DM-Annama.7z
(4.11 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
Go figure...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Looking for quality outdoor maps

Post by EvilGrins »

I constantly forget this thread is here.
sektor2111 wrote:Arden - has issues at some lift in Outpost - you have to shot Bot in order to unlock it
The lift in the outpost you don't need to kill in order to get up there. One of the 2 bosses needs to die for access to the lift, but if you kill that one and the other is still alive the lift activates fine... but tends to hit the other boss in the head so you gotta kill him to get him out of its way.
sektor2111 wrote:Eagle... etc. - in RedBase there is a playerstart which makes a bot an useless camper if spawns there - will react only in threat with chances to die falling - BAD.
It depends, being one of my fave CTF maps I know where you're talking about. Bot gets in defense position there as a sniper, but if you leave him be he will eventually goto the side teleport that brings him down several levels and pops him on the roof of the Red Base...

...although, sometimes I just pop behind him and "kick" him over the edge.

Only other way to get them down from there is to ride the lift up and then the bot, or bots, will hop the lift coming down.

Sniping with toast!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

EvilGrins wrote:One of the 2 bosses needs to die for access to the lift, but...
Lift in Castle is very functional except... pathing it at way back. If Bot opens Main Gates from Wheel has a lot of chances to stay there because is a stupid PathNode between LiftExit and LiftCenter and that LiftExit from top is BAD located and that desperate PathNode Doesn't help - Between LiftExit and a LiftCenter is pointless existence of a PathNode unless mapper or other person was guessing not pathing - and Bot is skating at lift's Ledge forever - MBot might react different but I cannot bet that will pass that crap zone. As for last area at a moment Bot might keep waiting a Lift + issues at going on tower. There are chances to finish map but there are chances to fail as well - so to speak this map has BAD LIFT setup.
Why I could figure these ? Because I've done proper modifications at paths and I have a map completely operational + boosted Bot won't camp lost in spot out of paths and that one I'm gonna use from now on. There are a lot of modified versions which I could see and none has those things fixed - because Bot Support for MH is S.F. (actually is more simple than an amoeba's math 1+1=2 ) and none of those "addicted mappers" doing modifications were out of duty at doing a real fix. Let me see "fix1" first used by me in the past = No fix. And this is how were done mainly MH servers, using fix with no fix.
So we can end discussion about "defending" a crap in "quality outdoor maps" thread because Bot Pathing here is pretty BAD - read again + BSP problems (also 0 fixed). I have already updated map folder and I'm not interested about old messed up Levels.
This topic is about Quality Outdoor maps which is not the case for any old known Arden - and players know.
You might see paths in Annama...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:One of the 2 bosses needs to die for access to the lift, but...
Lift in Castle is very functional except... pathing it at way back. If Bot opens Main Gates from Wheel
Oh... that one.

Yeah, that's a bit tricky... though i've noticed if left to their own devices (so to speak) bots don't get stuck there forever. They must be getting out somehow.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bumpy
DM-Foom by Helen
By excepting an useless PathNode338 and missing paths through high spots we can figure that we have some good map in category OutDoor Maps. So to speak, you can give it a go.
DM-MoonBase by Jeff Randall
It is a bit over loaded with paths but... for year 2000 is just too good.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Thanks for bumping it :wink:
papercoffee wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:Do I need to check more ?
If you want... http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal-to ... hernLights
I plan to rebuild this map (without X-mas theme) and need constructive critique to make it better.
inb4 ...the bot pathing is not made by me ...Fragnbrag helped me a lot there.
Not a little critique ...nothing? ...this map must be horrible.
Good to know ... I don't have to build a remake then.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I cannot report bugs which I don't see. Probably it doesn't have major problems, I think I'll drop this into play repository. I did not check many CTF types as long as Bot Pathing is a bit more tricky there and people were failing even at DM which is way easier.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Yeah, I had some trouble with that map and FnB helped me out with pathing and fixed some bsb errors ...I learned many things from this map and still think it's a good one and worth to be remade.
DM is definitely easier to path.
Deepu
Adept
Personal rank: Average

Post by Deepu »

Attachments
CTF-MountainWindMills.jpg
Last edited by Deepu on Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Bumpee...

Half OutDoor or more... probably quality after figuring comments at MapRaider.
CTF-Disposable Heroes Version 1.55
[attachment=0]ctf-disposablev155.zip[/attachment]
by Andy 'Chrysaor' Monroe

Question signs >> Contains something named Object01 which is a brush... else I did not see a crash or such. After a whole team involved I have doubts to not be a good one...

Another one with some water was a good looking work but chapter pathing pretty crapped so it's excluded from "quality definition".
Attachments
ctf-disposablev155.zip
(3.34 MiB) Downloaded 64 times