring from that case, do not get me started boy. It's an official demo in the official installer. Then it's patches with the official No Delta patch. "No Delta" presumably meaning you don't require a CD in the drive, it's a universal one size fits all type patch. Once again Epic deserve more credit than you are giving them for all of this. Only complaint being they should've done it with the Linux and mac versions. But then the Unreal Linux install is not officially allowed according to the oldunreal site which complicates things and leaves people in the dark
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

Cut it out you lot, or I'll send you to bed with no supper.

Rune is not abandonware yet.
http://master.333networks.com/g/rune
Still alive and officially supported by the authors with the help of 333nw

To be honest noccer, your new sig will annoy me rapidly.
I vote sigs contain only positive quotes, or you only perpetuate more stupidity.

I stand by billybill with the status of the demo combined with the NoDelta patch. As far as everyone is concerned Epic are aware of this old loophole, as it does not give you a complete game.
It is very handy for use as a mini install for editing when away from you own PC.
Syntax-Error
Novice
Personal rank: Admin & Player

Post by Syntax-Error »

Well billybill...

I have posted once before, but reading your latest post clearly shows you still don't know how the 333networks Master Server works... And still are ignorant to read explanations, as you seem to think you know it all.
You are still hunting ghosts if you ask me. The Master Server itself does not send out pings of any kind to see if a game-server is still up and running, nor does it perform any kind of portscans. The game-server announces himself at the Master Server and sends heartbeats to the Master Server every X seconds to let the Master Server know it is still up and running. The UCC.EXE Master servers work exactly the same way.
The admin of the game-server has to manually add the 333networks Master Server to it's game-server configuration file. It won't be put there by some midget in the middle of the night.
There is a "but" however... There is a link between the EPIC Master Server and the 333networks Master Server. When EPIC is not keeping track properly of servers which didn't send heartbeats for a longer time, those servers could have been added by the EPIC Master Server to the 333networks Master Server. I don't know if you know, but GameSpy had connections with other Master Servers as well for exchanging game-servers...

And uplinking for 5 minutes by mistake... Yeah right.
The Master Servers needs to manually added to the game-servers configuration file, so the admin DOES know what he is doing. If not, you seem to you know it all... and your knowledge goes above anyone elses... Well, for some things you could be right, but man... you are so wrong when it concerns the way the 333networks Master Server works.

If the game-server did announce itself to the Master Server and did send some heartbeats, the game-server will be shown in the available servers-list in the game-client.
If the admin of the game-server changes it's configuration and no longer points to the 333networks Master Server, the game-server eventually will no longer be shown in the list of available servers in the game-client, as the uptime of the game-server will expire.

Here you can find a simple diagram showing the flow of the data concerning the 333networks Master Server.
I don't think you will be able to understand, since you ignored explanations of other people in the past before, but hey it's almost new year!

The Master Server WILL NOT send any ping/heartbeat whatsoever to check for itself if the game-server still exists. As stated before, the Master Server only LISTENS to game-servers.
The 333networks Master Server has 1 addition, and that is, that it is capable to request a \info\ query at the game-servers for basic server info, so that this can be shown on the 333networks websites.
This is an extra bit of service for visitors who don't have currently a game-client running, but still want to be able to see which game-servers are available to play on.

In earlier posts you were also complaining they were harvesting ip-addresses to find game-servers... Never happened.
They did collect a list of servers from GameSpy before it went down.

But when it comes to harvest game-server info in an automated process, without asking permission of the game-server info you think it is justified when you do that.

For helping you remember what I am talking about I kindly refer to the following thread you created : http://www.forum.unrealtournament.info/ ... f=33&t=162

The first line of the first post you created states the following "This is where I not only name and shame fake player servers. But try and detail as many things about them as possible. (This is all automated and all I do is paste in the IP and port and then paste the results here)"
Do you think you are the mighty master admin of some kind who is allowed to harvest server info without the admins permission?
If so, you are probably the only one who thinks you are.

Complaining and attacking others about harvesting IP-addresses, port-scans and other abuse? Man... you really seem to have some issues!
Who the heck are you thinking you can do all that crap and then start complaining by others who actually provide a service for different games, and be appreciated, while you harvest the info just for your own gain?

Not to mention you have no problem thinking out loud about "learning on the idea of adding a proxy server to the ini, and then connecting through an evesdropping program for this".
Were the game-server admins notified about your "service" and ideas? If so... How did they respond? Probably not too positive I guess?

I did check the other posts on that thread, but I was not able to find the game-server called "New Noobies", which is yours I believe?
Perhaps you can explain why that server is NOT on your "billybill's fake players thread".

If you look at this picture, perhaps you can see why I ask this question:

The reason I ask is because that server recently had all 6 slots taken by bots...??
Now... How is that possible, and why is that server then not on your naughty list?

Oh... Must be because you think you are allowed to do that!

Justifying that a game probably is not for sale in Russia or other countries, simply because the lack of paying options for it, and thinking it is already an older game, clearly gives you the right to propagate illegal software, I can dig that ;) Never heard such a silly argument before :)

I don't do scare tactics, I asked questions based on what you have written. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about or whom you are talking about. That's fine by me. You just wrote "I read his post as screaming with jealousy for all the different little things he mentions in that he can't do it himself, or he hasn't seen it, or he'd like to have it." If I look at the crap on your website, I'm am quite happy I don't have that. If I would want something on my website, I would create it myself, as I am a big boy and know my way around on how to make "stuff".

Think what you want, because I won't tell you what I can or can't do...
I can tell you this: I'm not the proud owner of jealousy, you on the other hand are, since you don't seem to allow others to have success without you hopping along...

One thing is for sure, you don't know me, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a dumb remark. Like multiple posts you made in the past you think you know it all, complain about everybody of who you think is lower in life than you... You need to get a life and take off that blindfold. Then... look at the facts which were given to you by different people in the past, regarding different subjects...

It's weird to see you complain about others, while you have quite similair activities and think you are justified, while in fact you are nothing more than others...

Still you talk about proof, but again you provide nothing but hot air... *sigh*...
Even Darkelarious offered to have a look at it with you, and when you are right he would firewall all the IP's of your systems, so you would no longer be part of the 333networks Master Server serverlist.
As far as I know, you didn't do anything for that either... So... Why still no action, while you think you are right? Put your mouth where your money is...

Then... There's only one conclusion possible: You have no clue what you are talking about...

You write a lot, but actually : you don't say anything

Syntax-Error
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Ok ...I'm just too tiered for this bull shit.

To all ...keep this discussion on a mature level. If I see the first sign of name-calling do I have to close the thread.
Just a little reminder.
UT99.org

Post by UT99.org »

billybill wrote:Hah, papercoffee I'm with you. I don't want to read or respond to it, only to straighten it out. Well, I'll try

Mr. Syntax-Error very nice of you to show your face here, where to begin, the top I suppose. I'll probably just type from memory and then go back so excuse me if it gets a little messy

Ok. blah blah ignorant blah blah ghosts. Where are we? Yeah I know how a master server works. Not only did I replicate all it's functions, I did your little automated trick to fetch servers as well. I don't know how familiar you are with 333networks, you seem to try and split the two. You say the master server doesn't do this, but the site does, the site doesn't do this, but the master server does. noccer tried the same thing. It's all the same, same IP, same machine. So yeah don't try and confuse people and say it's two different processes, it's the same server and shows the same from anywhere else.

Here's what you are disputing, I uplink a server by clicking the uplink inside the game. Simple mis-click. Somehow 333networks get ahold of this IP and port. assuming, and in your words "every X seconds" one of your/their 333networks servers queries the epic one and let's be nice here "borrows" all the IPs in the list for it's own use. Now, if I want to stop the harassment from 333networks and it's associate servers (noccer, or whatever) I must now block them, even though I was not even wanting to talk to them, I uplinked to Epic. Now, I'm harping on ghosts here... I know Epic don't transfer their list voluntarily to 333networks "every X seconds". They download the whole list, and do it regularly. Let's say I'm wrong, this could be easily proved so tell me if I'm wrong.

Second of all, even if I block these servers. They don't take a hint. I can send 0 packets, 0 bytes like I never existed in the first place. So when does the robot take a hint? Why does the log show hundreds and thousands of individual queries on the query port. Surely if this was a master server I would uplink to it, and it would query me on my uplink port? Query port +1? no? This was what I was talking about in another thread, about you guys pretending to be a player downloading the epic list, pretending to be a player checking if a server is online. Not pretending to be a master server. Well, could be argued haha. Try and follow this... port scanner hiding as a player but in public hiding as a master server

OK so that's that. Apparently I don't know everything. It's not my fucking server I just log the abuse coming from it you see.

Love your diagram, there's a name for those charts isn't there? You tried to give me a flow chart right? To show how and where the packets go. You're quite right that is how a master server should operate. However, what I described doesn't it sound like something else? And yes that is the type of harvesting I meant. Trying to confuse people to think I meant range scanning or something is ridiculous because I never said or implied that

I don't know whether I should continue this, can you explain where I said anything about a proxy in an ini. Very confused

So you're trying to make a point about public vs private servers I see. You are arguing that I am hypocritical. On one hand a public server operating on port 7777 is a UT server and there's no harm for 333networks to hammer it for a couple weeks with no response, collecting ips from around the net and holding them in a database where they will be scanned for weeks. But I'm a hypocrite, because to make the fake player thread I joined a public server that's in the master list, which happens to be in the public domain and operating on a standard Unreal Tournament port. Quite simply I think you're wrong here, I think apples oranges. No need to gasp at hypocrisy here I can assure you

It's not even about asking the admin's permissions to scan their servers, it's the way the servers were obtained, and then the not taking a hint part. it's parasitic. Besides showing how a real master server operates, here's the part of what you said that I liked: " There is a link between the EPIC Master Server and the 333networks Master Server.". It's a shame that Epic are not on board, but it doesn't mean you should be competing aggressively with them. I don't see why they shouldn't block 333networks altogether based on the amateur 'mistakes' I'm saying. Take a hint. Leave servers that don't want to be uplinked alone. Does that mean each time you scan Epic you will scan all servers, anything. Man if the epic server were mine I'd put your ip asside and send you a bunch of FBI ips to scan. Even a non uplinked server, 2 weeks of no response before removal, seriously? And even one mere response resets the counter.

And sure, I don't know what I'm talking about, it was very hard work setting it up and not checking simple things like this. Perhaps the sloppy think-through of what you guys do is in fact intentional, I have no idea. What you said right here was perfect: "GameSpy had connections with other Master Servers as well for exchanging game-servers... " I'd like to know why dark is man enough to admit to this scanning of the epic server, and why you can not?

" In earlier posts you were also complaining they were harvesting ip-addresses to find game-servers... Never happened. They did collect a list of servers from GameSpy before it went down. "

I should really quote you properly but for such a long post you deserve a long post back I think. If I found out Epic singled out 333networks to pass their newly listed servers to it would raise many questions, so sort your answer out with dark and get back to me and we'll see where this goes

You touch on fake player servers, I'll tell you the majority of people on this site are opposed to fake player servers, however there *is* a line. Showing what is clearly marked as bots vs actual fake players. It says 6/6 right? Interesting... might want to look at the ipserver.u since the change that does both list them as bots and change that number are pretty much the same line of code and miniscule change to do it. It looks like it was omitted at the last minute like a lot of UScript in UT. Nevermind, you wouldn't be familiar with ipserver.u because none of you know what securevalidating was. Please tell me though why you guys would deserve that privilege of being the first to know of any new uplinked server to the epic MS?

So you really think that screenshot shows fake players hey?. Well, shit you got me. How could I miss that they were bots when they were right in front of me the whole time hiding in the open!! /facepalm, dude. But here's a response if you really care http://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=56 ... 133#p64133

About the people who have to jump through hoops to use steam, or those who find a game is prohibited to buy on steam in their country, I better leave that as I don't know if you are being sarcastic or not. I'm not too fussed either way, except for that postal 2 is banned here and so I can't buy it on steam. I'm forced to pirate it, if I want an older version of it or at least something usable on Linux it would need to be as original as possible in order to allow install

I seriously think less of you from reading your comments about my site, sure you misinterpreted my comments and thought I wanted to work for you or something and it sparked something in you. I don't want anything to do with your website actually that was more master-server talk. Some of that could be implemented into the site, but mostly MS talk at improving the UBrowser. So you are one of those guys who picks an html template, has an amateur site riddled with ads right? User friendly build interface click and point "look at me I make website". I'll tell you right now our site's not a business, nobody is expecting it to load like lightening, so there is no need to rush and fix everything at once. It does overload sometimes, but generally balances well. Don't really want to rush to move it but thanks for your concern. Instead of regular donations, the idea was that regular players can have their own server with us and support the public ones. Allows us to test out different things. Set up an http auth account for them to authenticate into the site using their (unique) credentials and they're into an area where we are constantly improving without buying commercial game server rental software. It's constant maintenance setting up, even the invoicing. So please, you ask respect for your work for UT? I doubt you'd understand the background workings of any of it, the UT mods, please template boy, let's just save face and move on before we go over our head

You say that I don't allow others to have success? And that I've hindered them or tried to? Sure free speech should all be banished right?, no questions, no ethical questions, nothing on legality, no discussion at all, nothing. I feel ya dude, quash descent, rule with an iron fist

I love this one: "Like multiple posts you made in the past you think you know it all, complain about everybody of who you think is lower in life than you... You need to get a life and take off that blindfold. Then... look at the facts which were given to you by different people in the past, regarding different subjects... "

Could we be any more vague?. I mean really?. I went to the shop, then I saw a dog, then I went home. End of story

"It's weird to see you complain about others, while you have quite similar activities and think you are justified, while in fact you are nothing more than others..." It's funny though, because people like you want to white knight these guys and make 20 page posts which never seem to go anywhere

As for blocking my IP, I already blocked yours. So what's the point? Why don't you just stop harassing those who don't respond. Makes sense no? Oh "public domain", pretty sure your friend said that when his servers got taken by the feds... you know, when all the packets were flowing to servers who never contacted you first. I'm sure that machine eats through a *lot* of packets

"Then... There's only one conclusion possible: You have no clue what you are talking about... You write a lot, but actually : you don't say anything"

Amen, look forward to your response. Anyone want to proof read honestly I got better things to do

And edit: By the proxy ini thing you said, were you talking about gateway servers? I never knew they bothered you 333network guys so much. I still sense jealousy, it's something you can't have so you get angry. I'll tell you right now the moment the code is released it will be abused by the fake player server guys, so I hold it. I don't intend to forever, but I don't want to allow abuse, all that shit you said about installing things onto your computer. And by the way, fuck that was funny, please talk more about the harms UT mods can do to your computer because I really need a good laugh
Last edited by UT99.org on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
noccer
Adept

Post by noccer »

TLDR