[S]Mouse movements persist when I stop the mouse on UnrealEd

Discussions about UT99
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

[S]Mouse movements persist when I stop the mouse on UnrealEd

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Got a new laptop with Windows8.1 and now I'm obviously having some troubles with it :lol:
First thing I did was testing the compatibility with UnrealEditor :D And, sadly, it has a problem, this problem consists in:
When I move the camera with the mouse and I stop the movements, the camera randomly moves costantly into a direction, this bothers me cause wherever I move the camera, I cannot focus on what I see next to me.
NOTE: This happens only if I keep pressing the mouse button/s.

Does some of you have encountered the same problem with W8.1?

p.s. Idk if I rly should open a new thread for this other problem: When I fast move the mouse(while I'm playing UT99), the view gets softly blurred. Problably it is an enanchement, but I don't want it on my baby(UT99) XD
Last edited by PrinceOfFunky on Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Re: Mouse movements persist when I stop the mouse on UnrealE

Post by editor Dave »

Hi, this doesn't really answer your question, but I've got a similar, strange effect. Everytime I play UT on my laptop with Win 7, I've got the problem, too: I stop moving, but the camera slowly moves downwards, anyway. It doesn't happen in Unreal 227 or in UT on my Desktop PC (also with Win 7). Though, I've got no problems in the editor :|
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

I may have a non-relevant post but I think it might be slightly related.

My unrealed was being weird when I try to use the mouse to move things around, it basically seem laggy and it look like it's skipping and it's hard to get it to go to where I exactly needed. My only fix for this was either logging off the account and log back in, unless the problem still exist, I restart the whole PC and it stop doing it.

Imo, it remind me of UT99 was doing the same thing except going too fast/slow and I am using a dual core fix for UT99 to fix that, so I'm guessing I need an AMD patch fix for Unrealed.exe as well. O.o
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

editor Dave wrote:Hi, this doesn't really answer your question, but I've got a similar, strange effect. Everytime I play UT on my laptop with Win 7, I've got the problem, too: I stop moving, but the camera slowly moves downwards, anyway. It doesn't happen in Unreal 227 or in UT on my Desktop PC (also with Win 7). Though, I've got no problems in the editor :|
Oh well, my ex had the same problem, did you check the Input settings, like the "slope" option?
Chamberly wrote:I may have a non-relevant post but I think it might be slightly related.

My unrealed was being weird when I try to use the mouse to move things around, it basically seem laggy and it look like it's skipping and it's hard to get it to go to where I exactly needed. My only fix for this was either logging off the account and log back in, unless the problem still exist, I restart the whole PC and it stop doing it.

Imo, it remind me of UT99 was doing the same thing except going too fast/slow and I am using a dual core fix for UT99 to fix that, so I'm guessing I need an AMD patch fix for Unrealed.exe as well. O.o
If I'll not fix it, I think I'll publish things I've done, just these days XD
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

Mine does that sometimes when I use (specifically) a laser mouse that is not corded. When I switch back to the corded the same issue you have goes away. It's why I currently have a corded mouse.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

JackGriffin wrote:Mine does that sometimes when I use (specifically) a laser mouse that is not corded. When I switch back to the corded the same issue you have goes away. It's why I currently have a corded mouse.
I use a corded mouse :(
The problem does not persist using the mouse pad, but that would be ridicolous :wth:
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Cheap laser mouse + glass table (even opal glass) = no good !!!
Cheap laser mouse + reddish underground (wood table) = suboptimal, tend to go crazy sometimes.
Cheap laser mouse + mouse pad (black or complementary colour) = recommended.

Good Laser mouse + glass table (even opal glass) = suboptimal, tend to go crazy sometimes.
Good laser mouse + reddish underground (wood table) = is ok, but can give issues.
Good laser mouse + mouse pad (black or complementary colour) = recommended. This combination will never go wrong.

Conclusion ...use a mouse pad. :wink:
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

There's nothing but worn wood below the mouse, so many years of use have turned it into the best mousepad you can get.
At least apply some sort of mouse acceleration fix before resorting to more extreme solutions.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:The problem does not persist using the mouse pad, but that would be ridicolous :wth:
wait, did I write "mousepad"? Sorry, my bad, I meant "touchpad" (that's whu I said it would of be ridiculous to use it).
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:The problem does not persist using the mouse pad, but that would be ridicolous :wth:
wait, did I write "mousepad"? Sorry, my bad, I meant "touchpad" (that's whu I said it would of be ridiculous to use it).
Different driver.

What is the product name of your corded mouse?
Did you update your mouse driver? ...the driver sold (on CD) with the mouse can be outdated.

I have sometime issues when I use both mouse buttons at the same time ...if a menu pop up I can't see the cursor anymore, or I can't move the camera but I'm "locked on" to the builder brush. But those problems persists even on the forth computer with the tenth mouse.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

This may not be an UnrealEd thang. My mouse's pointer, when my computer works, tends to move even when I'm not touching. Sometimes I'll just kick back and watch the thing slide across and down my screen, just to see how long it takes.

I've got a lazer mouse, for what it's worth.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Oh well, my ex had the same problem, did you check the Input settings, like the "slope" option?
I checked it out, but I noticed that somehow, just now this problem is gone, without a change in the settings at all :wtf: Well, if it does occur again, I'll look in the Input options!
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
Different driver.

What is the product name of your corded mouse?
Did you update your mouse driver? ...the driver sold (on CD) with the mouse can be outdated.

I have sometime issues when I use both mouse buttons at the same time ...if a menu pop up I can't see the cursor anymore, or I can't move the camera but I'm "locked on" to the builder brush. But those problems persists even on the forth computer with the tenth mouse.
I tested it with 2 different mouses :/
EvilGrins wrote:This may not be an UnrealEd thang. My mouse's pointer, when my computer works, tends to move even when I'm not touching. Sometimes I'll just kick back and watch the thing slide across and down my screen, just to see how long it takes.

I've got a lazer mouse, for what it's worth.
Both the mouses I used are lazer and corded mouses D:

EDIT: Bad news .o. If I turn on the "Realtime Preview", the problem gets even worse, even if I move the mouse just a little, the camera goes kilometers away.

Oh and, anyway, when I close UnrealEd, it gives me 2 errors about "UnrealEd stopped working".

Aaaaand, my UnrealEd is 32bit, and my laptop is 64, but even the old one was 64, plus, the UnrealEd I'm using, is the one from the old laptop.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:I tested it with 2 different mouses :/
So you use the generic windows driver?
update it.

Or it could be a driver conflict with another device.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
Or just Win8.1
http://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-a ... ises-a-fix
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

papercoffee wrote:
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Or just Win8.1
http://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-a ... ises-a-fix
It worked, disabling the DPI scaling feature!!! Superthankyou :D :D