Isn't it beautiful?
You have permission to implement it into MH :loool:
Attachments
SiegeHUD.jpg
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Monster hunt problems ... :/

Post by sektor2111 »

Okay let's speak to clarify things more accurate.

Console generally running v5.03 is far from clean. Not only ScriptedPawn are causing "things" but even controller triggers BotPack in deals which weren't ever in purpose for using monsters.

What's the deal in 5.04?
Cleaning game-side and attempting to open gates to mutators by quit using AlwaysKeep to make monster skilled using a Shadow decal never seen On-Line. Also if old weapons rewritten are still sucks, in ini you can get rid of them and you might use even originals (see UT2U1 by Loathsome) and even other kind of code-push rewritten by me with the same results, or simply having a kind of OldSkool - yes, v5.04 allows more weaponry options in order to gain stability as long as those mutators won't do stupid stunts.

HUD
Hud is "original" and for me it looks like that PostBeginPlay() crap is fixed. I'm not using add-ons, just original. At a moment, after 1-2 hours of playing MH 5.03 original On-Line, actors started to be invisible - this HUD is changed and... during my tests I did not see this issue anymore. If we speak about improving HUD, it can be done with an outsider mutator as are do UTJ series. In free time I'll look over that Siege to see what might be a bless for MH.

Game structure - mainly a bit fixed rather than changed. Why not changed ? Because already there are mutators for MonsterHunt and v5.04 is NOT in purpose to make them OUT OF ORDER - it is in purpose to slow down spreading craps in console. So to summarize, if admin wants an update will replace 2 files: MonsterHunt.u from System and... MonsterHunt.u.uz from redirect - DONE.

Monsters deal:
If AlwaysKeep is not longer used probably you are allowed using a sort of mutator-pack to replace monsters trouble-makers. Projectiles fired by Monsters in v5.04 are somehow changed to gain a better game. Monsters... well it is your decision the deal with their states. I have prototypes but are done using my taste - insane fearless. Not everybody need the same things so feel free to develop some... animals as you wish. This controller probably is more friendly with such themes.

Version debate: It is v5.04 considered enough clean - anyone interested can recode a 5.05, and if that one is coded more advanced and much better I'll be the first one using that because I'm aiming a quality MH and... a good Engine.
In original v5.04 package (at Medor might be screwed based on his habbits) there are located cache files for players to gain a faster gaming in servers and to avoid mismatch errors. CONS: ON FLY travel leads always in mismatches for any case not only MH files, even other stuff won't be awesome when traveling occurs. Player has to be clean - fresh started game.

Speaking about location of update package, I consider No. 1 location Planet Monster Hunt aka Ut-Files.com. G00gling is easy so I won't teach you amoeba like things. Else at Hook there is a section where update 5.04 has a separate forum debate.

If any cute dude here wants to move forward related to MH I'll try to participate with what I know about issues encountered.

Yes, the Skaarj's story has 2 main roots (or more...):
- This monster doesn't have a timing toward game-speed BAD fired;
- Function ReplaceWith from Engine doesn't prevent future timer issues;
- Aaand - IT IS Holding weapon before to Initialize all things (server issues) - monster armed in version 5.04 will regain weapons when game starts to no longer drop invisible weapons and it is not allowed to join in TEAM 0 - LOL.

So... another HUD, another version are a part of other debate or experimental things as first priority.

MH Replication - I did not changed anything to not break whatever MH stuff. IT IS WRONG. bUseTeamSkins should be announced with bNetInitial or such, else player HUD mess up an Accessed None with a replication value unsent by server - I saw this later But I wrapped HUD to not longer show stupid things. I did not wrapped "cheatview" - I don't care about that, feel free to fix it. I did not implemented debug support for Bot pathing - I have such tool in a MH2 like, but if gets exploited will mock servers or simply people are too stupid for such... job, else it might be coded configurable to be available or not.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

more grief! this time I have a problem with MonsterEvents not displaying the messages correctly in the Temple map !!!

See the pix - first is OrionsCurse and ME works properly. Second is the TempleOfDragons Map (conversion of a previous assault map to MH)

Notice the messages are in the wrong spot and not a broadcast message like in orions ...!?

same MH version for both maps, same actors setup in this case in both maps:

Player --> NORMAL TRIGGER (onceOnly) --> DISPATCHER (out_events: various movers, ME_The_Damn_Message)

Any ideas?
MH_ORIONS_GOOD_MSG1.jpg
MH_TEMPLE_BAD_MSG1.jpg
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

That's actually not that unusual. Not all events in-game goto the center screen, many do go into the talk-texture area. It all depends on how they're setup.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

EvilGrins wrote:That's actually not that unusual. Not all events in-game goto the center screen, many do go into the talk-texture area. It all depends on how they're setup.
That's not very helpful grins -- in the assault maps a special event actor is used (triggered by something) to display the text in the center of the screen ala the first screenie. When i replaced special events used for "broadcast" messaging in Orions with Monster Event actors, the messaging text is as shown. All other MH maps I've played recently the ME does messaging as shown in the orions screenshot... I'm trying to find out exactly why...

However, the same thing done to the Temple map is producing a different result ... the text is being displayed in the chat area, not the broadcast...

The main difference between the two maps right now: Temple map uses XPickups, Orions is normal weapons - i can't how that has any effect though...
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Using a dispatcher or trigger simply put message in MonsterEvent and nothing else into other triggers. Do this job OnceOnly.

However old Nexgen versions won't allow message into the middle of screen.

Alternate solution is SpecialEvent with bBroadcast=True. In this way messages are BIG and Blue. InitialState=DisplayMessage. These should be fired once else player will be annoyed by abusing triggering.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

sektor2111 wrote:Using a dispatcher or trigger simply put message in MonsterEvent and nothing else into other triggers. Do this job OnceOnly.

However old Nexgen versions won't allow message into the middle of screen.

Alternate solution is SpecialEvent with bBroadcast=True. In this way messages are BIG and Blue. InitialState=DisplayMessage. These should be fired once else player will be annoyed by abusing triggering.
so are you saying i should NOT use MonsterEvent? That's fine by me since I already use specialEvents actors every where in many maps -

I just don't get why the ME *works* in all the MH maps I have and in this temple map they don't :noidea it's very weird...

Actually, I used a 2008 version of monsterhunt.u in the map (ued) when i did the original placements - and then later on replaced that monsterhunt.u with a 2005 version (in the system folder) ---- maybe this is the problem!!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

FraGnBraG wrote:That's not very helpful grins
I am but a humble editor of maps. I share what little I know.

MonsterEvents should take up space in the center screen in bold text:

I've found what usually goes into the talk texture area are the messages you leave in the counter that determines what the total ratios for the MonsterFactories put out, least that's how it works on that variant map I've got dozens of copies of.

Lil' fuzzy on why you opted to swap the 2008 .u for MH back to the 2005 version, but yeah that's probably the issue.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

EvilGrins wrote:... I've found what usually goes into the talk texture area are the messages you leave in the counter ...
Yeah, thats right, but keep in mind a counter's not the issue here --> the message i'm fussing about is generated by a ME ...
EvilGrins wrote: ... Lil' fuzzy on why you opted to swap the 2008 .u for MH back to the 2005 version, but yeah that's probably the issue.
well, the 2005 versoin is the original 5.03 - just making sure I have that one to start with. I fuzzy on where the 2008 version came from!? I think there may be
a filesize difference (i can't check right now because i am not at home) - i do remember this though: under the "Object browser --> Info -->GameInfo --> UT --> DeathmatchPlus --> TeamGame --> MonsterHunt" there are three more (sub-classed?) game types -- (named something like: Monster.Defender, Monster.SingleRole and some other one) wheras in the 2005 version there are no sub-types, the tree just ends at "MonsterHunt". This prompted me to change it back since I think this 2008 version might be a developer version given to me from jackgriffen (but i'm not sure). The version i got from Jack i think was 2010+.

Anyways, I'll try deleting/re-adding the MH actors tonight... hopefully that will fix it.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

FraGnBraG wrote:there are three more (sub-classed?) game types -- (named something like: Monster.Defender,
Those are dead classes unfinished, anyone has them, if something goes wrong in map you need to check settings TAG - Event
TriggerOnceOnly, bInitiallyActive etc. MonsterHunt 5.03 (probably modding version) is good for mapping too so it won't be causing troubles.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

FraGnBraG wrote:I fuzzy on where the 2008 version came from!?
Kind like ut99 didn't always have a 436 version, upgrades do pop up. The original MH website, which is still there but completely abandoned, did offer an upgrade some time after MH was released, and it may well have been in 2008.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In 2008 Kelly was coding MH2v3 if I recall well. Due to problems encountered at compiling new MH, he simply asked source-code telling to Shrimp that he wanna deal with other MH and he has recompiled one. Alternate solution would be a place-holder MH, in that time these things weren't truly known. Neither today we don't know everything about ScriptedPawn and what can be adjusted.

While I have worked at some Monsters with Bot aspect and weapon holders (but never bIsPlayer) or such I have noticed issues in animations timing, I saw all kind of craps happening and that's why I hate Monsters unfinished looking like garbage in servers.

Issues known or less known generated by monsters in On-Line gaming:
- WarlordRocket - is bad On-line;
- all Slith's projectiles - ROLE_DumbProxy as previous - BAD;
- some electro-crap is stucked in client - missing simulation;
- Titan throwing rocks - are rotating only in local games not in clients joined in servers (missing a simulated function);
- SeenPlayer works through Movers messing up things;
- Timer is bad in Botpack-Child games causing troubles at monsters;
- Weapons holded to early aren't initialized being dropped invisible - this is probably an Engine's related bad Net deal;
- completing bugs, Shrimp did not replaced quadsh!t with anything and he got busy to ruin RazorJack even developed another sort of LavaSlithProjectiles and others with the same bugs spreading them better;
- MH as a game On-Line with 1 team against Monsters will add some Monsters in Team 0 based on the same bullsh!t bIsPlayer causing existence of an unkillable Skaarj unarmed based on bad timer and nothing hacked to gain a better deal - it might be ReplaceWith a good way to setup this monster-soup in a different way;
- Bot run in place because original example was too good to be used - it was a need for trash;
- MonsterWayPoint could be a custom pawn (ignored usually by monsters like Forts) but a keypoint foreach-ed by 8 Bots is a "bless";
- More ?
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

sektor2111 wrote: In 2008 Kelly was coding MH2v3 if I recall well. ...
okay, that must be it - Jack just gave me the 2008 version in 2010/2011 -- i can't believe i forgot!!! well i looked and i can't find a zipfile around here so i'll have to dig around later on other backup drives...
sektor2111 wrote: ... existence of an unkillable Skaarj !!!!!
This was happening to me yesterday (offline) in OrionsCurse - Early on - I could not kill the bloody guy (so i left him) did not happen again in the same match ...

would you be interested in looking at the map, to assess it and give me some feedback? like i said, it actually does work SP, but needs a *lot* more monster and bot setup work thus it is a EARLY BETA-1 STAGE MAP ... I do not want to post it publicly since it will probably be *stolen* before it is even finished (like what happened to Asyle's MH map "turbine"... I would like to send the beta to a MH folks that will help me (full credits) and the map will be much better for the experience... :D
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

FraGnBraG wrote:would you be interested in looking at the map, to assess it and give me some feedback? like i said, it actually does work SP, but needs a *lot* more monster and bot setup work thus it is a EARLY BETA-1 STAGE MAP ... I do not want to post it publicly since it will probably be *stolen* before it is even finished (like what happened to Asyle's MH map "turbine"... I would like to send the beta to a MH folks that will help me (full credits) and the map will be much better for the experience... :D
I have an actor for mapping meant to solve Skaarj in MH 5.03 using MyLevel. It has multiple purposes:
- solving Monster vs Monster attack;
- removing Skaarj F5 team-view bug and making it to hold weaponry in big parts;
- solving even SkaarjOfficer's RazorJack never seen in MH5.03 - YES, it is doable;
- solving pickup messages - all old ammo and pickups will have large white messages like UT's ones.
It has a timer but is a helpful one - If you downloaded that Tomoko... map you will find it, it is called "Monster Team". It can be updated as needed.