Which anti-cheat is up to date ?

Discussions about UT99
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Re: Which anti-cheat is up to date ?

Post by noccer »

Chamberly wrote: There is another anticheat called BTAC (bunnytrack anticheat) which usually kick if the movement is too fast or so.
Yeah,it logs the time you needed to doubleclick the key to dodge, but it is useless, it logged me aswell for clicktime of 20ms. Why? Because my keyboard does a shitload of unwanted dodges, if i hold A and D, it will just make a dodge here, one there....

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
TruthAlwaysEmerges
Novice

Post by TruthAlwaysEmerges »

Chamberly wrote:..
There is another anticheat called BTAC (bunnytrack anticheat) which usually kick if the movement is too fast or so. But a lot of false positive occurred due to overclocked/multiple CPU in UT. Sometime, some anticheat aren't compatible with each other so not all can fit into 1 server without problem. :/ So I'd rather use a random anticheat loader for different gametype as an example, so when it is loaded, some kicks can be different. I'd need a dynamic actor loader for that then...
Well, as I know UT can using only 1 CPU core. But, there is some extension to utilize multiple cores, if I remember correct. Must look about ..
Overclocked CPU ? If I overclock my shit P4 to 4 GHz, it is still slower than some newer at 2GHz - just an example. However, it may be that old UT engine is simply not ready for very fast CPUs, and whole timing fails. So, those "positive false" are actually not false - player really moves faster, even if there is no cheat active - just because UT engine can not maintain proper player movement timing. This should be researched in near future. And this is not theory only - I complained to some players about their too fast movement, and many of them replied that have very fast PC. So, technically, they don't cheat (well, assuming that they did not lie), just have advantage, what can mean much more than better ping. As faster and faster CPUs spread around, it may be serious problem, and if most of players will be very fast, it will be not what UT was, and should be .

Edit---------------------by papercoffee
noccer wrote:
Chamberly wrote: There is another anticheat called BTAC (bunnytrack anticheat) which usually kick if the movement is too fast or so.
Yeah,it logs the time you needed to doubleclick the key to dodge, but it is useless, it logged me aswell for clicktime of 20ms. Why? Because my keyboard does a shitload of unwanted dodges, if i hold A and D, it will just make a dodge here, one there....
That crap keyboard will prevent you from playing well - unwanted dodges will result in falling often on certain maps.
And, UT should not process every keyboard action directly to server. In case of dodge, it should process only valid dodges - in other words, if there is too fast clicktime for double tap, it should ignore it. So, I say that there something smells. And keyboards are cheap.

Avoid double-posts please. Use the edit button instead.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Trust me, I bought a $80 keyboard and I still get accidental dodges from high to low settings. Holding A and D together usually generate the kick from BTAC.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
TruthAlwaysEmerges
Novice

I play with cursor keys. Yes, there may be matrix effect with some key combinations. But A & D ?
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

We use WASD instead of up/down/left/right arrow keys... because we can reach to the keybinded buttons closer than the one from u/d/l/r buttons.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I have too broad paws ...I need some space around my movement keys :mrgreen: that's why for me WASD is also no option.
TruthAlwaysEmerges
Novice

I have plenty of keys around cursors - left and right and over :D Numpad assigned completely .
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Chamberly wrote:Trust me, I bought a $80 keyboard and I still get accidental dodges from high to low settings. Holding A and D together usually generate the kick from BTAC.
Oh, so this is not my Keyboard? :D

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I have more the issue that I can double-tap the keys as accurate as I want, I have a 50% change that this commands won't generate a dodge... and the next rocket is appointed for me.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

noccer wrote:
Chamberly wrote:Trust me, I bought a $80 keyboard and I still get accidental dodges from high to low settings. Holding A and D together usually generate the kick from BTAC.
Oh, so this is not my Keyboard? :D
Hehehe, not sure. Logitech gaming keyboard, I have a faulty one and the customer support is bad about it, they never did sent me a replacement even under warranty. I waited more than 3 weeks. -.-

Anyway, apologies for going off topic. I just have no strongly anti-cheat in mind beside bunch of anti-cheat to add on the server and change them dynamically to run whenever such game loaded or so. :P Pretty strongly effective if I can ever get that to work. (ACE, UTPure (rofl for zp and other that included newnet), mmc, antitweaks, btac if can eliminate a lot of false positive kicks, ash (rofl) and possibly some other I have forgotten.)
Tim-_-
Average

Post by Tim-_- »

TruthAlwaysEmerges wrote:in other words, if there is too fast clicktime for double tap, it should ignore it. So, I say that there something smells. And keyboards are cheap.
This is one of the (many) annoyances with UT that I fixed with NewNet. :tu:

If you find yourself "autododging" due to your keyboard triggering some movement key too fast, you can enter this command into console: mdct 0.035

This will prevent you from dodging if the movement key was triggered twice within 35 milliseconds. You could of course use some value other than 0.035 but I've found that it works best for me.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

@tim-.- we need some kinda command sheet for these extra commands;

exploding carcuses
mouse click settings
hitsounds
console command to change ZRangeHack=True for partial weapons.
etc
etc
etc
max***
Novice

Post by max*** »

TruthAlwaysEmerges wrote:Well, I know those jumps on Deck - one player shown them to me. But I was not able to do it. I guess because my conn. allows not so fast command flow.
But Wises, you just avoided to talk about cheating, really.
This is not that some can dodge 10% farther - what would be case in Deck - they dodge 2x farther, as I said. They can dodge uphill - what is not possible regularly. I saw such things on servers without double jump .
I don't think that supplying e-mail address can help anything. Surely, so tracking of player's movements, jumps should be efficient method. Actually, there should be some anti-cheats based on that. Question is how much it (over)loads server ?
Idea about allowing only specific skill level players also seems not realistic. Cheaters don't care - they will jump in low level server and be happy to slaughter over 20 games in row - 'cause they are sick in head.
Yes, I did some recordings, and even sent to admin. Then he said that he don't see any cheat :D
I think that admins are main problem with UT99 . Every wise man gone on other games, and in old UT99 we have just lame admins, to say so. Those who are lazy, who don't see obvious, who care not. And even worse - many of them are cheaters. Some ban never, some ban for nothing - I was banned just because used taunts, for instance :D

And, there are cheaters among poor players too - who can barely win even with cheat. But they are annoying too. Can recognize them - use radar, spam bots ...
For finish my blah in this thread: there are big differences between players, but as you go higher and higher level, it becomes smaller and smaller difference - like in sport. Best sprinters are close each to other, in 1/10s, 1/100 secs. Human capabilities are limited, and it is like parabola - going flat at top. Same is with game playing skills. I had lot of good games with some people - where results were close on most of maps. On few one dominated, but that's normal. UT99 is practically dead - unsupported old SW. Amen.
LOL
TruthAlwaysEmerges
Novice

Who don't believe may visit Mokum Classic and Fun server - which is without admin - even given e-mail address is invalid. It is practically flood by cheaters. Playing normal game there is now almost impossible.
Considering ZP - that's just an attempt to achieve impossible. Especially when player's lag (ping - what is not exactly the same) varies a lot during play.
I had funny case with so called "UT India server" - guy from India had ping of 250, me 50 . Then he said that server is in Germany :D It seems that my geographic knowledge is 0 . After that he slammed me. I asked ZP ? He said yes :D After 2 minutes more of nonsense he said that it is his server - so admin. I left immediately - had enough of moronic/cheating admins.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

hes not cheating dude..

and the mod is not ZP exactly.. it is Newnet.. which allows for ping upto 300ms to play smoothly.

come play on my server.. and check your ping.. you will be amazed at how smooth it is.. even for 350-400ms ;)

http://333networks.com/ut/191.239.177.27:7778

*soz crashes a bit lol.. not had time to look into it.. lol.