Blank mutators and gametypes. O_o

Discussions about UT99
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Blank mutators and gametypes. O_o

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:I set once a Skaarj to hold weapon correctly and I was looking using "behindview 0", it was insane, not even Loque can do such things.
Behindview is fun, which is why I've got it hotkeyed... although the view never looks right from a monster holding a weapon.

Especially bad when a military skaarj has got the rocket launcher, they can lock a guided rocket on you so much faster than a human player can. One of the reasons I setup a map or 2 with those on it, giving them scary amounts of health, just so I could practice against them.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

I can be wrong, but perhaps some .int files of certain mods in OPs folder are missing essential data?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

heliumcat wrote:I can be wrong, but perhaps some .int files of certain mods in OPs folder are missing essential data?
You're not far wrong, but it's not so much an .int issue, or not exclusively. I had these blanks pop up for me when I was copying things from my original UT download to my more recent one. As some .int files connect to more than a singular .u, if you're missing a few files then that's what causes those blanks.

I'm afraid the only way to fix the problem is to make sure you have all the files for each thing you use. How to resolve specifically which files goto those blanks... that I'm not too sure about, but each of the blanks are there because of an .int that can't find all the files it needs.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

EvilGrins wrote:
heliumcat wrote:I can be wrong, but perhaps some .int files of certain mods in OPs folder are missing essential data?
You're not far wrong, but it's not so much an .int issue, or not exclusively. I had these blanks pop up for me when I was copying things from my original UT download to my more recent one. As some .int files connect to more than a singular .u, if you're missing a few files then that's what causes those blanks.

I'm afraid the only way to fix the problem is to make sure you have all the files for each thing you use. How to resolve specifically which files goto those blanks... that I'm not too sure about, but each of the blanks are there because of an .int that can't find all the files it needs.
I've had same issue before and the best way to find out is to look in every single .int files and review what needed to be done (modified- deleted a few if not gonna use, fixed, or whatever) and it works. This has greatly cleared up not only in Gametype and Mod Menu load, but mutators and other things as well.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

But i never activated this hack. :(

This server is good. lol

I think i will delete this. :P
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Never download a hack ...they can screw up your system ...and give you pimples.
noccer
Adept
Personal rank: Proud Terrorist

Post by noccer »

Servers will kick/ban you for having the mod installed, regardless if you activated it or not. Which is, in my opinion, totally correct, because one is not able to differ if the cheat is being used or not.

A little bit changed german saying: "Wer so einen Müll im Ordner hat, steht mit einem Bein auf allen Banlisten".

>>You can't steal any ip (v4)adresses, there are exactly 4294967296 of them, and they will still exist when you wrote down all of them, or are stored in a (master)servers database ;)<<
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Noccer mention the true stuff.

I have some blank lines in my gametype as well but if can you click on them awhile you look at the log, it might give more details too.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

the log is not helping me, and only i have 1 blank gametype. :P
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

FXANBSS wrote:the log is not helping me, and only i have 1 blank gametype. :P
Log always show more troubles, else for screenshot posted above you still seems to look for troubles. ACE can scan any threat in system as long as it can be activated later randomly and that's why you'll get kicked. It looks like you wanna be on a "bad-gamers" list used even in servers where you haven't been before and probably you'll find yourself rejected apparently without reason even you posted already twice you Zellius crap.
[attachment=0]Not_Allowed.png[/attachment]
You don't seems to have 18 years old and neither to use a clean client in order to play on-line. Then don't ask if you'll find yourself nicely black-listed. If admins here are nice with you, others can read this forum from outside and will take proper measures. Yes, smile in advance :P . Else you have simply signed a log somewhere that can be used later, shared in private, etc. :rock:
Attachments
Not_Allowed.png
Not_Allowed.png (29.3 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

I was banned before, years ago, when i was a dumb kid, that was using that hack. :P

I remember one time i use that hack, because it was lunch time, Instead to disconnect i used this hack. lol