force humans to one team?

Discussions about UT99
raithe
Novice

force humans to one team?

Post by raithe »

I'm looking for a mutator to put all humans on the same team. I have Humans vs Bots but that doesn't work so well on large maps with only two human players. So I'd like to find something that would put bots on blue, both humans on red and then balance the red team with bots. Anyone know of something like this?

On a realted note is there a mutator that can scan the number of spawn points in a map and automatically set the max players to that number? I'm salways coming up with one on one maps which really are big enough for four to six players or maps that could handle over twenty but you never see anyone, or mass telefragging at gamestart.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: force humans to one team?

Post by papercoffee »

By default can you only use 16 bots at the maximum in a map.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

papercoffee wrote:By default can you only use 16 bots at the maximum in a map.
The default can be swapped, it's in the User.ini somewhere. Mine is currently set to 64.

The only mutator I know that does what you ask is the same one you mentioned, HumansVsBots. That swaps humans all to the blue team, I've never toyed with its settings... probably a way to make it humans to red.

Regardless, not very handy for team games of 3 or 4 teams. I sometimes use it, if it's a Deathmatch game, in concert with the MonsterMadness mutator, which has Unreal1 Monsters in team games automatically on Team Gold.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Unknown
Average

Post by Unknown »

Perhaps modifying Humans Vs Bots would do the trick, it shouldn't be so hard since the core code is already there.

And I have not seen anything regardless spawn points which I kind of need too when it comes to the initial spawn.
raithe
Novice

Post by raithe »

Hmm. Maybe I could mod HvB to do it. FerBotz iirc has a function like what I'm looking for I just don't want all the other stuff. Maybe between the two I can work something was just hoping it was already out there.