A couple of questions.

Discussions about UT99
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Re: A couple of questions.

Post by Wises »

Flak wrote:Unknown, email me from your Epic Games email address ok?

I have a feeling you won't be able to do that since you don't have one. ;)
I have a hunch that.. , Flak might work for Epic.. :tu:
thanks for dropping into our small world Flak.. we're kinda the last of the Mohicans over here..

~perhaps Tim could be persuaded to release to us the 'last of the mohican code' one day ?.
:noidea
-=SoP=-axewound
Average

Post by -=SoP=-axewound »

Wises wrote:I have a hunch that.. , Flak might work for Epic.. :tu:
:tu:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Egads, the great and powerful Flak!

Sung of in song and story... or possibly a flak cannon became sentient and joined.
Yes, I'm incredibly nuts.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Hah. Wow. I also thought Unknown was fishy too, and I'd say... dude, what's your account name on Unrealtournament forum? :P
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Well, firstly, Welcome to our humble UT99 forum, Flak! :tu:

Now for the sake of Unknown's questions:
Unknown wrote:Please answer the following:

I. Which mods are your favorites? Why?

II. Which mods you can't live without? Why? (This is different because you may need some of those but they don't have to be your favorites, for example mods that are just small fixes).

III. Which mods do you think need a change or improvement? Please, elaborate on this.

IV. What would you think if someone made an improvement of those mods?

V. How do you think this someone should post this new fixes? (New content, expansion or the same as the original with just a side note of the improvement).

VI. Do you think it is alright to address those issues?

Of course by "mods" I mean everything from voice packs to mutators, everything that is a modification from the original game.
I. Nali Weapons 3, XPickups, Jailbreak (if gametypes count), Monster Hunt.
II. Xmaps, Xbots, Xconsole, Xbrowser
III. Not really sure, maybe Jailbreak to have some of the newer features it has in the other UT games? And Definnetly Pop Them Friggin' Balloons! :agree1:
IV. I'd love it! (only if the original authors are ok with that of course).
V. Not really sure.
VI. Again, if original author is ok with that and it won't cause any new issues, then why not? :)
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ballon mod added!
Unknown
Average

Post by Unknown »

Cheesus, do people here know what a joke is?
I, of course, do not work for Epic. I am actually the Unreal Tournament itself, I became self aware and I plan on destroying the human race.

Now the only purpose of my questions is to download yet more mods and to work with them in UT 99, not on the newer games.

And yes, with my original post I meant mods, mutators, voice packs, models, skins, game types, everything.
Shade
Site Admin
Personal rank: Founder of UT99.org

Post by Shade »

Jokes are sometimes hard to identify if no smileys are used. As you can see, it is not impossible that someone from Epic Games writes in our forums.
Well, now everything is clear and we can go back to topic. Welcome to our community, Unknown and Flak. :)
UT99.org Discord Server: https://discord.gg/6CP2UjZ
UT Server Browser: https://ut99.org/servers
heliumcat
Skilled

Post by heliumcat »

I. Which mods are your favorites? Why?

- Nali Weapons 3 Final: check the cybot launcher and the oversurrectors for example, you'll understand why. ;)
- Apocalypse Weapons 10 Alpha: basically a NW3 lite in my eyes, before NW3 even came out, the volatile ammo equivalents in this mod are crazy.
- ChaosUT: I love the turret and the vortex, it's unmissable, although completely incompatible with scripted pawns.
- Psi Weapon Dreams: not so great in terms of graphics, but fun to use, has a lot of custom sounds, sprites and weapon models, sounds are the best part in this mod in my opinion.
- Strangelove: no need to explain this, the newest version even has team coloured rocket trails and explosions and is very stable for most part.
- EXU: close to NW3 in terms of graphics, complexity and sounds, plus it has the best custom monsters for use in monsterspawn for example, awesome weapons, I never tested the single player campaigns though.
- Eightball Funnelbit: makes the simple UT99 rocket launcher projectiles behave like advanced cybernetic organisms shooting shock beams to enemy bots and monsters, with insane AI code.

II. Which mods you can't live without? Why? (This is different because you may need some of those but they don't have to be your favorites, for example mods that are just small fixes).

- All of those above + a lot of other ones (which I will probably sum up later, because I can't be bothered atm), because it's basically what keeps me hooked to UT99, can't complain at all.

III. Which mods do you think need a change or improvement? Please, elaborate on this.

- NW3: crashfixes mainly.
- ChaosUT: monster compatibility and more configurable settings.
- RocketsUT: crashfixes.
- Strangelove: need to fix the rare bug where you can't switch the SLV to another weapon when it runs out of ammo in some cases.
- Eightball Funnelbit: it should replace the rocket launcher entirely, not just it's rockets.

IV. What would you think if someone made an improvement of those mods?

- Nothing but positive thoughts.

V. How do you think this someone should post this new fixes? (New content, expansion or the same as the original with just a side note of the improvement).

- It should be discussed with the original developers of those mods imo.

VI. Do you think it is alright to address those issues?

- Usually it is, it depends though.
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Sorry to interrupt, but can staff please immediately elevate Flak above a normal user? Hell, create something just for her. There is NO ONE in the community that deserves it more than she does. The lights are literally on on the master server because she kept them on. The U-niverse has no greater advocate.

Thank you for the years you have given to the community. We have thousands and thousands of hours of cumulative enjoyment because of your effort and look forward to so much more in the future. You rock! :rock:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Okay, 1... Aha! You're back!!
JackGriffin wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but can staff please immediately elevate Flak above a normal user? Hell, create something just for her. There is NO ONE in the community that deserves it more than she does. The lights are literally on on the master server because she kept them on. The U-niverse has no greater advocate.
2, I'm with Jack. Do that thing he said up there. Image

Seriously, I don't have a smiley pointing up that is more serious.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Unknown
Average

Post by Unknown »

I really didn't think this thread would go this way.
rjmno1
Masterful
Personal rank: masterfull
Location: https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home

Post by rjmno1 »

sieg mod for ut99.
And ofcourse a ut 99 mod for ut4 , with all pickups weapons with x window and the graphical user interface from ut 99. :rock:

regardz:rjmno1 :idea:
unreal tournament 99
®
ImageImage
https://sites.google.com/view/unrealtou ... oject/home mine home ut99 website.
https://richardmoust105.blogspot.com/20 ... ef-in.html dutch blog page about ut99 settings.
CarltonBanks
Novice

Post by CarltonBanks »

This is a good discussion; earlier today, I was going to post a poll* on the UT/UE page listing all the mods I could think of so that prospective developers could gauge whether there was interest in taking on porting/rebuilding one of UT99's many awesome deviations from standard gameplay/mods/mutators. A lot of the developers have fallen off the grid/grown up/lost interest in UT development - seeing there's a market for a given gametype/UT add-on and what not may be the incentive they need (since they could conceivably profit monetarily from their effort) to port or re-make & improve something there's an established (or anticipatory) base of players for. Maybe they'd even get a kickstarter thrown together to raise up funds to develop their project. I know I'd kick in for someone to recreate the Infiltration v2.75 mod.

*Did not post it because I couldn't figure out how to make a poll. I'm the genius who reached for a camcorder when a player asked me to record the SLV match we were playing, so that should be indicative of my level of proficiency in such things.
Unknown
Average

Post by Unknown »

Oh man, I love your user name.
And you know, you're right! You were going to record a match from outside, with the actual players. You're a genius, you just work differently.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

there has already been lengthy discussion elsewhere, but i'd like to see monster hunt (both styles - the linear SP/coop style, and another crazy like invasion style)
All with better (graphically) and more races of monster classes. When not in the mood for PvP or BOT play, MH could offer "co-op" in a nice detailed atmospheric environment. mmmm...
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***