I had amnesia, you should get some too

Discussions about UT99
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

I had amnesia, you should get some too

Post by JackGriffin »

<The following is most of a post I made at Old Unreal. It pertains to Unreal, not UT just so that's clear.>

I had some free time last night and I visited some other coop servers. It's always interesting to me to see how others like to play the game. In the browser tab was a server I hadn't seen. It was an Amnesia server. Neat, I liked that game so I clicked on to see what was up.

I was completely unprepared for what I saw. Guys, if you get time you really need to see what Bleeder & crew have done. They spun the flyby map into something that is unlike anything I've ever seen. If you liked Amnesia or games of that ilk then you NEED to try this.

There's no information but you can slowly figure out things. I don't want to spoil it so I won't talk much, but take time to work things out. It's especially good if you know the controls for Amnesia as they were brought in. My son, who is pretty jaded as a game player, was just as floored as me. That's saying a lot.

This is the sort of thing that keeps me playing this damned old game. You just never know when you will discover something as absolutely wonderful as this project is, and it's still super early in it's development. Bleeder has released a small demo vid:
NTbDlSo2JQw

The demo doesn't do the atmosphere justice. It's super creepy and the outside ambiance is incredibly done. If you have Unreal installed and see their testing server alive in the coop tab then take a moment to try it. You won't be disappointed if you love extremely well done environment.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Hellkeeper
Inhuman
Personal rank: Soulless Automaton

Re: I had amnesia, you should get some too

Post by Hellkeeper »

And for justice, Bleeder's take on this:
Honestly I kind of regret putting it online in such an early developmental stage, but people seem to like it a lot. I wouldn't recommend joining it right now, but when the AI is more... engaging, I will put up a proper thread about it.
But yeah, from the video, it looks great!
You must construct additional pylons.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

So far so awesome! :rock:
I have nothing else to say...
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

Now that is incredible.

That vid made me jump... not gonna spoil anything what's going on there as well. :loool: I ended up saying Holy Shit. :shock: haha.

I'll gladly wait for the recommended release, and hell yes I do have Unreal installed! :mrgreen:

Kinda remind me of resident evil on gamecube I played... heh.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

That looked pretty tight! Played that map on someone's server a stretch back but it was less creepy and more OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE every 3 seconds... but that vid above is much more intense.

Your subject line kinda grabbed me. Reminded me of an old joke: "I got food poisoning today... not sure when I'm going to use it."
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

I jumped!

Only the left arm with the light is irritating as hell...
Swanky
Adept
Personal rank: Brush Commander

Post by Swanky »

I really liked Amnesia (Outlast, too, but that lost some of its nerve along the way). Never thought the feeling could be replicated with the U-Engine. Great work, will keep tabs on it. Thanks for sharing.