You can fire up rockets in a tightly clustered salvo

Discussions about UT99
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Re: You can fire up rockets in a tightly clustered salvo

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

sektor2111 wrote:Sudden features "discovered" - proving that you don't really play UT.
Lol you know what? I just started to ignore you forever . :rock:
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF}
Adept

Post by SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:Sudden features "discovered" - proving that you don't really play UT.
Lol you know what? I just started to ignore you forever . :rock:
Trust me you are doing sektor2111 a favor lol.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:Lol you know what? I just started to ignore you forever . :rock:
You are already ignoring everything around you, it's nothing new - people were trying to help you but you deny everything. Only a 0 skill guy could have Youtube account suspended due to problems caused by himself to himself - and that is pretty self explanatory, the rest of habbits to spam forum doesn't help you and nobody after all, perhaps you will discover keyboard someday and ball-mouse or heck knows what ridiculous things over-known are going to be fascinating. A friendly advice: take your head down from clouds and grow up.
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

Hahaha, Sektor, calm down buddy, it ain't worth it.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

Sektor's comment was definitely aggressive but it asks an interesting question. How could you not know about the 'tightly clustered salvo' ?

I thought it was a good joke to open an 'ironic humor' thread. :???:
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

This is mostly culture clash. Nels is a wonderful human being who just happens to be direct in what he says. It cuts some because quite often it's spot on. He doesn't mean anything negative with it, to him it just 'is'.

I love his refreshing honesty.

:waves at Carbon:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Carbon wrote:Sektor's comment was definitely aggressive but it asks an interesting question. How could you not know about the 'tightly clustered salvo' ?

I thought it was a good joke to open an 'ironic humor' thread. :???:
2012 statistics about how many italians knew about Unreal Tournament game serie was about 15%. I hope this explains a bit... I play UT99 since I was 12, now I'm 21 so they are 9 years I play it lol, discovered Online in games in 2006-2008, before these years, rly few italian people played online games, especially on playstation and, I think almost no one on Xbox. On 2008 I suppose there were less than 15% of italian people to know about Unreal Tournament, except for "UT3" title.
Here, most of us didn't even know what Eightball means, plus we still don't know what FLAK means... lol

Just to let you know about the "Online" case, the Ethernet port on the Playstation 2, was useless, cause no one ever played online with ps2, I did with cod 2: big red one, and it was the first and last game that I played online for only 2 weeks.

I remember the day when my brother tried to play online on UT99, it was on 2006, he said something like: "There's the multiplayer here, we can play with others". And I said: "No, it's impossible.".
Plus, we were gonna spend a lot to play online that day so he told me to not to say it to our parents lol. When he got into a server we saw other people but we first though they were just bots, then, we saw a person with the XAN skin, my bro got scared and shutted down the PC. LOL, that's a true story :D
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

So it took you nine years to find this out?
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

UTX wrote:So it took you nine years to find this out?
Yeah! As many others. I bet there are a lot of people who still doesn't know about it, even if they played ut99 for many years.
Carbon
Inhuman
Personal rank: Hoarder.

Post by Carbon »

PrinceOfFunky, not knowing about the alt fire rockets is indefensible really. You are just have to laugh at your oversight mate, an oversight that many - myself included - find quite incredible. But, you didn't know (and posted it!) and we have to give you a hard time! :)

The notion of an individual discovering a major gameplay selling point 16 years after a game's huge and continuing-to-this-day success, is pure comedy.

Maybe you should decypher the UT owners manual; there might be other cryptic hidden features. :satan: ;)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Did you know if you unplug the computer from the wall, UT will stop working?
Image Image Image Image Image
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

I mean, I would understand that somebody didn't know how all weapons work in a game that had some thirty weapons, but Unreal Tournament only has eleven, which appear almost in every map, and the Rocket Launcher, I think, is one of the most commonly used weapons.

Google UT99 Rocket Launcher and the very first link tells you about this feature when checking out the primary fire, nothing new since it comes from the Unreal Eightball. http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Rocket_Launcher

And I'm quite sure that 99.9 percent of people that still play UT know about this.
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

EvilGrins wrote:Did you know if you unplug the computer from the wall, UT will stop working?
Tried with my laptop, it didn't happen... YOU LIAR!
lol...
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
EvilGrins wrote:Did you know if you unplug the computer from the wall, UT will stop working?
Tried with my laptop, it didn't happen... YOU LIAR!
lol...
loooool

But the other tricks mentioned in this thread are known?
I mean the hammer jump is not as obvious as the third fire mode of the RL.
Or that you can launch the tele-disc with your imp-hammer to the other side of the Face map.
Or if on Face and you got the flag, take the redeemer and go to the top of the opposing tower and blast yourself in direction of your home-base and the flag will fly all the distance to your team which can grab it and make the point (sometimes it won't work). Well yes, you'll die but the team can get points.
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

papercoffee wrote: Or if on Face and you got the flag, take the redeemer and go to the top of the opposing tower and blast yourself in direction of your home-base and the flag will fly all the distance to your team which can grab it and make the point (sometimes it won't work). Well yes, you'll die but the team can get points.
DO NOT DO THIS!
That's why I don't enjoy playing online, people and their exploits, last time I played CTF Face online this one dude wouldn't stop doing that thinking he was some hot shit when it takes much less skill to do that than survive and bring the flag back to base.