MUTATE OFFHAND <KEY>

Discussions about UT99
Armagedon
Novice

MUTATE OFFHAND <KEY>

Post by Armagedon »

Please tell me how to disable this annyoing sound in multiplayer game. I can hear this 3 times in a row! When i hear this stupid sound i wan't to exit game. Also i don't know what is it. What command i need to type in console to turn off this #$%%#$^%$^. Pls help me.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Re: MUTATE OFFHAND <KEY>

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Armagedon wrote:Please tell me how to disable this annyoing sound in multiplayer game. I can hear this 3 times in a row! When i hear this stupid sound i wan't to exit game. Also i don't know what is it. What command i need to type in console to turn off this #$%%#$^%$^. Pls help me.
What sound? Please describe. When does it start? If you don't care turning off other sonds, just turn off all sounds in the configurations.
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

A little bit more information would be handy.
Is your UT a fresh install?
What version?
Did you install some mods or mutators?
And as Gustavo wrote, what sound?

I wouldn't recommend to turn off all the sounds.
Armagedon
Novice

Post by Armagedon »

When this information is on my screen MUTATE OFFHAND <KEY> i hear pop sound. something like facebook pop sound when you have message. Its info you can turn this off but doesnt work. I install only this $^#@ you need to download to play any server. And many mods on each server i need to download to play. I want to have all sounds but not this 1 annyoing. Can i turn off info sounds? Don't know this info message is on server or whatever.
Armagedon
Novice

Post by Armagedon »

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

1) I've never seen a MUTATE OFFHAND <KEY> on my screen for any thing, let alone a grapple hook.
2) If it's a part of the mutator, and as you linked to a dead thread that had something to do with it, maybe download a newer version?
3) Does the sound occur when the weapon is active? You linked to a grapple hook thread, assuming it's that. Sound effect may be unavoidable.

Otherwise, if it's bugging you that much... don't use it.

Additive: Did a quick google, the mutator seems specific to http://www.unrealkillers.com/forum.php so they might be able to help you best.

More info:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... p?p=168011
http://forums.ut-files.com/grapple-hook-t1886.html
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Dr.Flay
Godlike
Personal rank: Chaos Evangelist

Post by Dr.Flay »

If you have literally typed "MUTATE OFFHAND <KEY>" into the console, that may be your problem.

That is the instructions for adding your preferred keybind for the UnrealKillers grapple.
You are supposed to choose what key you want to use, not write "<KEY>" :wth: