Ridiculous.

Discussions about UT99
UTX
Skilled

Ridiculous.

Post by UTX »

In this thread we discuss ridiculous things we would like to see in Unreal Tournament, or Unreal since it is so close.

Alright, picture this, you pickup a new nuclear launcher called The Champion, those redeemers from Nali Weapons, and when it blows up, a bunch of fireworks come out while a huge John Cena sprite appears in the middle of them all with of course, his theme song playing. Optionally, the missile could be invisible because U Can't C It.

I have been watching some old videos from Vinesauce Joel playing Roller Coaster Tycoon and it made me miss the game, so when I get into mapping, I think I'll make some kind of rollercoaster in UT.

I think it should be possible to do this, bring the Anal Probe from Destroy All Humans into the game. Who doesn't want to probe Locke?

Just as there are now reverse Tentacles, I want a completely aracnid Pupae that can climb walls, walk on roofs and all that, in case it has not been made yet.

That's it for now, discuss, share yours.
MrLoathsome
Inhuman
Personal rank: I am quite rank.

Re: Ridiculous.

Post by MrLoathsome »

Re: Pupae that uses PHYS_Spider

That has not been made as far as I am aware.
I have seen a few maps where the pupae are placed on the ceilings, and a few where they run around sideways, but
none where they are actually using Spider physics.

I suspect if it was easy all the various spider things that Asgard did would be doing that stuff.
(Say what you will about the ugly code, that guy could make stuff happen. I still run LOTS of his stuff.)

The tentacles are not finished yet, although they are close. Still tracking down some details.
Pupae would be the next subject for that sort of thing if I don't get sidetracked.
(But I gotta finish my Frickin Sharks before I get back to the Tents.... :omfg: )

As far as the rest of those ridiculous ideas... Somebody else will have to look into that.

Speaking of Ridiculous.

I noticed the other day that if you hold down the ALTFIRE key when you have a rocket launcher, that you
can launch more than 1 grenade at a time. I am considering making a new thread to share this news. :wtf:
blarg
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

UTX wrote:In this thread we discuss ridiculous things we would like to see in Unreal Tournament
I played Nyan Cat Deemer vs zombies/dinos :o now I would like to see Nyan Cat Deemer vs Godzilla :mrgreen:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
JackGriffin
Godlike
Personal rank: -Retired-

Post by JackGriffin »

PHYS_Spider is badly broken in UEngine, it's never going to work. I played with this some years back and made good progress with it if you want my results. I used a trace to make the current wall as your 'floor', thus letting you walk on walls and ceilings. Visually though it's screwed for two reasons: much like the tentacles the player model wants to render oriented to the default 'down', and also in first person view it's incredibly herky-jerky as you change planes. I remember deck16 was unplayable this way because your mind just can't adjust like that. All the little decoration trims caused the view to skew in such a way you couldn't judge anything.

Oh and if you jumped, dodged, or changed to PHYS_Falling at all you unhooked from the wall.

It's doable though for monsters. I think. It would sure be sweet to see Alien momma scurrying along a wall.
MrLoathsome wrote: I noticed the other day that if you hold down the ALTFIRE key when you have a rocket launcher, that you
can launch more than 1 grenade at a time.
:mind blown gif:
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

The Ridiculous moment I had... was playing MH and someone from South America (Chile? <U01> Pat Wolve) was showing me how to "tank" and months later I found out it's banned on many servers and it is called Multi-gunning. :shock: Just omg. At least I'm not banned for multi-gunning but at the time I was playing on server that doesn't let you have the weapons to let you do multi-gun, sniper only for example.

It felt nuts because it was interesting to play with, and not my fav thing to call a ban on.
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
FXANBSS
Skilled

Post by FXANBSS »

Tentacles does not use PHYS_Spider but for some reason they are still floating mid-air.

This image shows a bug that is very boring to know how this happens. (Something related to collision and MaxStepHeight.)
I know this is fixable, i have seen some code in EXU2 in some pawn.
Chamberly wrote:The Ridiculous moment I had... was playing MH and someone from South America (Chile? <U01> Pat Wolve) was showing me how to "tank" and months later I found out it's banned on many servers and it is called Multi-gunning. :shock: Just omg. At least I'm not banned for multi-gunning but at the time I was playing on server that doesn't let you have the weapons to let you do multi-gun, sniper only for example.

It felt nuts because it was interesting to play with, and not my fav thing to call a ban on.
Haha, these chileans, my own country is full of immature morons. (Sorry.)
South America has the most nasty people. (Sorry again.)

Oh, what is multi-gunning?
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Post by Chamberly »

FXANBSS wrote:
Chamberly wrote:The Ridiculous moment I had... was playing MH and someone from South America (Chile? <U01> Pat Wolve) was showing me how to "tank" and months later I found out it's banned on many servers and it is called Multi-gunning. :shock: Just omg. At least I'm not banned for multi-gunning but at the time I was playing on server that doesn't let you have the weapons to let you do multi-gun, sniper only for example.

Haha, these chileans, my own country is full of immature morons. (Sorry.)
South America has the most nasty people. (Sorry again.)

Oh, what is multi-gunning?
Lel I've met some pretty interesting peoples from South America in the game. My interest outweigh the positive over the bad ones in South America. ;) So no offense taken, I'm just pretty darn happy about it anyway.

Multi-gunning... let you use more than 1 UT weapons at the same time as you shoot them (most commonly used is 2 weapons, but there can be 4 and more). ;)
Hmm seem like there is no video on youtube about this. Maybe I should upload one. :mrgreen:
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

And just like that, the point of the thread is gone.

I have not had the need to mess with physics so much so I do not know if Phys_Spider is what I meant but I'm sure you, Mr. Loathsome, should know much better about how to make an aracnid Pupae than me.

I was also planning on making a new Nyan Cat Deemer with different textures and effects using the NW3 Nuclear Launcher.

Speaking of multigunning, another thing on the list of things I want to make is different akimbo guns. I want to replicate that exploit from 007 Goldeneye where you can dual wield different weapons, to have a Rocket Launcher and Flak Cannon at the same time or something similar.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

You pick up an object that looks like a beard, which is actually a Chuck Norris relic mutator. Instead of you becoming more powerful, every Nali on the map gets a karate suit and starts roundhouse kicking everyone and everything to death.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

UTX wrote:I was also planning on making a new Nyan Cat Deemer with different textures and effects using the NW3 Nuclear Launcher.
nice ! I love Nyan Cat Deemer, Nyan Arena and all gametypes linked to Nyan, it's a total fun deemer mod :mrgreen:
I'll look forward your release :lol2:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

You all know for sure the Ridiculous 'Deemer ...idea by me and myself, realisation by Gopo/Jack.
It's till now one of the most ridiculous weapons out there.

Now I have 2 new ideas of total ridiculousness and silliness.

One... the Random-Weapon-Deemer.
A Redeemer which fires all the other basic weapons randomly ...those weapons are tumbling like drunk in the air and fire automatically in all directions. If you are unlucky are you getting hit by your own fire. The thrown weapon explode like a normal Redeemer missile if it hits any obstacle.

Two... the Player Deemer.
Instead of a projectile are you fired out of the Redeemer (the weapon stays where you where standing and falls to the ground) ...you can't steer when you are in the air but you can select all your weapons and shoot at your opponents ...you explode like the default Redeemer if you hit any obstacle + a huge fart noise instead of the normal explosion sound.
This is more or less a silly version of the Strange Love mod.

:ironic:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Over at OldUnreal someone started a thread asking about Unreal3, as in would there ever be one. Responses were generally negative... until I tossed something ridiculous in a way back that got some fun reactions.

Have a look · http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 9595012/15
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Oh oh oh ....another one.

The Cow thrower.
This weapon places Nali Cows where ever you aim ...those cows do nothing but roaming around the map or standing on unusual places and function as diversion. Everyone knows how much other player love to fragg them ...It's like bubble wrap. In the meantime can you aim at your distracted opponent and fragg him. :twisted:
Alternate fire calls all your placed cows to the spot where you was standing while pressing alt-fire.

Can be useful in CTF games too. :loool:
UTX
Skilled

Post by UTX »

@ EvilGrins: You make the Nali skins and Mr. Loathsome can make the karate Nalis. I can make the Relic, I just need a beard mesh.

@ UTPe: I don't remember, but was it you who made the Nyan Cat Deemer? I just plan on updating it using the resources from Nali Wepons 3, as well as add a few little details myself.

@ papercoffee: I guess I could try the Weapon Deemer, shouldn't be so hard having the Ridiculous Deemer around, the Player one sound a tad harder to accomplish. A Redeemer that fires Redeemers. :shock:
Oh, better call the cows to where you're aiming, like those mines from UT 2004, making cow barriers and such. Just make sure people don't get points from killing then or that's just a cheap frag.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

UTX wrote: @ papercoffee: I guess I could try the Weapon Deemer, shouldn't be so hard having the Ridiculous Deemer around, the Player one sound a tad harder to accomplish. A Redeemer that fires Redeemers. :shock:
Oh, better call the cows to where you're aiming, like those mines from UT 2004, making cow barriers and such. Just make sure people don't get points from killing then or that's just a cheap frag.
:lol2: Do it.